Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2017 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2017 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• Rotated.

14.50 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 1536MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 400GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    Thanked by 13w3YBKo
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Provider, Top Provider

Farish said: I do have one concern. I changed the root password a few times using your client area and it never worked(couldn't log in after each change and waiting a couple minutes). It only worked after I went into directly into the solusvm panel and changed it there. Maybe something to look into after all this madness.

Sometimes it may time out on the client area.

Jebing said: Any offer with high ram left? Or I can go to sleep now :D

Sorry, you can't go to sleep. There's high RAM offers left.

chaoszero112 said: @VirMach I need a server that can run 2012 or preferably 2016. So 40GB minimum. Anything though in the pipe for, say 2+ core, 4+ RAM, 40+ Storage?

Yes, with your luck, that exact offer (without the pluses) happens to be the last offer of the sale. Sorry for the next few hours of anticipation. Or maybe next whole day. Who knows?

brilliance said: Yesterday I ordered for Amsterdam Server. But there was no Amsterdam ip. It includes US ip. Why don't I get my Amsterdam ip?

This is most likely due to the geolocation tool you're using returning incorrect data. We can submit a correction request, but if it's Maxmind, they don't always update them correctly. This is outside of our control. If you have support with your package, create a ticket and we can take a look to see if we can submit a correction report for you.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • brilliance said: Yesterday I ordered for Amsterdam Server. But there was no Amsterdam ip. It includes US ip. Why don't I get my Amsterdam ip?

This is most likely due to the geolocation tool you're using returning incorrect data. We can submit a correction request, but if it's Maxmind, they don't always update them correctly. This is outside of our control. If you have support with your package, create a ticket and we can take a look to see if we can submit a correction report for you.

There is no support with my package.

• @JabJab said:
    Rotated.

> 14.50 /yr
    > 
    > VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    > RAM 1536MB DEDICATED RAM
    > CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    > HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    > BANDWIDTH 400GB BANDWIDTH
    > LOCATION PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    > IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

is windows available on this plan?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2017

@drakula said:

This is official version: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2503613/#Comment_2503613

People managed to install Windows with netboot ( https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2503430/#Comment_2503430 )

You want plan that says WINDOWS in name I guess =)

• @VirMach said:

dfroe said: I PM'ed @VirMach hoping that this issue can be resolved. The flash sale deal would be great for me - if the VPS would boot. :)

Will take a look as soon as we're done with our ticket backlog.

CasualCanvas said: I contacted you several hours ago but it still ain't available.

We have hundreds of tickets on our system (mostly because everyone is ignoring the no support agreement and non-refund policy.) Please give us some time to go through this backlog and you will be contacted in regards to your order.

MarcusVinicius said: I was also 'caught" even being a customer lol

@VirMach could explain that "fraud"? i paid this year using the same way...

It's an automated system by MaxMind. There's nothing else we can do, since we need to manually set the order back to pending (which is not possible with flash deals.) You can pay with Alipay and that should go through the system fine. It doesn't matter if you're a new or old customer -- all orders go through fraud check.

Also Bitcoin can bypass the system but we had to disable it for flash sales due to long confirmation times.

We're continuously working on making our antifraud system better and manually going through as many orders as possible, but none of the planned improvements are available at this time due to certain limitations with the WHMCS API.

hello even I contacted you about a previous flash deal?

Can you please let me know if I was supposed to private message you?

I did that with my invoice however I have not received a reply

• @JabJab said:

@drakula said:

This is official version: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2503613/#Comment_2503613

People managed to install Windows with netboot ( https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2503430/#Comment_2503430 )

You want plan that says WINDOWS in name I guess =)

at first yes, but since you mentioned that users can install custom windows ISO this may interest me. so is it confirmed that we can install custom windows ISO on this plan?

• Rotated. New plan. This one with official Windows support :-P

$21.00 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 10 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS WINDOWS 2008 AVAILABLE
    RAM 2048MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1600GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• $26.00 /yr

RAM 2048MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 600GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
  • $17.00 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 2 GIGABIT
    RAM 2048MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 2x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• $32.70 /yr

RAM 6042MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 2x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 600GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• I just noticed that Windows reinstall requires opening a ticket...

sneaky...

spooky...

pricey???

