Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Basic Deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Basic Deals

MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2017 in Offers

ExtraVM has some limited use promotions right now for Black Friday. All come with DDoS mitigation, IP and network firewall management, SSD or NVMe SSD, IPv6 and fast ticket response times. Availability of each is listed above the plan, availability is at the time of posting and won't be updated.

Promotion 1 - KVM NVMe Storage
Avaialbility: 1 ONLY!
1 vCPU (E3-1270v6, 3.8GHz)
1GB DDR4 ECC RAM
100GB NVMe SSD
5TB Bandwidth
250Mbps Port
DDoS Mitigation
IP & Firewall Management
SolusVM Control Panel
Locations: Montreal, Canada
Promotion Code: None, just order below.
Price: $5.00 / month
Order: https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=165
Note: You get full 100GB NVMe SSD, no thin provision

Promotion 2 - OVZ i7 128MB RAM
Availability: 10 (5x France, 5x Canada)
1 vCPU (i7-6700K, 4.0GHz+)
128MB DDR4 RAM
5GB SSD
512GB Bandwidth
250Mbps Port
1 IPv4/IPv6
DDoS Mitigation
IP & Firewall Management
SolusVM Control Panel
Promotion Code: None, just order below.
Price: $12 / year
Order (Canada): https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=62
Order (France): https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=68
Note: Works on any OpenVZ VPS plan

Promotion 2 - OVZ i7 Game
Availability: 10
1 vCPU (i7-6700K, 4.0GHz+)
512MB DDR4 RAM
6GB SSD
1TB Bandwidth
250Mbps Port
1 IPv4/IPv6
DDoS Mitigation
IP & Firewall Management
SolusVM Control Panel
Locations: Montreal, Canada & Gravelines, France
Promotion Code: BFOVZ20 (20% off recurring)
Price: $2.40 / month
Order (Canada): https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=11
Order (France): https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=15
Note: Works on any OpenVZ VPS plan

Promotion 4 - KVM NVMe
Availability: Until Nov. 30, 2017
1GB DDR4 ECC RAM
15GB NVMe SSD
2TB Bandwidth
500Mbps Port
1 IPv4/IPv6
DDoS Mitigation
IP & Firewall Management
SolusVM Control Panel
Promotion Code: BFKVM25 (25% off recurring)
Price: $4.50 / month
Order: https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=26
Note: Works on any KVM NVMe VPS plan

Promotion 5 - cPanel Web Hosting
Availability: 15
10GB Storage
Unlimited Bandwidth
1 Hosted Domain
Unlimited MySQL, E-mail, FTP Accounts
DDoS Mitigation
LetsEncrypt SSL
LiteSpeed + CloudLinux
Promotion Code: BFWEB60 (60% off recurring)
Price: $1.59 / month
Order: https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=12
Note: Works on the Basic web hosting plan

Promotion 6 - OVZ i7 Game
Availability: 20
Promotion Code: BFOVZ50 (50% off first month)
Order (Canada): https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=11
Order (France): https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=15
Note: Get 50% off the first month on any OpenVZ VPS in Montreal

Servers are setup instantly unless space has ran out, in which case new systems will be seutp to complete orders but may take up to 2 hours to complete.

&) While ExtraVM doesn't have an official uptime SLA, any downtime caused by datacenter network or hardware issues is typically compensated to affected clients with 10%-30% credits of last invoice. Official SLA of 99.95% will be implemented in the near future. &) We don't provide or license Windows for KVM VPS. &) All standard Linux operating systems are available, or you can request your own ISO mounted for KVM VPS. &) All accounts go through a manual fraud check shortly after ordering, if an account doens't pass or is considered a risk you will be refunded. &) OpenVZ VPS that exceed 50,000 conntrack or 200K PPS may be automatically suspended to prevent issues for other clients &) ExtraVM provides a 3 day refund period, if you're not happy with the services provided please open a ticket requesting a refund.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Comments

• Awesome deal! Thanks!

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • I have some reverse proxies there, very happy with the network. Haven't been ddos'd (and don't really expect to), so I can't comment on the mitigation part.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • Everything seems good but 250Mbps Port is a real deal breaker for me.

• What is the make/model of the NVMe drives if you don't mind my asking?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

@willie said:
    What is the make/model of the NVMe drives if you don't mind my asking?

The ones on the KVM servers are SSDPE2ME012T4

• That's an Intel S3710. Pretty good! Thanks.

• ..now what the heck do I do with this thing since the RAM is only 1G? Use a few gigs as swap and crosscompile?

I keed, I keed!

@WSS said:
    ..now what the heck do I do with this thing since the RAM is only 1G? Use a few gigs as swap and crosscompile?

I keed, I keed!

I added an extra 512M if it's useful any.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @MikeA You're awesome.

• @WSS said:
    Awesome deal! Thanks!

Seriously?

• @cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:
    Awesome deal! Thanks!

Seriously?

I've got some data to chew through, and 100GB NVMe should be nice and fast. Why- you want it?

• @WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:
    Awesome deal! Thanks!

