Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a paypal history ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

a paypal history !

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

MikePT said: They now cover intangible items, so that risk thing shouldn't be valid for you. I'd insist with them, call them every hour, or get your lawyer to email them or send a registered letter.

PayPal has right, as per the contract, to limit the account, which they did, and they have grounds. Pattern fits their fraud pattern, they blocked it, probably automatically.

@cociu has a right to move to a different provider if he doesn't like it, but we tried it with PayPal and they dragged us through all sorts of different reserves through almost entire 2014, shy of 3 weeks.

This is the very risk of doing business with China @AnthonySmith talks about. In this case, it's materialised.

Yeah indeed, that's right, but they still profit a lot with customers like @cociu. As I said, the portuguese representatives are just awesome, we never had a single issue with them tbh. We do not have a high volume of transactions though.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited November 2017

Sounds to me like you are getting enough new business from a location they do not like (chargebacks) such as China, you have started to get said chargebacks and they limit your account as a result. Had it happen to me in the past after years of no issues.

• Lee said: Sounds to me like you are getting enough new business from a location they do not like (chargebacks) such as China, you have started to get said chargebacks and they limit your account as a result. Had it happen to me in the past after years of no issues.

yes all chargeback was from china guys , but is easy if you want to solve the problem , block only china money and let the others. Also if you see a user is make more than 10-20-30-etc chargeback block the user not the business with many years of history. just my 2 cents

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@cociu it's not personal, that's all about a risk profile. We had similar with HSBC, in this case, they did not limit us, but we had to introduce 3D Secure so that liability is passed to the issuing bank.

• cociucociu Member
    edited November 2017

Clouvider said: @cociu it's not personal, that's all about a risk profile. We had similar with HSBC, in this case, they did not limit us, but we had to introduce 3D Secure so that liability is passed to the issuing bank.

personal with me no , but personal with 3rd country i am preatty sure , sorry maybe i am wrong. But like Mike tell before , in portugal the call center is verry helpfull , maybe in uk the same , in spain is excelent , now i have call for my romainan account ... pfffffffff different storry. And beleve me i have call to spain to resolve this isssue and the guys from there is tell me i need to call to the number what is posted in my account (wich is dedicated to this part of world) so yes have different treatment.

but any way , i repeat for me is zero importance , i am still amusing and i like to share with the comunity. so go to hell paypal .

Thanked by 1aeba

cociu said: personal with me no , but personal with 3rd country i am preatty sure , sorry maybe i am wrong. But like Mike tell before , in portugal the call center is verry helpfull , maybe in uk the same , in spain is excelent , now i have call for my romainan account ... pfffffffff different storry. And beleve me i have call to spain to resolve this isssue and the guys from there is tell me i need to call to the number what is posted in my account (wich is dedicated to this part of world) so yes have different treatment.

That's for sure true, same happens with OVH.

• MikePT said: That's for sure true, same happens with OVH.

also i pay fees 2 x more than spain for exemple. What is the explication is not the same dollar ? or the same business model ? MORE is pay less salary to the people who work in this part of world so less cost. So what is the explication for the doble fees compared with spain if paypal have here less cost ?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • LeeLee Veteran

cociu said: if you see a user is make more than 10-20-30-etc chargeback block the user not the business with many years of history

That's not how it works.

Clouvider said: all about a risk profile

That is how it works, China is a problem country in finance, especially virtual services. Like it or not fraud is rife, so blocking the user is a given, they keep coming back though.

The answer? Cut them off at the source, that is you, the business that is accepting them or limit your account to ensure there is always sufficient funds for you to pay it, not Paypal.

It's the price you pay for what you offer and more importantly, the segment that is buying from you that PayPal know is problematic.

• Three chargebacks, two unsuccessful, one successful - resulting in account blocked, all money taken. Paypal's actions don't seem justified to me.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Janevski said:
    Three chargebacks, two unsuccessful, one successful - resulting in account blocked, all money taken. Paypal's actions don't seem justified to me.

Paypal monitors everything in your account, it's not just the 3 attempted chargebacks, they look at where they are coming from and the business that you are doing from the same region and take the view that if you have had x chargebacks out of x transactions then more are likely to follow.

There is no way around it other than to accept it, work with them and get the limiter reduced or removed over time, get more chargebacks though and it won't happen.

The alternative is leave them but your never going to get far without supporting PayPal.

@Janevski said:
    Three chargebacks, two unsuccessful, one successful - resulting in account blocked, all money taken. Paypal's actions don't seem justified to me.

Ain't nothing taken. Just 30 days rolling reserve applied so they can cover CBs as the CB ratio grows.

