Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a paypal history !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

a paypal history !

cociucociu Member
edited November 2017 in General

Hello,

i will start to present what i know.

In the day 6.11.2017 i have recive a email from paypal like our account is new in sales and for this we will have all incomming founds blocked durring the next 30 days. I have ried for the moment and i have call paypal to see what happened :

Surprise : a girl from paypal callcenter wich had no ideea what we sell is ask me and what is a service not a fiscal goods is asking me for traking number. After 15 min to explain about what we do and how this work is give me a coleage to explain me what happened with our account.

So .... here we go , past month we had 3 disputed opened (all 3 from chiness guy , nothing with him , i perfectly understand some person from there is not educated do ask in a tiket or send a email and is opened directly a dispute in paypal, so i assume this risk) but .. i have win 2 of them and one i have give full refound withowt any explication, so this second girl from paypal hi make this remark about this 3 chargeback and this is the problem what paypal explain for my blocked money.

Now the account is from 2012 , is a bussiness account with all verified , and we move +xxx eur/year (sorry i will not give the amount ) with this account.

more , we have many tranzactions small so the risk is verry reparted between many persons.

to note , is bloking including the recurring payments from clients who is with us from 4-5 years withowt any problem.

So i think is a little abusive , for me is not so important to have money blocked there right now .. but is still our money way should be blocked ? Paypal have documents from my company , we have a huge historial , etc etc ...

So what do you think ?

edited: just recived this today im my account too like a message :

Detalles de disponibilidad de los fondos
Como ha comenzado a vender recientemente con PayPal, los pagos que reciba se colocarán temporalmente en su saldo pendiente durante hasta 21 días. Los fondos se retienen para liquidar los pagos en caso que hay problemas con la transacción.
Se le considerará un vendedor nuevo de PayPal hasta que:

Mantenga sus pagos en el saldo pendiente durante 60 días, contados desde la fecha en que reciba su primer pago.
Una vez cumplidos estos requisitos, se le reconocerá como vendedor permanente y sus pagos no se colocarán en un saldo pendiente, siempre que no haya otro tipo de problema con la transacción.
¿Por qué mis fondos no están disponibles en cuanto recibo el pago?
Al retrasar la disponibilidad de los pagos por hasta 21 días, tenemos tiempo para asegurarnos de que no haya problemas con el pedido. Dentro de los problemas se incluyen las controversias, reclamaciones, devoluciones o devoluciones de cargo.

Para obtener más información, vaya a la disponibilidad de fondos en el Centro de Seguridad o póngase en contacto con nuestro Servicio de Atención al Cliente.

Comments

• Where and when PayPal can fuck you and keep your money- they will.

• Is it a 100% hold or a lower percentage? PayPal sometimes does a 30 - 50% hold for each transaction for 30 days when your provide a service with no tracking information, in my experience.

• WSS said: Where and when PayPal can fuck you and keep your money- they will.

not so easy ....

• Ho-ost said: Is it a 100% hold or a lower percentage? PayPal sometimes does a 30 - 50% hold for each transaction for 30 days when your provide a service with no tracking information, in my experience.

is 100% , like i tell is including in recurring payments what i recive from many years withowt any problem

• @cociu said:

Ho-ost said: Is it a 100% hold or a lower percentage? PayPal sometimes does a 30 - 50% hold for each transaction for 30 days when your provide a service with no tracking information, in my experience.

is 100% , like i tell is including in recurring payments what i recive from many years withowt any problem

When you go into the "money" section on the navigation bar, does it explain why they are held under your balance?

• Ho-ost said: When you go into the "money" section on the navigation bar, does it explain why they are held under your balance?

i just edited so you can translate from spanish

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • cociu said: Detalles de disponibilidad de los fondos Como ha comenzado a vender recientemente con PayPal

lol, like i have started to sell today

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Your only chance is to call them again, yell and tell them you'll take your business somewhere else. This is, from what I heard, a very effective way.

In our experience: Portugal's PayPal support is superb. They are extremely professional and really nice to be honest, although there's not much they can do unless you speak to a higher-up agent, or ask them to escalate it further.

