Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vr.org RAM upgrade
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vr.org RAM upgrade

wickawicka Member
edited April 2013 in General

Host Virtual double RAM following Linode.

Hello XXX,

>

We are pleased to inform you that we will be upgrading xxx.xxx.com to one of our new plans at no cost*.

While not yet officially announced, the new plan will double the amount of ram your server has. Further details will be announced in the near future.

As part of the migration we do need to gracefully reboot your server during the following window:

xxxxxxxx

Please stay tuned to our blog at http://blog.vr.org or twitter http://twitter.com/hostvirtual for more details, and don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Note: If you have other servers with us in this or other locations, you will receive seperate notices as the upgrades are scheduled. If you would like us to upgrade any of your servers ahead of time, please open a low priority request and give us time to respond.

** Note: If you have a plan that ends in *.95, ie 19.95, 29.95, 39.95 etc. you will be moved to our normalized pricing ($20/$30/$40) etc. In this case a small invoice of $0.04-5 will be generated. You can disregard the invoice and we will apply a credit to it so the upgrade completes. **

Thanks!

Comments

• Good News :)

• NickkNickk Member

Good move by them, nice.

• wickawicka Member

I have cPanel there, just thinking what should I use the additional ram for?

• @wicka I got my upgrade email about amsterdam almost a month ago, so not sure who is following who :-)

cPanel needs a lot of ram especially if you haven't tuned php/apache etc, so it's a good thing.

• @wicka said: ** Note: If you have a plan that ends in *.95, ie 19.95, 29.95, 39.95 etc. you will be moved to our normalized pricing ($20/$30/$40) etc.

wtf copied everything from linode lol

• JohnSHJohnSH Member, Patron Provider

I guess they didnt want to reinvent the wheel and just copied.. uhm I mean borrowed =) lol

• How's VR comparing to Linode?

• @zhuanyi said: How's VR comparing to Linode?

Love VR personally...

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@zhuanyi - first of all HostVirtual (vr.org) runs own ASN and own peerings (Linode not), beside that their support is the best I ever worked with, their locations are also very good and they are open to suggestions like additional peerings etc.

• wickawicka Member

I tried transfer guest from one host to another with both. Vr is slower and not automate like Linode. Both support is fast and responsive.

• wickawicka Member

I feel Linode's backend management system and control panel is better.
    However you can choice para or full virtualization xen in vr but Linode have no choice.

• wickawicka Member

And vr have more location choice. Which Linode don't have Hong Kong at least.

• You know... you could edit your posts and add on to it...

• wickawicka Member

I know but using mobile now not so good in control. Sorry all.

• So basically VR is at least just as good (minus the fancy backend) as Linode, if not better, and they offer the most LEB-style package among the premium providers...guess I'll give them a try.

Too bad they don't have the 10 USD package in HK location. HK is just...expensive....

• Personally, I find VR better (and higher quality) than Linode. Yeah linode does have the shinier panel but in the end (atleast to me) the NYC VPS I have out-dos my Linode (especially network wise. Dang VR has a great network)

• I must be living under a rock, I have not heard of these guys, looks like some interesting plans.

• @Microlinux said: under a rock

Same here... LOL

But I remember something about that guys, I am not sure

• Are they essentially just a brand of hostdime?

• @zhuanyi i think leaseweb?

• @unused said: @zhuanyi i think leaseweb?

Ah....ok....the logo remind me of hostdime haha...

• yes,logo looks like of hostdime

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I asked about this. They're not affiliated with leaseweb or hostdime

• Are they essentially just a brand of hostdime?
    i think leaseweb?

no and no

Dang VR has a great network)

Even in India they have a great network and great uptime

• @Voss said: I wonder how I have never come across these guys.

Its because you're not part of the LET Illuminati.

• @Voss said: LIES! I got a membership card from @jarland after sacrificing those 23 goats to appease the LET Illuminati gods.

FOOL. We do not sacrifice goats! We sacrifice summer hosts to appease the gods!

• @HalfEatenPie said: FOOL. We do not sacrifice goats! We sacrifice summer hosts to appease the gods!

Be patient people, summer is almost here :)