Thanked by 2Lee Janevski

@cociu said:

MikePT said: That's for sure true, same happens with OVH.

also i pay fees 2 x more than spain for exemple. What is the explication is not the same dollar ? or the same business model ? MORE is pay less salary to the people who work in this part of world so less cost. So what is the explication for the doble fees compared with spain if paypal have here less cost ?

We pay huge fees as well.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

we decided to block all Chinese people & other high risk countries due to this chargeback issue as the final straw for us was when a Chinese person recently bought a owned license from us and then would you believe it charge backed aka not with paypal where it could have been resolved more easier but directly with their bank so now we are out of $100 + $20 chargeback fee from paypal so yes we have gotten way more strict like @AnthonySmith did and we completely understand the issues & struggle dealing with this and is why we will no longer accept anyone from China or other high risk countries anymore.

• If China is so risky, why paypal deals with it? Why no block like in india or turkey?

@WHT said:
    If China is so risky, why paypal deals with it? Why no block like in india or turkey?

India and a Turkey are their local gov blocks IIRC.

Believe it or not, but PayPal is not only used to sell hosting.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

Just dropping this in as I have been mentioned 5 times, I do not 'like' not doing business with China, I hate that it makes me look like I am marginalizing based on race, that is just not who I am.

The reality is, the way the Chinese do business is aggressive, every penny counts, it is why they will be laughing at the rest of us underdeveloped nations in about 50 - 100 years, I really believe that.

But due to population density and the obvious culture and language barrier, the hard cold fact is the chargeback, dispute and abuse ratio and volume compared to anywhere else is through the roof.

So at this point, it is self-preservation.

That said I have a few irons in the fire right now to give me the option of only offering certain payment types based on the country so I will be over the moon to lift the China and Brazil ban I have.

EDIT: On the topic of the thread :)

I have seen this done to a company before, they could get no answers for almost 90 days then one day they could not login, PayPal had closed their account without notice and when he called they said they would contact him in 180 days to arrange the release of the funds locked in the account.

That was only about £2000 at the time iirc so not the end of the world but not fun for a small business either, they had their paypal account for around 10 years too, but no ability to take paypal would have been devastating.

He just went to a bank, opened a new account, opened a new PayPal account, verified it, and was up and running again in less than a week.

• My eyes hurt by reading this post.

• @drdrake said:
    My eyes hurt by reading this post.

Yes, can anyone explain the reason of such behaviour from PayPal in in couple of sentences.

• Paypal has been ban in China according to my language

• LeeLee Veteran

Gulf said: Yes, can anyone explain the reason of such behaviour from PayPal in in couple of sentences.

Paypal have risk based rules to reduce potential losses, accept it or find another payment processor.

• PayPal is not a suitable payment processor for the usual scammy, cheap ass, unrealistic LET provider.

• Hxxx said: PayPal is not a suitable payment processor for the usual scammy, cheap ass, unrealistic LET provider.

Wtf with those assumptions? Put your-self in flames mofo! Did you recently saw any grand drama about GVH-like scams?

• Your name is priceless.

lol

@LTniger said:

Hxxx said: PayPal is not a suitable payment processor for the usual scammy, cheap ass, unrealistic LET provider.

Wtf with those assumptions? Put your-self in flames mofo! Did you recently saw any grand drama about GVH-like scams?

• LeeLee Veteran

LTniger said: Wtf with those assumptions? Put your-self in flames mofo! Did you recently saw any grand drama about GVH-like scams?

He has a point, the providers that sell to anyone, at a profit of less than a $1 per deal, chargebacks roll in, no money to cover the costs and PayPal suspend the accounts. No visible Drama required, it happens all the time.

Thanked by 2postcd Clouvider
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited November 2017

@Clouvider said:

@Janevski said:

Ain't nothing taken. Just 30 days rolling reserve applied so they can cover CBs as the CB ratio grows.

Oh... I see now...

I thought they took all his money. Well in a way they did, but not directly.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I hate that it makes me look like I am marginalizing based on race, that is just not who I am.

Every "clever" person won't judge you for saying stuff like this and if they did, you probably don't want them as customers.
    I've been in the same position and that's the way i think about it.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @lion said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    I hate that it makes me look like I am marginalizing based on race, that is just not who I am.

Every "clever" person won't judge you for saying stuff like this and if they did, you probably don't want them as customers.
    I've been in the same position and that's the way i think about it.

Fucking racist.

• lionlion Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:
    Fucking racist.

Just for the sake of it, you could argue that "chinese" isn't a race, it's someone who lives/comes from a certain area defined as china by whoever. Which obviously isn't the definition of a race.

• f u c k

p a y p a l

• @lion said:

@WSS said:
    Fucking racist.

Just for the sake of it, you could argue that "chinese" isn't a race, it's someone who lives/comes from a certain area defined as china by whoever. Which obviously isn't the definition of a race.

Yes, I know, but I was told when I made similar jokey allegations, to "cool it".