Seriously?

I've got some data to chew through, and 100GB NVMe should be nice and fast. Why- you want it?

When you put it like that...

I added another single NVMe plan with less disk and bandwidth, if anyone is interested and has a use.

1GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    50GB NVMe SSD
    2.5TB Bandwidth
    500Mbps Port
    DDoS Mitigation
    IP & Firewall Management
    SolusVM Control Panel
    Price: $4.00 / month ($48/year)
    https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=166

Thanked by 3willie WSS eva2000
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@mikea got any stock on anything?

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    @mikea got any stock on anything?

The $12/y plans are the only cheap deal I have now. I don't have much of the KVM left anyways (regardless of the deals), sorry :!

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2017

MikeA said: I added another single NVMe plan with less disk and bandwidth, if anyone is interested and has a use.

Nice! I went ahead and bought, just to try out an NVMe vps. It really does feel speedy. I don't know if I'll keep it (prefer west coast US) but it's a terrific offer. (struckout since I just realized what a lucky break I got!) When you say single plan do you mean there was just one? If yes, lucky me (and it does look that way)!

Edit: the fast SSD will be nice for running a search engine, if I put up another one of those!

• @willie To most people, "single" doesn't mean "Self plus two hands".

• WSS said: @willie To most people, "single" doesn't mean "Self plus two hands".

Well I thought it meant one more VM configuration. Of course the earlier 100GB one was even more amazing, but this is also great. Thanks MikeA!

• I'm still dredging through basic DNS and other goodness. I haven't had a chance to play much with the NVMe. Very good?

@WSS said:
    @willie To most people, "single" doesn't mean "Self plus two hands".

sure about that?

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2017

WSS said: I haven't had a chance to play much with the NVMe. Very good?

It seems to me that software installations (apt-get install) went faster than usual. The box is very responsive but I don't know if the difference between it and regular SSD is really noticeable for normal interactive stuff (program load times etc). The big win is high iops which matters most with random access patterns like databases or search engines. I'd say this vm feels faster than my 1gb BuyVM slice despite being further away, but that may be a matter of noisy neighbors etc. I believe BuyVM uses consumer SSD's like Samsung EVO.

Added: my cheesy "benchmark" was "du -a /usr | wc" which took under 0.5 seconds for around 40k files on the NVMe system, vs 3+ seconds for around 70k files on the BuyVM slice.

Thanked by 2WSS uptime
    edited November 2017

@willie said:

WSS said: I haven't had a chance to play much with the NVMe. Very good?

It seems to me that software installations (apt-get install) went faster than usual. The box is very responsive but I don't know if the difference between it and regular SSD is really noticeable for normal interactive stuff (program load times etc). The big win is high iops which matters most with random access patterns like databases or search engines. I'd say this vm feels faster than my 1gb BuyVM slice despite being further away, but that may be a matter of noisy neighbors etc. I believe BuyVM uses consumer SSD's like Samsung EVO.

It could be CPU limits in place, if you have a smaller slice, since they're dedicated resources. Don't think anything else would really make a big difference for something like that (unless compared to a 7.2k drive or something)

The NVMe stuff won't matter to most people.

• @MikeA said:

@WSS said:
    @willie To most people, "single" doesn't mean "Self plus two hands".

sure about that?

YOU LIMB-ENABLER!

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2017

MikeA said:

It could be CPU limits in place, if you have a smaller slice, since they're dedicated resources.

They only activate the cpu limits if you really burn a lot of cpu. Mine is usually idle but I occasionally do cpu-intensive things like compilations, and usually get the full speed of the core.

I wonder though if my whole disk image was in the host node's RAM cache when I did that test, since I'd installed the VM around half an hour earlier at most. So that would mean I was comparing RAM vs consumer SSD. The Intel DC3710 is also around 10x as expensive per GB as consumer drives, and has lots more iops.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • Awesome Promo #1 is wasted on me. Debian sure updates quickly, but now I really don't know what to do with it. Tons of bandwidth and 100G of space which is not bad. I'm fine if someone else wants it. @MikeA, what sayeth thou?

@WSS said:
    Awesome Promo #1 is wasted on me. Debian sure updates quickly, but now I really don't know what to do with it. Tons of bandwidth and 100G of space which is not bad. I'm fine if someone else wants it. @MikeA, what sayeth thou?

Cancel or transfer to someone. I have a few more available already.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @MikeA said:

@WSS said:
    Awesome Promo #1 is wasted on me. Debian sure updates quickly, but now I really don't know what to do with it. Tons of bandwidth and 100G of space which is not bad. I'm fine if someone else wants it. @MikeA, what sayeth thou?

In that case- what would it cost to bump my RAM up a little? I don't expect to use much, but even php-fpm tends to shit itself when you've got 100 vanity domains.

@WSS said:

@MikeA said:

@WSS said:

In that case- what would it cost to bump my RAM up a little? I don't expect to use much, but even php-fpm tends to shit itself when you've got 100 vanity domains.

can't, sorry, it was already priced lower than my regular 1GB plan.