Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me decide OVH 2016 VPS -- shall I wait till black friday?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me decide OVH 2016 VPS -- shall I wait till black friday?

aviavi Member
edited November 2017 in Help

I need a VPS and I want to buy either from OVH or Vultr. I have had good experience from both of them in the past. (Also, from Ramnode. But I don't think they will match the prices or offers on Blackfriday)

Now OVH is running an offer and they are giving a rebate on annual prices. However, that offer ends just before Black Friday. So my question is, shall I wait until black friday if there are good deals to expect? or shall I just buy?

And I dont know any black friday offers from Vultr either. Thank you!

Poll not found

Comments

• where is that rebate?

• aviavi Member
      edited November 2017

@ehab said:
      where is that rebate?

$1.12/month. The basic one comes to $3.35/m instead of $4.47

You can see here - https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/

• maybe new sign ups, not renewal of current services. My advise wait until BF if you are not in a hurry.

• OVH had some discounted VPS on last year's BF.
      Of course no one except them can give you a guarantee, but I would also wait...
      I would say it's not a coincidence that their promotion runs out the day before BF...

Thanked by 1rm_
    • Waiting is ... happiness ;-)

• 10 more things you could do while waiting for BF:

• @default said:

there is a libyan saying... "better those who wait then those who only wish." right

• Thanks, guys, I guess I will wait. Not in any hurry.

• The rebate plan makes it about the normal price before the recent increase. I got last year's BF special and it's a good VPS though the 10GB disk space is a bit constraining. I don't have DDOS issues so I'm fine with comparably priced VPS with less DOS protection.

• Vultr usually has no promotions on Black Friday.

• LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider

Not sure about Vultr & OVH, but you will find more better offers on Black Friday than this. Big companies usually do not offer much discount on VPS in Black Friday.

• get one now, and then if they have BF deal get another :) haha

• Last year's OVH BF was good, but they haven't done anything nearly as good since then and I don't expect them to now.

• @willie said:
      Last year's OVH BF was good, but they haven't done anything nearly as good since then and I don't expect them to now.

I’m not sure- the outage last week might have been just in time to hurt sales since then so that they want to up on marketing / buy addtl. clients to match their numbers.
      But then again, they are mostly owned by some (??) so that won’t matter so much ...

• I'd like to Wait till Black Friday for OVH

Thanked by 1WSS