Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: One Pound Web Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: One Pound Web Hosting

edited April 2013 in Reviews

Been using onepoundwebhosting.co.uk for a while now.

@onepound actually was someone who helped me resolve an issue I had with Direct Admin, as posted here
http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/201002#Comment_201002

This actually made me look into his products and services (after we exchanged PM's for a while).

I've not needed to contact support because everything seems to work as expected. While he does sell VPS services, I must confess that I'm only using a shared hosting plan at the moment (simply html website for a friend).

Key points being

• Fast
  • Stable
  • Cheap

Not much else to really comment on though.

I think my summary about covers most of everything, but I'll be willing to answer questions upon request

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

@Socially_Uncensored
    Will this trend continue? Sudden mass planting individual threads abour every host you and all the rest of us here know and use? Or you're doing this after fail with your first review in attempt to get (with opposite - positive reviews) back some credibility? Please stop wasting this space and our time with something what was said at those pages thousands times before without need to open individual threads.

Please, oh please.. go away.

--
    One Pound Web Hosting guys sorry for hijacking thread with your company name.

• here we go again

• NightNight Member

This isn't a review.

• @Spirit said: Will this trend continue?

2 more to go.... You could just be an adult and ignore it. Or continue to be childish and troll on. Either one works for me.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Spirit said: Please, oh please.. go away.

Come on, stop hounding him, will be done soon, no use to post on every thread, just flag it if you think it is inappropriate.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

You should really put together a VPS reviews website since you like writing them so much.

• @Nekki said: You should really put together a VPS reviews website since you like writing them so much.

Is that not what this place is also for? No rule saying I can't write a review for all the providers I currently (or recently) have used in the last 7 days (meaning they are current).

• NightNight Member

Haha, he's editing the first post to try and make it seem more like a review.. What a joke..

• Thank you @Socially_Uncensored I appreciate it although seems some others don't

Glad to hear your shared hosting is working fine for you, perhaps try a Xen VPS soon.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

@Maounique said: Come on, stop hounding him, will be done soon, no use to post on every thread, just flag it if you think it is inappropriate.

I know that he posted few minutes ago also review about company you work for but this doesn't make his acting today less idiotic. Yeah, I know putting things out of perpective positive review for you is positive review but this what he's doing today with opening new and new and new threads about hosts we use and discuss here on daily basis (without need to open new reviews) slowly become annoying. At some point his presence will be appreciated only by hosts he "review".

• @onepound said: Thank you @Socially_Uncensored I appreciate it although seems some others don't

Glad to hear your shared hosting is working fine for you, perhaps try a Xen VPS soon.

Thank you for your understanding and sorry if the drama has spilled wrongfully in your review.

Keep up the good work. :)

• CoreyCorey Member

@Spirit said: I know that he posted review also about company you work for but this doesn't make his acting today less idiotic. Yeah, I know putting things out of perpective positive review for you is positive review but this what he's doing today with opening new and new and new threads about hosts we use and discuss here on daily basis (without need to open new reviews is just idiotic). At some point his presence will be appreciated only by hosts he "review".

Wait - why can't he post reviews? If you don't want to see reviews ignore the reviews category?

• @Spirit said: At some point his presence will be appreciated only by hosts he "review".

And those who find these reviews in the future... I'm fairly sure you and the 3 or 4 negative people are not the only people who use this site or will find this site in searching reviews.

I like to write them all at once.... Rather than waiting. I've got 2 more and then I'm done. Relax.

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited April 2013

@onepound It is not that we dislike you, necessarily, it's just the following:

@Socially_Uncensored said: Key points being

Fast

Stable
    Cheap

Is not a review.

• NightNight Member
    edited April 2013

@Corey said: Wait - why can't he post reviews? If you don't want to see reviews ignore the reviews category?

I don't think that's the point he's attempting to make. It's more along the lines of that this user ruined his credibility and is now posting tons of other "reviews" to try and make up for it. It makes sense, as you can see this user doesn't post at least 1 negative of any other provider he's been reviewing. I can point out negatives from every provider, regardless of how outstanding service has been. These reviews are nothing but spam.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

@Corey do you expect to get brand new review by him today too? This would certainly help to business, correct? It's just... that while he started to open threads about well known hosts here after his first thread fisco his "reviews" have no value for community.

• @Spirit leave the guy alone, please. Maybe he is a genuine user of OnePound, etc.
    Just ignore the drama with chicagoVPS.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

@rds100 said: @Spirit leave the guy alone, please.

Imho. it would be better if he would leave us... Or atleast spend some time here and observe community to see what's about istead start spam threads crusade.

About OnePound - I am pretty sure that they are decent provider. At some point it will start to sux to be "reviewed" by this guy.

• @Spirit maybe he will, after he's done reviewing.
    Anyway, freedom of speech, etc.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Spirit said: @Corey do you expect to get brand new review by him today too? This would certainly help to business, correct? It's just... that while he started to open threads about well known hosts here after his first thread fisco his "reviews" have no value for community.

No I do not expect to get a review by him because I do not expect he is a customer of ours.

• @Spirit said: observe community to see what's abour istead start spam crusade

From the best that I can tell....

This site is about low end providers, also known as economical (cheaper) providers. This includes general discussion about those providers, the hosting market, hosting tips and advise, and of course reviews.

Generally... I don't think I'm missing anything.

• @Corey said: No I do not expect to get a review by him because I do not expect he is a customer of ours.

At this time, I am not. (Sorry).

Although I do shop around often and so the future isn't ruled out (I've not looked into your services at this time).

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Socially_Uncensored said: Is that not what this place is also for? No rule saying I can't write a review for all the providers I currently (or recently) have used in the last 7 days (meaning they are current).

What are you going on about? I just suggested you should think about a reviews site, not that you should stop posting them here.

• @Nekki said: What are you going > on about? I just suggested you should think about a reviews site, not that you should > stop posting them here.

I misunderstood you. For that I apologize.

I have a mild interest in these types of sites. Which is to say that I don't think I would be good at managing one into production.

Again, my apology for the misunderstanding.

• jhjh Member

@Spirit said: About OnePound - I am pretty sure that they are decent provider. At some point it will start to sux to be "reviewed" by this guy.

Yeah they are. My only LEB is with them and the service and support are both fantastic.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

OnePoundWebHosting are just awesome, Stuart runs a great show. Support is awesome, service is awesome, not much more you can ask for. :-)

• ATHKATHK Member

@onepound said: perhaps try a Xen VPS soon.

You don't want to do that, after the recent outburst towards CVPS, it seems OP has no understanding of *nix systems and is abusive.

I would steer clear of offering him anything than webhosting he can't fudge that up ... or can he .. haha

• @Damian That is a hell of a fishy song :P