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2017

I probably missed something.

512 MB KVM for 9$ per year....

$14.00 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – Medium load, maybe can use.
    RAM 512MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 300GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
  • @Yura said:
    I just noticed that Windows reinstall requires opening a ticket...
    (...)
    pricey???

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2503613/#Comment_2503613

@VirMach said: ISO mounts would count as support. rDNS & Windows re-installs (if you selected Windows and the plan had Windows available) are free and included even if you do not have support, to a reasonable degree. As in, we won't re-install your Windows every day.

They are not that evul:-D

Thanked by 1Yura
  • "Order Failed

I'm sorry but we cannot current accept your order automatically through our system due to billing issues."

what?

• Quick, try again, without VPN :-D

• So sad, missed the 2$ per month 50GB SSD special.

• 45.00 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – HIGH CPU
    RAM 3072MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 4x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 40GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @VirMach The prices of the offers will be maintained at each renewal, that is, recurring, or will only be for one year, you can clarify this thank you very much.

• @vanhels yes, it is recurring

Thanked by 1vanhels
  • @VirMach said:

Jebing said: Man, this is exhausting. I hope next time, there will be a timer when the next deal will come out.

We were planning a timer, but went against it as it would be more confusing if an offer sold out earlier than anticipated. We did not want to give the illusion that the offer would be up for x amount of minutes regardless of the stock levels.

abitfun said: It's a good idea to sell unbootable VPS to Chinese customer, who clicked no service option. No ticket, no refund. Even chage the account w/o deliever a service, cause no refund policy. What a quick money! I sugget @VirMach to reject any customer from China, even existing ones. Chinese are all cheaters. I am exact a existing 2 years Chinese customer. During this flash deals, once charged for none-delivery but cancelled order, second time get a none-bootable also none-reinstallable VPS.

In regards to your non-bootable server, we will go through these in bulk and check logs for errors. It will be fixed or you will receive a refund.

In regards to the payment issue, I'm not sure why, but mostly Chinese customers had these issues. Maybe something with the AliPay integration; I'll see if we can find the root cause. In any case, we will not bill you for opening a ticket in a situation where you received no product but were billed. We will definitely refund you.

@VirMach both issue solved, thanks a lot!
    As a low end client, I appreciate your fair support.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @virmach if one of them is no support one, that will be the only vps I can’t send support right? Any other offers with support included are still ok and can submit ticket?

• Think there's a provisioning issue with the 1GB OVZ in Amsterdam. Won't boot. Unless install queue is just overloaded

🐴 $2/mo 512MB KVM - Unmetered bandwidth. $1.25 for 256GB Block Storage - from BuyVM (aff)

• MTT86MTT86 Member
    edited November 2017

I think I have the same problem. The status of the 1GB OVZ Amsterdam VPS is offline currently.

• @virmach do you offer additional IPv4 and for what price and is that possible also in the "no support" plans (as I will probably need to open a ticket to order them??)

• $29.00 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – MED. CPU/RAM – 2 GIGABIT
    RAM 3072MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 3x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 800GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• Ahh I see the additional 20% has vanished.

• Question: why no IPv6?

• @VirMach Is there any offer of SJ or LA left?

• $34.00 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – HIGH CPU/RAM
    RAM 3072MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 4x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 800GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• manlivomanlivo Member without signature

Wait more disk. 10GB not enough for me.

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited November 2017

@manlivo

$29.00 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – HIGH RAM / MED. DISK
    RAM 3072MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 500GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @VirMach Ordered the amazing OpenVZ special (1Gb RAM/20G Disk) but the VPS has been offline since ordered, tried reinstalling but no dice. Also, I was charged only $2 for this (ordered without support), I guess some sort of bug in the billing process?

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • manlivomanlivo Member without signature
    > $29.00 /yr
    > VIRTUALIZATION KVM – HIGH RAM / MED. DISK
    > RAM 3072MB DEDICATED RAM
    > CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    > HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    > BANDWIDTH 500GB BANDWIDTH
    > LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    > IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    > 

Thank ! But i am waiting LA, Seattle, Dallas Location.

• I need to migrate my Confluence instance. Need some high ram stuff please (and disk included)!