• @cociu said:

cociu said: Detalles de disponibilidad de los fondos Como ha comenzado a vender recientemente con PayPal

lol, like i have started to sell today

I think you can typically request a review every 3 - 6 months for them to remove/lower or keep it.

• They do this all the time. Google paypal + frozen funds.

They probably want some documents from you. Send it over or sue them. PayPal is one of the worst companies to deal with (and unfortunately one of the most important).

• maxwellmaxwell Member
    edited November 2017

Just fuck paypal and get something else, and never do any buisness with chinese people again....

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

This is normal. It’s a high risk account now and they want to have funds to cover chargebacks. Ask them to lift it after 6 months or so. They will probably reduce the hold to 30% over 30 days or so, or leave it as it is if the account history does not improve.

Thanked by 2WSS postcd
  • MikePT said: Your only chance is to call them again, yell and tell them you'll take your business somewhere else. This is, from what I heard, a very effective way.

In our experience: Portugal's PayPal support is superb. They are extremely professional and really nice to be honest, although there's not much they can do unless you speak to a higher-up agent, or ask them to escalate it further.

i will not lost time because when i have call i spend more than 1 hour and the results was zero, for me is the same have it disponible or not , but i dont see this correct because i will give you a exemple. Let take 5000$ balance . To ghet 5000 dollars with 4.5 eur /tranzaction is arrownd 1100 tranzactions no ? so what posibility have to make all chargeback togheter ? i think is abuse from paypal , nothing more.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @Clouvider said:
    This is normal. It’s a high risk account now and they want to have funds to cover chargebacks. Ask them to lift it after 6 months or so. They will probably reduce the hold to 30% over 30 days or so, or leave it as it is if the account history does not improve.

Agreed, a reduction to 30% seems typical.

But the review period usually asks you to identify tracking for selected transactions, and deny you if you enter 0, so I suggest calling for it.

Thanked by 1WSS

cociu said: i will not lost time because when i have call i spend more than 1 hour and the results was zero, for me is the same have it disponible or not , but i dont see this correct because i will give you a exemple. Let take 5000$ balance . To ghet 5000 dollars with 4.5 eur /tranzaction is arrownd 1100 tranzactions no ? so what posibility have to make all chargeback togheter ? i think is abuse from paypal , nothing more.

Do you have your account fully verified? Submitted all documentation for your company? Director roles, etc etc?

• cociucociu Member
    edited November 2017

MikePT said: Do you have your account fully verified? Submitted all documentation for your company? Director roles, etc etc?

yes, also 3 cards atacched and 2 bank account all verified

@cociu said:

MikePT said: Do you have your account fully verified? Submitted all documentation for your company? Director roles, etc etc?

yes

What did they tell you last time, if you only had 3 chargebacks last month but more than 1.1k transactions?

• In the long run, PayPal will cost you more in both processing and withholding than getting your own MID. You obviously have the resources- get to it!

• MikePT said: What did they tell you last time, if you only had 3 chargebacks last month but more than 1.1k transactions?

unfortunatly i speack only with the first and second girl wich i think is the minimal level , asking him to pass me with a supervisor or something is denied and is repeating the same shit about traking number and the risk. Forgott to mention the total amount for all this 3 tranzaction is 4.5+4.5 +40 eur. So 49 eur. In the day when we have block my account i had 7900 dollars there and 3000 eur and 1700 GBP so what the fuck ? menatime i still grow because is came the recurring and the new orders.

Thanked by 1Aluminat
  • WSS said: What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more.

lol, i will not hurt you , i sell Vaseline tooo

• @cociu said:

WSS said: What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more.

lol, i will not hurt you , i sell Vaseline tooo

Noo. Use the pretty perfume, instead.

Thanked by 2cociu inthecloudblog

cociu said: unfortunatly i speack only with the first and second girl wich i think is the minimal level , asking him to pass me with a supervisor or something is denied and is repeating the same shit about traking number and the risk. Forgott to mention the total amount for all this 3 tranzaction is 4.5+4.5 +40 eur. So 49 eur. In the day when we have block my account i had 7900 dollars there and 3000 eur and 1700 GBP so what the fuck ? menatime i still grow because is came the recurring and the new orders.

