Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode RAM Upgrades!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode RAM Upgrades!

nickvanwnickvanw Member
edited April 2013 in General

http://blog.linode.com/2013/04/09/linode-nextgen-ram-upgrade/

Between the CPU/BW and RAM upgrades, they're looking a bit more competitive now -- especially with the "amazing" support and service people say they offer.

Comments

• So they finally updated their overloaded hardware?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Finally. Primary reason I've never used them for a serious project in the past.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Price is increased by $0.05, I am disappointed >_>

• Me too.I cannot afford the price increase .I will have to move ;)

• LeeLee Veteran

That extra $0.05 on the package price is paying for it all ;)

• Finally, it's profitable to load a VZ kernel on a linode and run a VPS company.

• Linode 40G     40 GB   960 GB  20 TB   8 cores (40x priority)  $800 / mo

Seems legit.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Shigawire said: Seems legit.

Not really. You can get your own machine for less than that.

• Great idea :)

• I think it would be great to still have one of those 512MB Linodes for like 10 bucks a month or something...that would make it really sweet but I guess that is just not the market Linode is interested in.

• @zhuanyi Their business model won't go below 20/mo

• Back to DigitalOcean !

• AmitzAmitz Member

The serverbear benchmarks for Linode do not look very special or sparkle in the dark...

• @bdtech said: @zhuanyi Their business model won't go below 20/mo

Although I wish they do...20 bucks is just too much to be thrown to some outdated hardware...even with a really cool control panel and outstanding support (until you are DDOSed....)

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

What's the deal with the "*x priority" thing?

• I've got an account just sitting around with like $20 or $40 affiliate credit, was waiting for this before I spun anything up

• @bdtech said: @zhuanyi Their business model won't go below 20/mo

Thankfully.

• @zhuanyi outdated hardware?? Not anymore
    http://blog.linode.com/

• @zhuanyi said: Although I wish they do...20 bucks is just too much to be thrown to some outdated hardware...even with a really cool control panel and outstanding support (until you are DDOSed....)

I even proposed that a year back, but caker said that just wasn't their market :) Fair enough.

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited April 2013

whatever it is they are providing a very good service compared to some other companies (within same price range) and with the latest upgrades they didn't let us down. Thanks linode

But still as someone suggested, it was nice to have 512 with 10 $ / month

• Nice to see the big boys joining the race to the lowest price!

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Nice to see the big boys joining the race to the lowest price!

They aren't...

• @sleddog said:

They aren't...

They definitely aren't. However, they are now about as expensive as some LEB providers here with their KVM offers (or even cheaper) at the full retail price. So they're definitely competitive again.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited April 2013

@mpkossen said: They definitely aren't. However, they are now about as expensive as some LEB providers here with their KVM offers (or even cheaper) at the full retail price. So they're definitely competitive again.

This is what i meant. I was talking about cheap/realistic offers, not cheap/LEB offers :P

• I know a lot of ppl bash Linode but let's face the fact, they have features a lot of other VPS companies don't have. Or they have it but it's just not that easy to use. Case in point, private networking. I've researched for many months to find a provider who can offer this. Many have said they can offer it but it isn't something that you can "control" without having the provider get involved. For someone who runs a high traffic site, the transparency to do a lot of the things Linode offers via their control panel is priceless.

With that said, unfortunately I will be moving off Linode before the end of the month. Why? I can't afford to pay what they're asking. Until my SaaS app takes off and generates money, I'm sticking to LEB. Luckily I found a provider who offers private networking. Bottom line, people love to Bash Linode but honestly, who else would you go with considering the features they're offering. I know it's not for everyone but I'll go with Linode before I head over to AWS.

• alegeekalegeek Member
    edited April 2013

I still had some credit available from their $100 give away, so fired up a 1GB instance today and moved my busy site over.

It's faster than ever before, access to 8 cores and 1GB memory - nginx + php-fpm is flying!

• @sdotsen said: With that said, unfortunately I will be moving off Linode before the end of the month. Why? I can't afford to pay what they're asking. Until my SaaS app takes off and generates money, I'm sticking to LEB. Luckily I found a provider who offers private networking. Bottom line, people love to Bash Linode but honestly, who else would you go with considering the features they're offering. I know it's not for everyone but I'll go with Linode before I head over to AWS.

Not bashing but I think BuyVM offers private networking since a long time ago.

• KrisKris Member

@zhuanyi said: Not bashing but I think BuyVM offers private networking since a long time ago.

Yup - they do, both locations.

Made having a backup box in the same location quite easy. That backup box rsynced off-network. Saved a lot of bandwidth.

• I am just happy
    And waiting for the [email protected]

• sonicsonic Veteran

Someone please lists LEB providers that support private networking :D (BuyVM, i know, dont need to mention again :p)