• @imok said:
    I need to migrate my Confluence instance. Need some high ram stuff please (and disk included)!

I've been considering running Confluence for quite a while, is 4gb ram enough for a 10 user instance?

• Is there an offer for existing plans? My payment is due in a few days and I was wondering if there is some discount code which I can use.

• @fan said:

@imok said:
    I need to migrate my Confluence instance. Need some high ram stuff please (and disk included)!

I've been considering running Confluence for quite a while, is 4gb ram enough for a 10 user instance?

Hell no, I'm running a personal instance with 6GB RAM and it's swapping.

• @imok said:

@fan said:

@imok said:

Hell no, I'm running a personal instance with 6GB RAM and it's swapping.

That much! Hope there's one suitable for it in the coming @virmach offers.

• @fan My bad. Jira is running there too. So 4GB could work.

If IIRC, I saw a 16GB RAM / 12 vCore deal. OOS in seconds.

• @imok said:
    @fan My bad. Jira is running there too. So 4GB could work.

If IIRC, I saw a 16GB RAM / 12 vCore deal. OOS in seconds.

Thanks for the notice, I'm also concerned about the CPU usage, my prior trial run on a 4 core VPS ended up with Confluence consuming almost half of the CPU power. Atlassian apps are nice and cheap (for small groups) but sadly all are such resource eaters.

• i have CPU that is stuck becoz of ram

• fan said: Thanks for the notice, I'm also concerned about the CPU usage, my prior trial run on a 4 core VPS ended up with Confluence consuming almost half of the CPU power. Atlassian apps are nice and cheap (for small groups) but sadly all are such resource eaters.

I'm running on 2 vCores (E3). High load alerts are only fired on backup time.

edited November 2017

muneebrocks said: hello even I contacted you about a previous flash deal?

Can you please let me know if I was supposed to private message you?

I did that with my invoice however I have not received a reply

If you ordered a flash deal, paid for it, and it was cancelled -- you can contact us on LET private message to have to possibly recreated after the sale is over.

Yura said: I just noticed that Windows reinstall requires opening a ticket...

sneaky...

spooky...

pricey???

Re-installs are free. We will only re-install if you already have Windows as the OS, so don't switch to Linux for these specials. If you complain and you actually did have Windows on your package (and you don't have support) it will probably be flagged up to L3 support and then (1) if your plan did have Windows you'll get it still, or (2) if it didn't, you'll be billed $10 for L3 support (for no reason.) So a warning to everyone (yes, it's already happened, but we haven't billed anyone yet) who are requesting Windows re-installs for packages that were clearly not marked as Windows -- please don't pester us for Windows installs.

MarcusVinicius said: "Order Failed

I'm sorry but we cannot current accept your order automatically through our system due to billing issues."

what?

You didn't pass the automated fraud check. Unfortunately, not much we can do about it for the flash sales. By the time we can manually go through our order, the flash sale is over. Common reasons for this are (1) your IP geolocation is too far away from your billing address, (2) your IP address leased from your ISP is flagged as an open proxy, probably because of previous abuse, (3) your country is blacklisted for extremely high amounts of fraud - such as Brazil, (4) you entered your address incorrectly and our system cannot look it up, (5) your information is on a blacklist, or (6) you're using a proxy/VPN to order,
    or (7) Maxmind might actually just be flagging you as fraud for no reason (they're not perfect but this is rare.)

vanhels said: @VirMach The prices of the offers will be maintained at each renewal, that is, recurring, or will only be for one year, you can clarify this thank you very much.

Price will be the same. Except if you applied the 20% coupon it's one-time only.

muffin said: @virmach if one of them is no support one, that will be the only vps I can’t send support right? Any other offers with support included are still ok and can submit ticket?

Yes, but please be clear that it's about the VPS with support.

Harambe said: Think there's a provisioning issue with the 1GB OVZ in Amsterdam. Won't boot. Unless install queue is just overloaded

MTT86 said: I think I have the same problem. The status of the 1GB OVZ Amsterdam VPS is offline currently.

freezingfire said: @VirMach Ordered the amazing OpenVZ special (1Gb RAM/20G Disk) but the VPS has been offline since ordered, tried reinstalling but no dice. Also, I was charged only $2 for this (ordered without support), I guess some sort of bug in the billing process?