They now cover intangible items, so that risk thing shouldn't be valid for you. I'd insist with them, call them every hour, or get your lawyer to email them or send a registered letter.

• @cociu said:

Ho-ost said: When you go into the "money" section on the navigation bar, does it explain why they are held under your balance?

i just edited so you can translate from spanish

Why not in Romanian language but in spanish? Are you registered in spain or am missing something here?

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited November 2017

@Ho-ost

If only that were true with eBay, I'd still sell there.

I can provide whatever tracking # I want and even if they recognize that it was delivered, it's 21 days no matter what. 21 days, even if I have around 60 100% ratings as a seller. It wasn't until this type of thing happened to me that I realized why providers hate PayPal.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @Ho-ost

If only that were true with eBay, I'd still sell there.

I can provide whatever tracking # I want and even if they recognize that it was delivered, it's 21 days no matter what. 21 days, even if I have around 60 100% ratings as a seller. It wasn't until this type of thing happened to me that I realized why providers hate PayPal.

Yes, they are very picky in whether they enforce their own policies properly or not. It's a shame.

• also nothing logically , look some tranzactions :

1) tranzaction wht i recived today :

Importe retenido

38,14 USD

Fecha de retención: 21 de noviembre de 2017

Fecha de liberación: 24 de noviembre de 2017

Asegúrese de incluir su información de envío o número de rastreo. Este pago permanecerá en su saldo pendiente hasta 24 de noviembre de 2017. Podría estar disponible antes, una vez que sepamos que la transacción se ha completado sin problemas.

tranzaction from the day 07.11.2017 :

Importe retenido
    0,66 USD

Fecha de retención: 7 de noviembre de 2017

Fecha de liberación: 28 de noviembre de 2017
    Asegúrese de incluir su información de envío o número de rastreo. Este pago permanecerá en su saldo pendiente hasta 28 de noviembre de 2017. Podría estar disponible antes, una vez que sepamos que la transacción se ha completado sin problemas.

• so the old tranzaction have much more to wait and the new one only some days ... lol this is really stupid.

• WHT said: Why not in Romanian language but in spanish? Are you registered in spain or am missing something here?

nothing important , i am spanish citizen too ...

Thanked by 1WHT
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

MikePT said: They now cover intangible items, so that risk thing shouldn't be valid for you. I'd insist with them, call them every hour, or get your lawyer to email them or send a registered letter.

PayPal has right, as per the contract, to limit the account, which they did, and they have grounds. Pattern fits their fraud pattern, they blocked it, probably automatically.

@cociu has a right to move to a different provider if he doesn't like it, but we tried it with PayPal and they dragged us through all sorts of different reserves through almost entire 2014, shy of 3 weeks.

This is the very risk of doing business with China @AnthonySmith talks about. In this case, it's materialised.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • cociucociu Member
    edited November 2017

Clouvider said: This is the very risk of doing business with China @AnthonySmith talks about. In this case, it's materialised.

logical measures ? Block all this money what came from china and let the oters to circulate. No ? but what is my explication is verry simple and with more logical comment :

if i am paypal and i block some thousand of accounts (put the reason of this for 3 chargeback with a valor of a good drink 49 eur) and block more than 10k durring 30 day i make proffit only from dividentes in different inversion. is the only way i see right now. I repeat is bloking including some recurring payments who have from more than 4 years from the old clients .

i do not negate about the right here , i complain the logical , any bank from my country when see a client with so much tranzactions /mo and have only 3 incidents with a verry verry small import will not tell you nothing. Now paypal is paypal , i will give you a true details here :

i have 5 accounts with paypal , 2 company in spain , 2 in romania, and one personal account in romaina.

Way way paypal charge more fees in romania compared with spain ? because is a racist , and is benefit from 3rd county , way is so easy block accounts from Romania and others county wich is not rich ? because is incorect business. But never mind i know i have acceptes this terms but is not correct and never will be. I repeat i have been luck because is not affecting my business but a small company from here wich have the account blocked is easy close the doors . And we talk about many years history and many many tranzactions. This is just my 2 cents.