Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicago, Buffalo, or Los Angeles? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicago, Buffalo, or Los Angeles?

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Kris,

Nope, never worked at Lowes my entire life. I have a Bachelors and Masters in Business, so I think I'm two up on you there. Not really sure were you are going with this one, but like Mike said earlier, just keep talking yourself into a corner and looking dumb.

Its a good look on you.

• KrisKris Member
    edited April 2013

@CVPS_Chris said: I have a Bachelors and Masters in Business, so I think I'm two up on you there.

I highly doubt this, but regardless of your degress - you know nothing about computers. You've shown it time and time again. Stop making this personal you spoiled little kid, as I haven't tried.

This is about Buffalo's "Premium" network, no need to make things personal - that's something a spoiled little kid from a big house on a cul-de-sac in the same neighborhood Jon grew up in would say.

PS: Good call on selling that house after the housing crisis, surprised how much Jean got for it.

@Kris,

Congratulations, you grew up as a social outcast and vent yourself over the internet since its all you can do. This is the most time I have spent on here the past 5 months, and plan to keep a small presence, so this is my last response.

What my parents do, has nothing to do with anything. Fact of the matter is, I am smarter than you, and will always be more successful. I never grew up in the same neighborhood as Jon, in fact, he grew up in a MUCH different lifestyle than I did, and good for him making it to where he is today.

Only poor kids that have no sense call other people spoiled. My father worked pretty damn hard to make it where he did, so no one can fault him for that. So I, a goal oriented person such as myself, will follow in his footsteps and make my life just as good or better than his. When you move out of your little hole in the wall apartment, get a real job, then we can talk.

Goodluck with school, maybe they can try and teach you something once you learn that you are not always right.

Regards

Chris

winning

• KrisKris Member

@CVPS_Chris said: Congratulations, you grew up as a social outcast and vent yourself over the internet since its all you can do. This is the most time I have spent on here the past 5 months, and plan to keep a small presence, so this is my last response.

I work on the internet. So I guess all system administrators who call out ColoCrossing on their "optimized" routing is a social outcast. It's been a pleasurable five months, no one has missed you.

You run a front company and pretend to work on the internet.

Venting is calling out a provider on an over-sold network.

Social outcast = starting a little fight and making things personal on the internet because you're:
    a) uneducated
    b) did work at Lowes, as an "Associate" aka stockboy
    c) sticking up for your front / master company.

Piss off kid, no one thinks your winning since you couldn't even keep up with Prometeus with your big overselling game. You have over-sold, slow performing servers that reboot every other day. Oh and how was that data loss / hack handled? Can't wait till Jeremiah can tell us the truth :)

Failing

• KrisKris Member
    edited April 2013

@CVPS_Chris said: When you move out of your little hole in the wall apartment, get a real job, then we can talk.

I'm self-employed full time working remotely, and own my own apartment. You meanwhile reside with your parents as of early 2012.

You're really not too smart, from the fact you went from high school -> Lowes, as a stockboy. Everyone knows it.

Hell, many got the LinkedIn email, since many fell for your servers at one point.

No need to hide it. Just shut your face, sit in the corner with your name on the papers, and let Kevin handle PR.

edited April 2013

@Kris,

Since you brought it up again, ****When did I work at Lowes?****,

Second I just proved I have a higher education than you

Where is the front? Are my filed taxes fake? Jeremiah was the reason it happened. I put my trust in the wrong person. I dont think he will be showing his face around here.

Call out ColoCrossing all you want, it wont change anything. It doesnt change the fact that I have seen no issues, IPX has seen no issues, UG has seen no issues. Thats all I pointed out.

ChicagoVPS is larger than any provider on here ( Minus Burst ). What does Prometeus have to do with anything?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: IPX has seen no issues,

Didn't they just have a power outage today? As did multiple other people a couple months back? Trust me, don't say "it didn't happen", I got sent the flippin' RFO by Jon and I wasn't even hit by it.

@CVPS_Chris said: UG has seen no issues.

Yes they did. There was known ATL issues with a bad router/switch that Jon/CC admitted to at one point. Hell, even Kevin said so himself when someone mentioned ATL being blippy for the better part of a week.

Higher education means little. I'm a college drop out yet I still run an very successful brand & development countless systems that hosts are still trying to copy or bug solusvm to integrate.

