Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any 32/64MB plans left?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any 32/64MB plans left?

taronyutaronyu Member
edited April 2013 in General

I was searching for a nice cheap 32 or 64mb plan and I tought I found one at lowendspirit. Too bad I can't order there anymore. (Another story and InceptionHosting got the full right to do that, no harsh feeling) anyways, I only know SecureDragon however I was hoping there are any cheaper options. Because $11 is cheap, but not if you compare it to the 96mb box from ipxcore for $12 a year. However I still want a 32 or a 64 vps just so I can add it to my collection and see how good it works :) Also afterwards as a personal vpn server.

Location: If possible in Europe because of the vpn server however USA is also good as long as it is middle or east. (West is giving a too high latency)

Yearly payment is obvious a must :)

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

Honestly, after paypal costs for most providers its not worth it. I'd check prometeus (don't know if they have it though).

• I edited my post that I want to pay yearly. I know paying that less monthly is not worth it.

• @HalfEatenPie said: I'd check prometeus

if not mistaken, they don't offer such low end anymore
    lowest was like 128 now, i guess

•              total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:         32014      29023       2990          0       1866      13391
    -/+ buffers/cache:      13765      18249
    Swap:         3999        954       3045

11:54:13 up 48 days, 20:09,  1 user,  load average: 5.29, 5.48, 5.75

And that server is full. Might as well have given out 256mb for $1/month instead.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

prmgr has had 64MB plans for a long time, but they're a lot more expensive. vpslink does too but they're more expensive and don't have a great reputation.

For VPSes, I don't think the price scales perfectly down to the 32MB. There's a floor to cost because of the overhead of handling your account, payment processing, the other resources in the plan, etc. So you can't really take a 128MB plan, divide it by 4, and expect to pay that price for 32MB.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@taronyu We can do a yearly in Netherlands or any 3 locations in US (Chicago, Buffalo or Los Angeles).

http://stormvz.com/yearly-vps.html

If you have a exact budget I'm sure we can work on the cost :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

For 10.50$ per year I can get you:

L0 – Low End Special
    64MB RAM
    64MB vSwap
    5GB Disk Space
    80GB Bandwidth per month
    1 IPv4 Address
    100Mbit connection
    OpenVZ/SolusVM
    $10.50/Year

• @raindog308 said: prmgr has had 64MB plans for a long time, but they're a lot more expensive. vpslink does too but they're more expensive and don't have a great reputation.

For VPSes, I don't think the price scales perfectly down to the 32MB. There's a floor to cost because of the overhead of handling your account, payment processing, the other resources in the plan, etc. So you can't really take a 128MB plan, divide it by 4, and expect to pay that price for 32MB.

Exactly.
    It's not a linear function.

• @Janevski said: Exactly.

It's not a linear function.

I understand, that is the reason why I'm asking here. I know all the big/known providers here and they don't offer this. I was hoping to find something like ipxcore 32mb plans.

@Patrick said: @taronyu We can do a yearly in Netherlands or any 3 locations in US (Chicago, Buffalo or Los Angeles).

http://stormvz.com/yearly-vps.html

If you have a exact budget I'm sure we can work on the cost :)

I know StormVZ, and it is actually my first choice. Also before your post. :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • jellyjelly Member
    edited April 2013

I'm not sure theyre still available, but InceptionHosting sometimes do a €3/year 64mb server. It has a shared NAT IPv4 address, though, and 5 IPv6 addresses.

Edit: didnt read your first paragraph at all :<

• @jelly said: Edit: didnt read your first paragraph at all :<

I was happy I could order one, but because of my privacy I used a fake phone number (not knowing it had to be verified) and ordered on my vpn (wich I never noticed). Asked them, they closed my account so I bought a service from another mail and I was just busy sending a ticket to explain everything when he decided to bann me.

Sucks but nothing I can do about it. And well, I just had to be fair the first time.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

Location: If possible in Europe because of the vpn server however

I like VDS6's 128MB RAM $0.95 monthly plan in Germany. I'm probably one of the only ones who likes it though (FreeBSD only, IPv6 only). :)

edit: I missed your VPN requirement. IRC is OK, but VPN won't work on these.

• I have a 64mb Xen plan from Inception Hosting and a 64mb KVM on my own node. For KVM/Xen I wouldn't go below 64mb as kernels tend to not boot with less. 64mb isn't enough for CentOS 6 but is for CentOS 5.

• I think the cost of an IP would outweigh the profit from one of these mini plans

• MxMcMtMxMcMt Member
    edited April 2013

@vpsace said: I think the cost of an IP would outweigh the profit from one of these mini plans

I'm wondering the same thing. Some hosts have < $2/month plans but at the same time they ask for $2.5 or sometimes more for an additional IPv4. I went ahead and ordered a second VPS instead since it was cheaper..

• We have 64/128mb VPS for $9.95/year but its sold out we only release 10 each month.

Thank you

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited April 2013

These little guys are great for postfix (mail forwarding)

• AndriAndri Member

@Damian said: 256mb for $1/month

I want this. :D

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

@Andri said: I want this. :D

What prevents me from offering it is skids. And our current rate plans are selling well enough as is.

• @Damian said: What prevents me from offering it is skids.

Its sad but true, makes things painful for legitimate customers sometimes.