Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mxroute outbound offline?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mxroute outbound offline?

Hey guys,

Has anybody else been experiencing issues with Mxroute outbound emails in their London location? It says successful sent and all but never received on the other side.

Thanks.

Comments

• What does its tech.support say?

• @Master_Bo said:
    What does its tech.support say?

Awaiting response, their uptime page said they had issues a few days ago with outbound but they claim that it was resolved so not sure. Just seeing if it's just me or not by posting here.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

one node has issues as per cess pit messages

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Master_Bo said: What does its tech.support say?

That it can be yours for only $15,000USD

• @6ixth said:
    Hey guys,

Has anybody else been experiencing issues with Mxroute outbound emails in their London location? It says successful sent and all but never received on the other side.

Thanks.

Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk. Your call is important to us, please wait while i attempt to connect you to an agent...

Your patience is appreciated, unfortunately all agents are currently busy, you will be forwarded to our voice mail box and one of our agents will attempt to call you back as soon as possible.

• @zafouhar said:

@6ixth said:
    Hey guys,

Thanks.

Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk. Your call is important to us, please wait while i attempt to connect you to an agent...

Your patience is appreciated, unfortunately all agents are currently busy, you will be forwarded to our voice mail box and one of our agents will attempt to call you back as soon as possible.

It's called asking if anybody else is experiencing the same issues or if it is related just to me as Mxroute support is known to sometimes take days on replies. No need to be an asshole about it pal.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • @SplitIce said:

Master_Bo said: What does its tech.support say?

That it can be yours for only $15,000USD

0% VAT though...

• Same here. I'm on the ghost server. Contacted @jarland via PM, awaiting reply.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2017

If you look at that SMTP connection latency graph here, it's actually all that I get to show an outage half of the time:

https://status.mailchannels.net

Meaning that mailchannels neither recognizes nor acknowledges an inability to connect to their servers on most problems, and that usually correlates.

Just know that if your tickets don't get replies quickly on this, doesn't mean not being investigated or resolved, and will communicate anything I know via reply or status page as soon as I can. Outbound email is working right now so I can check that part off the list.

Thanked by 2klikli Wolveix
  • I'm on the Ghost server. I was having outbound SMTP errors earlier, now all of my outbound emails are just marked as "In Progress" without going anywhere :/ I've submitted a support ticket, so I'm hoping that Jarland can get back to me soon haha.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

That's what you get for relying on a third-party service for mail. Just run your own.

Had this posted:

https://mxstatus.co/incident/37

@rm_ said:
    That's what you get for relying on a third-party service for mail. Just run your own.

You now have 30 support tickets about Microsoft black-holing your emails after claiming to receive them for delivery. Also Verizon is blocking your emails to residential ISP customers who use their ISP email, stating your IPs are dynamic, and won't talk to you. While investigating this, 6 more tickets came in. What do?

Host your own email that's fine, but there are good reasons for third party services. There is no one size fits all solution for everyone.

• @jarland said:
    Had this posted:

https://mxstatus.co/incident/37

>

I appreciate your efforts during the holidays. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Thanked by 1jar
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

jarland said: What do?

Close down and refund people. :)

Thanked by 2jar sin
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited November 2017

Seems to be mailchannels issue

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • RazzaRazza Member
    edited November 2017

vovler said: Seems to be mailchannels issue

It must be a MailChannels issue, I've just sent from a other email account I got access to not hosted at Mxroute which also uses MailChannels too sent to my Gmail and Hotmail address both undelivered.

Edit

Just got the 2 email I sent relayed via MailChannels the one sent to Gmail delay by 9 mins, Hotmail 11 mins normally its under min delay.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • I'm glad it's not just me with problems on Ghost then haha. Hopefully everything is resolved soon :)

Should all be resolved. This was a really weird one. Apparently spikes in latency to mailchannels this morning, as noted on their status page, caused a bunch of failures in exim on several servers. If I understand correctly what happened here, the exim hints database had listed mailchannels as having failed too many times and immediately returned attempts to relay to smtp.mailchannels.net as failed.

So the solution to preventing this will be monitoring for this type of behavior and automating a cleaning of the exim hints database, I suppose.

Honestly never had this happen before.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • I trust papa @jarland with these type of things. He knows best, you guys should also follow this way instead of questioning, bunch of hipsters.

edited November 2017

@Hxxx said:
    I trust papa @jarland with these type of things. He knows best, you guys should also follow this way instead of questioning, bunch of hipsters.

:P

Anyone on the One server right now feels like a red headed stepchild. Multiple problems in a row that are entirely unrelated to each other. Possibly still more to come while working toward the resolution for one of them.

So if you're doing high volume email hosting on a cPanel server, two good lessons for this week:

1. Don't use cphulkd. Yes it's better than CSF for most people, especially those that don't know how to configure CSF. Yes it's better than it was a year ago. No it's not good with high traffic. Yes dovecot auth attempts will fail if cphulkd can't handle the load.

2. Learn what exim_tinydb does before you need to.

Thanked by 3Hxxx bugrakoc vovler
  • @jarland said:

Ya know, SES already works with Postfix..

@WSS said:

@jarland said:

I know, but they don't guarantee delivery despite IP reputation.

• @jarland said:

@WSS said:

@jarland said:

I know, but they don't guarantee delivery despite IP reputation.

What else would we expect from elJefe?

Really, I hope you manage to get out from under this mess. I haven't had to deal with CPanel in nearly a decade, and I highly doubt it's gotten better.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland owns the current customers a good BF deal, lower than $7/year, $1/year, maybe?

• @vovler said:
    @jarland owns the current customers a good BF deal, lower than $7/year, $1/year, maybe?

You're just trying to make him quit. Who're you working for? MailChannels? MailCheap? ...MXRoute?

Thanked by 1jar
  • @WSS said:

@vovler said:
    @jarland owns the current customers a good BF deal, lower than $7/year, $1/year, maybe?

You're just trying to make him quit. Who're you working for? MailChannels? MailCheap? ...MXRoute?

Who knows... wink wink

WSS said: I haven't had to deal with CPanel in nearly a decade, and I highly doubt it's gotten better.

It really has, but it hasn't made the kind of evolutionary leap that Plesk has with Onyx. It's been very gradual and solid iterations over time, as opposed to just reinventing the wheel. There's value to both, I'd guess their approach is better given the volume and type of corporate customers they have, admittedly.

Thanked by 2WSS Wolveix

@rm_ said:

jarland said: What do?

Close down and refund people. :)

There have been days where the thought, regardless of whether I would entertain it, has entered my mind. The first was that day I discovered that I couldn't impact Microsoft, Verizon, or AT&T all at once. In my mind, no sane person cared about the second two. How many people are seriously using their ISP provided email? Realistically almost no one is ever going to run into it, notice it, or care about it.

Perhaps my downfall, what either made it grow or simply shrunk it's profit margins forever, was taking less than 10 tickets as priority #1 and going all in on making sure it was fixed. Since I couldn't, had to outsource. It may sound like "oh yeah he cares about every customer" but really my pride was tied to this idea that I could get email where it needed to go consistently.

Some days though, I have said to myself and whoever is standing near me at the time, that if I can't fix this next problem I'm in debt for years because I can't accept the problem and refuse to be the type to not refund people for time paid but not given. Not actually going to happen because the refunds would be half of what I owe on my house, so just means work harder ;)

Thanked by 2southy Squyd
  • @jarland I’m not a customer of yours but if I would need what you provide I would most certainly be. Keep up the good work!

Thanked by 1jar