Francisco

• KrisKris Member

@CVPS_Chris said: ChicagoVPS is larger than any provider on here ( Minus Burst ). What does Prometeus have to do with anything?

Your large 'winning' signature as if you're special, in anyway.

Also, sorry, I didn't exactly screenshot your profile at LinkedIn, just found it odd that an "associate" at Lowes moved to web-hosting, it was an odd jump, which is why I remembered it. You looked 22-25 at most, I didn't think a double masters and a Lowes job was possible.

Again, sorry - I don't have your old LinkedIn profile. I didn't accept the request. Just had a look.

Saying you have two degrees doesn't prove much, nor does it quite prove your education level. Anyone with an hour of reading your comments would probably be a little skeptical as well.

I may be dumber than the poor saps who have been suckered in to 24 month LTOs, but when I get reports of network issues, network wide, having to do with slow page loading speeds / getting reports directly from GTMetrix about pages taking 8-10 seconds to load... it's the network.

• @CVPS_Chris my IPXcore routing in Buffalo is crap

@Fran,

We are talking about Buffalo and network routing. Non of those issues correspond with either.

• KrisKris Member

@CVPS_Chris said: We are talking about Buffalo and network routing. Non of those issues correspond with either.

Same network switch issues in Buffalo. Same poor network, and same terrible routing.

Texas routing traffic through BroadbandOne for a few days due to a nLayer issue.

Stop trying to pretending it's all brilliant at CC, you're just going to get called out by providers and people like myself who've been affected by it.

• Also @CVPS_Chris what about the odd even routing?

• KrisKris Member

@Spencer said: Also @CVPS_Chris what about the odd even routing?

Or XO popping up mid-network ticket to solve 20 KB/s issues.

Bandwidth carriers popping up (and like Level3) more quality ones disappear at the drop of a hat.

Download paths different than return paths, so it looks like your server is fast, until you try to retrive a file from it, get Cogent and ~ 800 Kbps average.

Should be in a movie, "Every which way but honest"

@Spencer said: @CVPS_Chris my IPXcore routing in Buffalo is crap

Yet you have services through us. Laugh.

@Kris said: just found it odd that an "associate" at Lowes moved to web-hosting, it was an odd jump, which is why I remembered it. You looked 22-25 at most, I didn't think a double masters and a Lowes job was possible.

Actually let me break it down for you. I worked at Kohls, have you never seen someone out of Highschool go to college and work while in College? I sure have.

To recap. While in College, getting my degree, I worked 5 days a week, ran a hosting company, played a very high level of hockey that I did 7 days a week, and still did well in College.

Yes I was still employed at Kohls until just a a few month ago working ONE DAY a month. Why you may ask? To keep my discount, I occasionally shop there, whats the big deal?

Here you are shooting off your mouth with no evidence to support anything.

edited April 2013

@CVPS_Chris said: @Fran,

We are talking about Buffalo and network routing. Non of those issues correspond with either.

You're splitting hairs then. An issue is still an issue :P Trust me, my toes get put to the coals every time I break something.

Buffalo's routing is screwy but I'm pretty sure my routes don't get tinkered with as much since we run our own ASN/ranges there. I know i've seen some very odd routes and I know all of L3 disappeared. Jon informed me of the reasons behind the changes but I'll keep those to myself. I've had many customers of Buffalo based companies paste me their traceroutes and then they ask me why ours are different. Maybe Jon's giving us a bit of a better setup? Probably not.

Don't get me wrong, I get a price that Jon likely makes $5/m off me in profit but would we use the location again? Probably not. It's unlikely we'll be racking much more gear over there either and will instead just shove off some to Europe. It's still stable but a lot of that is because Anthony & I planned out the nodes differently than we have in Vegas.

Francisco

• It wasn't Lowes, it was Kohls. Until earlier this year, according to your LinkedIN.

Stop being an asshole to people and people will like you more.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Yet you have services through us. Laugh.

I actually don't, hence why I cancelled. But good attempt at being a douche. Stand up man we have right here

• KrisKris Member

@CVPS_Chris said: Here you are shooting off your mouth with no evidence to support anything.

Sorry. Stockboy at Kohls. If you really got a degree, good on you! I guess that explains your lack of being able to handle client issues, at least something useful was being done.

My evidence was pretty clear? You did work as a stockboy at Kohls before CVPS, all I claimed - which I seemed was an odd jump.

