Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BLACK FRIDAY: LET'S ALL GO BROKE EDITION - Page 52
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BLACK FRIDAY: LET'S ALL GO BROKE EDITION

Comments

• @brueggus said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    Supprised so few shared hosting packages sold, I suppose hardly anyone uses shared hosting around here or are my plans just shit?

It's not that fancy to have a shared hosting package idling compared to a VPS.

You just don't get that feeling!

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Just a reminder, you can get 30% off some idling shared hosting here: https://virmach.com/special-offers/

$3.5/year for shared plan with dedicated IP, $2.1/year for shared IP

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2017

@VirMach with another

Or are you guys just playing around :)

• VirMach rotated :-D

edited November 2017

@JabJab said:
    VirMach rotated :-D

Indeed.

1.5GB KVM, 1 core, 10GB SSD, 400GB BW in New Jersey. $9.50/year w/o support.

https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • I am so done buying CC IP space.. at least until Monday.

• Those tangerines are tasteless, sooooooooooo disappointed ;(.

• I am still sitting here, hungry. I've consumed nothing but carbohydrates all fucking day. KETOSIS BE DAMNED!

• Purchased and activated the VirMach Windows KVM. @VirMach, thank you so much ^^

• Actually, it's been almost two days with nothing but carbs because EU/US "Black Friday". One more hour and I can finally slumber.

• Bought shared from @AnthonySmith and @VirMach, no idea why do I need two :-D.
    I blame @Harambe for making me buy 2nd one.

@JabJab said:
    Bought shared from @AnthonySmith and @VirMach, no idea why do I need two :-D.
    I blame @Harambe for making me buy 2nd one.

Now you've got one in the UK and the US. For redundancy or some shit.

At least that's how I justify it

• NOW BUY A SECONDARY DOMAIN!

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2017

WSS said: NOW BUY A SECONDARY DOMAIN!

Find me something cheap for 10 years and I will buy it!

/oh and give me yours Florida-Oranges if you are not going to eat them/

I am rocking that .ovh for all that unrelated stuff and catch-all on e-mail.

• Well, there were some damn cheap ones up through about February..

• With all these flacid disk virmach specials is there any benefit to try and use something like SSHFS to mount extra storage or even rclone with gdrive or 1drive?

• So... a time machine sell Black Friday? Can I go more than 10 months? Can I select like 6 years back? I will buy BTC and start my own VPS hosting, for real cheap!

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

I am still sitting here, hungry. I've consumed nothing but carbohydrates all fucking day.

Get a slice!

• Hasn't anyone fucking heard of NFS anymore?!

@JabJab said:

WSS said: NOW BUY A SECONDARY DOMAIN!

Find me something cheap for 10 years and I will buy it!

https://www.namecheap.com/promos/cheapest-tld-business-finance-domain-name-48cents.aspx

$5.58/5 year, can renew immediately for another 5 years though so $11.16 10 year.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • But, yeah, you could do that.. or make a bootloader in about 100MB and load it over the network and use the other 9.9GB for local processing.

I need to run out for 20 mins. Don't post anything good until I get back @VirMach

Thanked by 1Sova
  • Harambe said: $5.58/5 year, can renew immediately for another 5 years though so $11.16 10 year.

No, this is too expensive! It's the same price a DECENT idler from VirMach atm (without support). My brain can't make that decision, we need to go cheaper!

• @JabJab said:

Harambe said: $5.58/5 year, can renew immediately for another 5 years though so $11.16 10 year.

No, this is too expensive! It's the same price a DECENT idler from VirMach atm (without support). My brain can't make that decision, we need to go cheaper!

http://www.subdomain.com/

BAM!

Thanked by 1Sova
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2017

Too cheap! Stop* ruining the Black Friday spirit! @WSS :<

*I need to learn how to type, still is not the same as stop.

• VirMach roated

$21.00 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 10 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS WINDOWS 2008 AVAILABLE
    RAM 2048MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1600GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

@JabJab said:

They just re-listed the same thing with more storage, less bandwidth, $5/month more. lol

• Harambe said: They just re-listed the same thing with more storage, less bandwidth, $5/month more. lol

Less bandwidth, more space... make sense! ;)
    And no windows licence.

So for -Windows, -bandwith +10GB space we need to pay 5$ more. So disk must be really expensive there, like 7$ per 10GB? :-D

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2017

good morning...

missing that virmach special now is making me cry again :(
    @WSS @harambe why didn't you call and wake me up? would have gone for a bit of US love to poor old germany... oh. wait. that's probably not what I meant...

Thanked by 2Harambe WSS

@Falzo said:

missing that virmach special now is making me cry again :(

>

@VirMach teased a potential offer in Chicago, so there may be hope. There's also Monday.

This discussion has been closed.