Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
SolusVM KVM vps's is loosing internet connection
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

SolusVM KVM vps's is loosing internet connection

Hi Guys,

I've been experiencing a bad day today because of solusvm support,

They don't want to give any help to us and making alot of troubles because we need an assist with our issue!

Currently 2 of our vps's has a network issue because of changing the nic cards from intel pro 1000 to virtio!

Now we have changed it again back but no internet connection for the 2 KVM vps's we have with our Kansas city,

I've tried all possible ways even the tutorial they gave us within the ticket but nothing happened .

https://esuareznotes.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/change-default-network-name-to-old-eth0-on-rhel-7-fedora-19-above/

Any help guys!

I think it's a mistake to use centos 7 with solusvm now.

Comments

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider
    edited November 2017

    I've used SolusVM / KVM on CentOS 7 for a while now without any issues, haven't had any issues with networking on it. All of my OS templates that are recent versions are built by me though, so it could be something with the templates you're using. I haven't messed around with changing the network drivers, everything is virtio by default.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • @MikeA said:
    I've used SolusVM / KVM on CentOS 7 for a while now without any issues, haven't had any issues with networking on it. All of my OS templates that are recent versions are built by me though, so it could be something with the templates you're using. I haven't messed around with changing the network drivers, everything is virtio by default.

    I'm using solusvm with centos 7 since 3 months and everything is great now!

    Only today we have an issues because of changing the nic cards !

    I'm sure we haven't done any thing wrong from our side, But solusvm staff just telling me to create a new vm!

    I've created a new vm with centos 7 and the issue still exist ! But the vm's is working great with the other OS like centos 6.7 .

  • x3hostx3host Banned
    edited November 2017

    @MikePT said:
    Is it windows VPS?

    One with windows and the other one with Centos 7

    both are working inside the VNC but the issue is still exist with the network connection.

    The other client's VM's are working great without no issues.

  • @x3host said:

    @MikePT said:
    Is it windows VPS?

    One with windows and the other one with Centos 7

    both are working inside the VNC but the issue is still exist with the network connection.

    The other client's VM's are working great without no issues.

    Try changing the virtual MAC address.

  • SolusVM is a known bug that runs on CentOS, the fix is migrating to virtualizor. :)

    can you give a bit more info though?

    can you ping the vps from the host node?

    have you removed 70-persistent-net.rules and rebooted?

    when you followed the tutorial did you actually see the nic change back to eth0?

    Have you tried clicking the reconfigure network button?

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

  • zafouharzafouhar Member
    edited November 2017

    I've had the same issues with the Virtio NIC card, SolusVM Support could never identify the issue so I just gave up and use the Intel Pro Nic card.

    You'll notice that SolusVM support are pretty much useless in anycase, well most of them - there's a very few exceptions.

  • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

    So when you applied the virtio drivers to the Windows VPS, did you load the virtio drivers before? You can load those while running and install the virtio drivers.

    As for the CentOS 7, could you provide more information? CentOS 7 should support virtio just fine out of the box.
    Did you see the arp logs? Any request there?

  • @AnthonySmith said:
    SolusVM is a known bug that runs on CentOS, the fix is migrating to virtualizor. :)

    can you give a bit more info though?

    can you ping the vps from the host node?

    have you removed 70-persistent-net.rules and rebooted?

    when you followed the tutorial did you actually see the nic change back to eth0?

    Have you tried clicking the reconfigure network button?

    I clicked on the re-configure button many times once i changed the nic card option.

    By the way , Regarding this point

    have you removed 70-persistent-net.rules and rebooted?

    Do you mean removing it inside the vm or the main node?

  • x3host said: Do you mean removing it inside the vm or the main node?

    the vm

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

  • @MikePT said:
    So when you applied the virtio drivers to the Windows VPS, did you load the virtio drivers before? You can load those while running and install the virtio drivers.

    As for the CentOS 7, could you provide more information? CentOS 7 should support virtio just fine out of the box.
    Did you see the arp logs? Any request there?

    I've changed it before to virtio with the windows vm also with the centos one

    Both now are loosing the internet connection! I've tried all the possible ways to revert them back to use intel pro 1000 but nothing changed , I clicked on the reconfigure and nothing happen, Also contact the solusvm staff they tried to fix it by creating a new vm with centos 6.7 OS It worked but not with the centos 7. Centos 7 OS was working until today now i don't know what is happened.

  • x3hostx3host Banned
    edited November 2017

    @zafouhar said:
    I've had the same issues with the Virtio NIC card, SolusVM Support could never identify the issue so I just gave up and use the Intel Pro Nic card.

    You'll notice that SolusVM support are pretty much useless in anycase, well most of them - there's a very few exceptions.

    They are always upset and sad when i request a support from them!

  • @AnthonySmith said:

    x3host said: Do you mean removing it inside the vm or the main node?

    the vm

    I've not removed anything!

    I just changed the NIC Card , I always do this without any issues!

  • x3host said: I've not removed anything!

    try it.

    Thanked by 1x3host

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

  • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

    @AnthonySmith said:

    x3host said: I've not removed anything!

    try it.

    Follow AnthonySmith's advice.

    Plus if you don't have virto in the Windows image, it won't work.

    Also try to shutdown the VPS then hit reconfigure.

    Thanked by 1x3host
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    SolusVM is a known bug that runs on CentOS, the fix is migrating to virtualizor. :)

    can you give a bit more info though?

    can you ping the vps from the host node?

    have you removed 70-persistent-net.rules and rebooted?

    when you followed the tutorial did you actually see the nic change back to eth0?

    Have you tried clicking the reconfigure network button?

    It definitely “reconfigures” the networking on a server. It’s killed networking on my KVMs several times now :(

  • x3hostx3host Banned
    edited November 2017

    @doghouch said:

    @AnthonySmith said:
    SolusVM is a known bug that runs on CentOS, the fix is migrating to virtualizor. :)

    can you give a bit more info though?

    can you ping the vps from the host node?

    have you removed 70-persistent-net.rules and rebooted?

    when you followed the tutorial did you actually see the nic change back to eth0?

    Have you tried clicking the reconfigure network button?

    It definitely “reconfigures” the networking on a server. It’s killed networking on my KVMs several times now :(

    This is going to worse , It's time to stop using solusVM, Believe me Virtualzor is better.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
    edited November 2017

    x3host said: This is going to worse , It's time to stop using solusVM, Believe me Virtualzor is better.

    Like I said:

    AnthonySmith said: SolusVM is a known bug that runs on CentOS, the fix is migrating to virtualizor. :)

    :)

    Thanked by 1x3host

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

Sign In or Register to comment.