So sorry I got the name wrong.

• I can't comment on the network, but adding XO . . . no you're not going for a "quality" mix. Quite frankly I'm not sure what you would be going for with XO. Last time I checked their pricing wasn't all that great . . and the network was still, for the most part, hot potato garbage.

• KrisKris Member
    edited April 2013

@Microlinux said: I can't comment on the network, but adding XO . . . no you're not going for a "quality" mix. Quite frankly I'm not sure what you would be going for with XO. Last time I checked their pricing wasn't all that great . . and the network was still, for the most part, hot potato garbage.

It solved the fact their network couldn't push more than .05 Mbps (to their other networks, so no need to point it to another network)

People running from a fire could describe the state of the Buffalo network in terms of quality.

It's a poor quality company, but less than their return path of mostly over-sold Cogent (at least it was last week, it looks like 2 Cogent connections / inbound paths are present now... Maybe they got another Gig line

Level3 is less than 2% of the mix and on par with the amount of data that all of @Francisco nodes push.

I'd stop defending a terrible network when you don't know much about anything when it comes to systems, let alone routing.

@CVPS_Chris said: Call out ColoCrossing all you want, it wont change anything. It doesnt change the fact that I have seen no issues

It's pretty easy not to see any issues when you aren't hands on with the equipment or systems (for the best)

• @CVPS_Chris said: Yet you have services through us. Laugh.

Just because someone has services does not mean they are good or they cannot complain about faults with service.

@Kris said: which I seemed was an odd jump.

Ive been around the industry probably longer than you have, just a different skills than you.

@Kris said: Level3 is less than 2% of the mix and on par with the amount of data that all of @Francisco nodes push.

Pretty sure they just take carrier routes for L3 and then work from there. What I mean by this, is they only take L3 to end nodes that are single homed L3 or they have L3 and the path really is that much better. If they got a really busy link they likely shuffle some to Cog/XO where possible.

At one point they were looking at centurylink but I guess that fell through. Honestly, if HE was available I'd have said to just get that. Far as Jon said, though, there's only a handful of providers in Buffalo and everything else would require a backhaul from Chicago probably.

Francisco

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

@Kris said "Also, the brightest bulbs aren't usually associates at Lowes"

The Lowes crap is totally untrue Kris, get your facts straight. The LinkedIn profile clearly says Kohl's Department Stores May 2007 – January 2013 (5 years 9 months) .

• KrisKris Member

@DomainBop said: The Lowes crap is totally untrue Kris, get your facts straight. The LinkedIn profile clearly says Kohl's Department Stores May 2007 – January 2013 (5 years 9 months) .

I screwed up, sorry for spreading lies :)

Talk about egg on my face.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited April 2013

@Kris said: I'd stop defending a terrible network when you don't know much about anything when it comes to systems, let alone routing.

I have no idea what you are talking about, I'm not defending anyone. If you'd like, I can let you come sit in the hot seat of a telco IP and TDM network for a week and see how well you do . . .

• XO is a national tier 1 with lots of route miles. ColoCrossing continues to add transit providers, Level3, Telia, XO, Cogent, etc. More to come I'm sure.

@Microlinux said: I can't comment on the network, but adding XO . . . no you're not going for a "quality" mix. Quite frankly I'm not sure what you would be going for with XO. Last time I checked their pricing wasn't all that great . . and the network was still, for the most part, hot potato garbage.

• KrisKris Member

@Microlinux said: If you'd like, I can let you come sit in the hot seat of a telco IP network for a week and see how well you do . . .

Probably about just as well as Level 3 support in a VPS company that has all eggs in a basket at ColoCrossing... Flawlessly.

• mikehighendmikehighend Member
    edited April 2013

@Kris said: Probably about just as well as Level 3 support in a VPS company that has all eggs in a basket at ColoCrossing... Flawlessly.

Level 3 support? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• KrisKris Member

@mikehighend said: Level 3 support? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Well I had a switch-port issue correct for a week when ColoCrossing network admins sat with their thumbs firmly up their asses as I sent in traceroutes, MTRs showing packet loss and more.

It took an email to Jon to threaten no more servers for it to be checked. Turned out to be a "switch line uplink" issue.

So if I'm not Level 3, Network Admins at ColoCrossing must be on par with my ballsack.