We're aware of the problem and will be fixing the issue. No need to contact us.

southy said: @virmach do you offer additional IPv4 and for what price and is that possible also in the "no support" plans (as I will probably need to open a ticket to order them??)

We were actually going to include multiple IP addresses with each offer, but unfortunately we decided against it as the level of abuse would be too high. If your plan is "no support" it means no upgrades or changes.

If your plan has support, at our discretion, we may offer you some additional services at their regular price (upgrades, migration, IP change.) However, most our support agents may deny your request as we've had a long-time policy for now allowing these on specials. Plus we may not have enough resources to do the above mentioned changes.

If they give you a hard time just drop a private message here, at least a week after the offer and I'll see what we can do.

alilet said: Is there an offer for existing plans? My payment is due in a few days and I was wondering if there is some discount code which I can use.

No, sorry.

Thanked by 1brueggus

Message to all LET members:

We want to make sure you have had a good experience for this sale. We are processing some orders manually after the sale is over, and if you were unable to order any of the offers for these various reasons, we can add you to the queue:

• Constantly marked as fraud (unable to order ANY special) - we will generate one special as a courtesy if there's still any room left. Please private message use the special, and your e-mail address. Please also include one or two backup specials since it may be sold out. We will attempt to generate one. We will only do this if you DO NOT have any other specials ordered (just to make sure you have at least one.)
    • Ordered and PAID, but your service was NOT provisioned properly. This means that your order was cancelled & refunded. We can offer you the same special. Please message your e-mail and the full special details. If you ordered MULTIPLE specials and they were all not provisioned correctly, you can request it for all of them. As long as a payment was made, and in our log it did not generate properly, and you were refunded, you qualify.
    • Ordered and PAID, but we ran out of stock and your order was CANCELLED before you checked out. You can tell if this occurred if your service was never "pending" and it was cancelled, with your invoice still unpaid. We need to process a refund externally, so please create a ticket if you have not already done so, and then message us here with the (1) Ticket ID requesting the refund, (2) your e-mail address, and (3) the exact details for the offer you attempted to purchase. We will only do this if you DO NOT have any other specials ordered (just to make sure you have at least one) if there's room.
    • If you ordered a special and DID NOT check out in time, and received the the next offer instead, please let us know your e-mail, your current specifications, and the specifications you meant to ordered. We can possibly cancel it for you and refund it as an exception, but only if you private message us on LET. We can also attempt to generate the offer you meant to purchase, if there's stock. If you do not receive a response, it means we cannot make an exception.
    • If you attempted to order and were NOT able to pay, so your order did not go through, please do not contact us. There's nothing we can do because the package is most likely actually sold out.
    • If you registered on LET just to private message us, we will not honor your request or reply to you. Join date must be before November 24, 2017.

I hope this is a good solution to the common problems people have faced. Please let me know if you have any further feedback or issues to report that have not already been covered.

• EdmondEdmond Member without signature

@virmach Thanks for making other's experiences on your sales easier! Have two questions for you, what's the support charge for each level if i opt out and is the 20% coupon still working or did you disable it?

• @VirMach Thank you for the great offers during Black Friday - and for a good laugh (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2508428/#Comment_2508428)!

Edmond said: @virmach Thanks for making other's experiences on your sales easier! Have two questions for you, what's the support charge for each level if i opt out and is the 20% coupon still working or did you disable it?

It's generally $3 for billing requests (term change, billing questions) or general ticket responses, around $5 for L1/L2 technical support resolutions, $10 per 15 minutes for L3. If we quote you $10 with a 15 minute minimum for everything it probably means you've made a lot of tickets with no support or multiple responses, but we're usually more reasonable with the fees.

We will refund any fees if it ends up being as a result of an issue with our servers.

• How many more flash sale offers do you have? Do you still have flash sale offers tomorrow (26-11-2017) or will the flash sale end today (26-11-2017)?

@Edmond yes, the 20% coupon is still working.

MTT86 said: How many more flash sale offers do you have? Do you still have flash sale offers tomorrow (26-11-2017) or will the flash sale end today (26-11-2017)?

We're not sure when they will run out. We have timed it to last up to Monday morning, but it will probably end sooner since some sold out sooner than the timer.