Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone want a small web app written in PHP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone want a small web app written in PHP?

DrukpaDrukpa Member
edited April 2013 in General

I have been using PHP with Codeigniter for a while, and have made some fairly decent sites/apps. Is there anything simple/small which is useful that I could write and give it for free? I am just bored.

I'll be using twitter bootstrap for the front-end, codeigniter, and mysql as the db. Willing to develop anything that doesn't take more than a week.

Comments

• Make me a personal website.

• @blergh_ said: Make me a personal website.

Won't it be just easy to download a template? I don't enjoy designing front-end (html).

• Let me PM you with an idea. Lets see if that interests you..

• What about something where you can store Shell Commands and execute them by simply clicking a button? Password protected of course.

• @Drukpa
    I have no idea, I don't work with webdesign and my knowledge in that field is just about 0.

• @blergh_ said: I have no idea, I don't work with webdesign and my knowledge in that field is just about 0.

Just install a common CMS like Joomla and download some free templates, it's quite easy to set up.

• EvoziEvozi Member

A coupon system for shopping cart? Customer support ticket system? :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

A simple billing system? :)

• @joepie91 said: A simple billing system? :)

This. Lets start with this.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@joepie91 said: A simple billing system? :)

With custom fields for clients :)

• I've got an idea, I'll shot you a PM.

Regards,

• @joepie91 said: A simple billing system? :)

Depends on how simple is "simple". What features you guys looking at?

@Benedikt said: What about something where you can store Shell Commands and execute them by simply clicking a button? Password protected of course.

Running shell commands via php is tricky I think. If you want to run privileged commands, you'd have to give "root" privileges to apache which poses a lot of security risk. If you have other users/sites, they will be able to run those commands too.

• @Drukpa said: Depends on how simple is "simple". What features you guys looking at?

Client-side login. Admin-side login. Just adding everything together and adding taxes. Include a possibility for PDF export?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Someone were asking about a system like fraudrecord but for scammers.

Do that and be the hero of the day :)

• lowendscammers ;)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I have an idea. Will pm you shortly

• Ok. Am going to bed now. Lets see which one is the most wanted one when I get up tomorrow.

• @MikHo said: Someone were asking about a system like fraudrecord but for scammers.

Isn't that what fraudrecord is for?

Scammers, fraudsters, and the general scum of everyone's clientbase?

• MunMun Member

A thank you button for vanilla forums.

• @Mun said: A thank you button for vanilla forums.

Finally someone remembered this again...

• @Mun said: A thank you button for vanilla forums.

If it takes more then a moment to add, it won't be added. (Reference to how Chief doesn't even read the 'Why do you want to join' messages for new users before he allows them to come here and spam)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Drukpa said: Depends on how simple is "simple". What features you guys looking at?

I personally don't need a billing system, but judging from the mountain of issues that WHMCS is constantly causing for people (and the lack of reliable alternatives), I'd expect anything reliable and simple to be fine - even if just as a base for others to continue building on.

edited April 2013

Isn't that what fraudrecord is for?

Scammers, fraudsters, and the general scum of everyone's clientbase?
    @MannDude

Someone asked for something like this in the curtisg thread. To add up all information about the summerhosts and other wannabe providers.

• @MikHo said: Someone asked for something like this in the curtisg thread. To add up all information about the summerhosts and other wannabe providers.

That'd be a good idea, actually. My only concern about something like that is I don't believe your average customer would know to check it first. It could be a thorough and detailed list that people here use, but generally speaking the average LET visitor isn't your 'average customer'.

@MannDude
    Tell me about it :) even if it did exists already people would still fall for offers like curtisg.

I'm only trying to bring the request to someone willing to do it .... Let's see if it does happen

• @MikHo said: people would still fall for offers like curtisg

Oops... everyone keep telling that.

The offer was using test ip from @francisco (SonicVPS colocates in our racks and owns that + another /24 from us.)

So I know the server exist and all other anomalies just ignored because of that. Why I don't believe @francisco for just $7. Which known later that the server was located on another place -- if the server did exist --

• @Drukpa said: I could write and give it for free

yet another CMS?

• tommytommy Member

simple cms ? :)

• tommytommy Member

@jcaleb said: yet another CMS?

you beat me. just few seconds!