Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GamingLayer Control Panel Beta Invitation - The All-In-One CP *NEW*
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GamingLayer Control Panel Beta Invitation - The All-In-One CP *NEW*

CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
edited November 2017 in General

Hi all,

The past couple months we have been working on our very own gameserver control panel. We aim to provide an easy and satisfying experience for the client or your customer, as we will be opening up licensing at the start of next year. This means you will be able to use the control panel for your own company, whilst only paying us a fraction of what you'd pay for TCAdmin or any other competitor.

The control panel not only allows your clients to manage their service you have with them, but thanks to the included Support and Billing functionality, you can drop software such as WHMCS and use a single platform for your customers.

A video demonstration the control panel's management functionality: https://tinyurl.com/y98bj5e5

A (not full) list of features:

Management

• Server process management ( starting / stopping / restarting )

• Fully integrated file manager and editor

• View how much RAM, CPU and disk the service is using in real-time

• Integrated FTP server which considers file disk limits set and white listed file types. Includes logs of who logged in from what address and what files were modified.

• Mod Manager, allows the client to install pre-configured packages for their service.

• Spigot plugin integration for Minecraft servers. Allows the client to search through a library of over 10,000 plugins and install them straight from the control panel.

• Statistics, records the amount of disk, current / max players, CPU and RAM and displays it attractively to the user

• Subuser, allows the client to grant other users access to his or her service

• Live console, stream console logs straight from the server to the client's browser. Also allows clients to send commands.

• Config editor, automatically disects config files and allows the client to edit the config values without ever editing the config file through the file manager. This allows less computer-savy to fully configure the service to their liking

• Many applications supported. Currently supported: Minecraft, Mount & Blade: Warband, Holdfast: Nations at War, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Rust, Team Fortress 2, Arma 2 & 3, Garry's Mod, TeamSpeak 3

• Windows AND Linux support

• Custom DNS hostnames, this allows the client to set custom DNS hostnames such as myserver.gaminglayer.us which eliminates the need for the client to connect to their service with IP + PORT

And much more...

Support

• Ticket system with advanced search functionality and a step by step ticket creator to make sure the client gives you as much information to make sure it easy for the support operator to help.

Billing

• Easy down/upgrading of existing packages

• Create new products within minutes

• Discount codes

• Customisable rental period discounts ( 2 months = 5%, 3 months = 10% etc. )

• Export list payments to .csv

• Donation system, so the client can have friends or clanmates help pay the server bills

• Credit system

• PayPal, iDeal, Bitcoin, Credit Card and more

Client

• Full user management system, including signing in and registering.
  • Password forgotten functionality

Mobile app

The mobile app is included with the control panel. It allows your clients to easily manage their servers on the go.

For more in-depth details, please read the thread we made a couple months ago: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/119549/new-all-in-one-gameserver-control-panel/p1

The beta

We will launch our beta program soon, which gives you a free gameserver of your choice and access to our new control panel. If you find any bugs, report it to and get some free additional service time with us.

How to sign up

Send me a PM here on LowendTalk or an e-mail at [email protected]

Any feedback and discussion is appreciated.

Comments

• Looking good there! Good job ;) Im deploying gameservers with LGSM (Linux Game Setver Management by Gibbs) atm via Cli but I might do a front end panel for it, too :P

Thanked by 2MasonR CConner
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Ympker said: Looking good there! Good job ;) Im deploying gameservers with LGSM (Linux Game Setver Management by Gibbs) atm via Cli but I might do a front end panel for it, too :P

I could just hook you up with this control panel and save you all the trouble :P

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Definitely interested. Tcadmin never appealed to me due to it's costs so like @Ympker, I've been using lgsm as well. Tried to use pterodactyl for a bit but it was a pain.

@CConner, I emailed you last time around about the beta. Should I email you again just in case? Also, is there currently a way to enforce cpu/ram limits?

Thanked by 2Ympker CConner
  • I currently run a game server array of about 30+ servers. I solely use OpenGamePanel at the moment and that has worked so well so far in fairness.

TCadmin has appealed to me before as well, however, as i have multiple locations a license for each remote machine will cost me a fortune.

I have also tried the pterodactyl panel which is free, that works extremely well.

I'll be interested in giving this a whirl!

Thanked by 2CConner Ympker

MasonR said: @CConner, I emailed you last time around about the beta. Should I email you again just in case? Also, is there currently a way to enforce cpu/ram limits?

I still have you on the list. The reason why you haven't heard anything back is because the control panel took a bit longer to make then we expected, mostly because I had to rewrite large parts of it up to 3 times to make sure it worked exactly like I wanted. The total amount of code in this control panel is about 90,000 lines.

I am planning on implementing such a limit. It is possible to introduce a hard limit, however on gameservers really do not like that, as sometimes it needs a bit more processing power for a small amount of time. If it does not get what it needs, it will result in a game-wide freeze. What I am going to do is introduce a soft limit, which shuts down a server if uses more than X amount of CPU and/or X amount of RAM. Is this what you need?

Thanked by 1MasonR

unknownbullet said: I currently run a game server array of about 30+ servers. I solely use OpenGamePanel at the moment and that has worked so well so far in fairness.

TCadmin has appealed to me before as well, however, as i have multiple locations a license for each remote machine will cost me a fortune.

I have also tried the pterodactyl panel which is free, that works extremely well.

I'll be interested in giving this a whirl!

Thank you for showing your interest!

We will not be charging per physical server, but will be charging per gameserver. We want to do so in order to make the control panel accessible and affordable for everyone, so you can have multiple smaller machines but still pay the same as you would if you had 1 big machine. We are thinking of 0.30 - 0.40$ /server. Do you think that is a fair price?

edited November 2017

I forgot to mention that we also have a mobile app. Some nice pics:

• @CConner Your images are broken for me :(

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@CConner said: Is this what you need?

Didn't think about a hard limit causing issues with the game server. I think the approach you outlined is a good one and probably preferred over hard limits.

Thanked by 1CConner

doghouch said: @CConner Your images are broken for me :(

Oopsie. Should be fixed now.

MasonR said: Didn't think about a hard limit causing issues with the game server. I think the approach you outlined is a good one and probably preferred over hard limits.

Alright, cool. Put it on my to-do list.

Thanked by 1MasonR

Have received quite a few applications. Please note that the amount of participants is limited.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

so one question if this replaces whmcs as well shouldn't it have anti fraud prevention/detection/protection too? because while you hope no one tries to chargeback against you,etc it happens anyway and is why it would be better if you want to replace whmcs for billing as well to be on par with whmcs as a billing solution as well hence the anti fraud protection missing. just saying something that would be likely needed.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I'm interested as well :-).

edited November 2017

@cubedata said:
    so one question if this replaces whmcs as well shouldn't it have anti fraud prevention/detection/protection too? because while you hope no one tries to chargeback against you,etc it happens anyway and is why it would be better if you want to replace whmcs for billing as well to be on par with whmcs as a billing solution as well hence the anti fraud protection missing. just saying something that would be likely needed.

Thank you for your question.

Whenever a user charges back the system will automatically suspend both the server and the account. Prevention is obviously better than fixing it after it happens, so we are looking at implementing the MaxMind risk scoring system which can forces orders below a certain score to be manually checked. It's pretty much the same system WHMCS uses.

@MikePT said:
    I'm interested as well :-).

Thank you for your interest! If you want to partake in the beta, shoot me a pm.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Looks great! I'd love to give it a try

edited November 2017

@rivermigue said:
    Looks great! I'd love to give it a try

Great to hear. If you wish to participate in the beta, shoot me a PM if you haven't already.

Thanks for all the interest! I will answering everyone who sent me applications in a bit.

I've replied to everyone that has sent me e-mails and PM's. I need a couple more and then we should be good to go.

• PM'd.

Implemented an auto-restart function.

• I never get answer

• I got answer, but never got the access.

• Does it support Custom Windows Application?
    Say, I want WTServer, Xampp and a CMD file to be running.

• Are you still doing this? I'm interested in signing up!

@Secured said:
    Does it support Custom Windows Application?
    Say, I want WTServer, Xampp and a CMD file to be running.

Yes, it does. The non-customised process handler should support those applications without a problem. If you need it to work a bit differently, you can customise how the control panel handles your server.

@Edmond said:
    Are you still doing this? I'm interested in signing up!

Yep! I am. Feel free to send me a PM.

edited November 2017

@dedicados said:
    I never get answer

You should have an answer now. Your message must have slipped past me.

@stefeman as stated in my response; you will recieve your key in the coming weeks.

• Thank you for your question.

Whenever a user charges back the system will automatically suspend both the server and the account. Prevention is obviously better than fixing it after it happens, so we are looking at implementing the MaxMind risk scoring system which can forces orders below a certain score to be manually checked. It's pretty much the same system WHMCS uses.

You can consider the FraudLabs Pro fraud screening API. It has blacklisting features that can blacklist users and share it with other providers.