Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing LowEndStorage.win -- a Comprehensive List of LowEnd Storage VPS Providers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing LowEndStorage.win -- a Comprehensive List of LowEnd Storage VPS Providers

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WebProject said:
    The link and price for backupsy is for $20 not $6+(as it’s posted on your website)! If you do prices and database make sure it’s right and uptodate.

That's why there's a coupon code underneath the link, also you'll have to change the slider to 250gb from 500gb (as that's their default). Sorry, I don't have control over their site so I can't fix that for you, but if you pay me to come to your house I can copy paste the coupon code and slide the slider to the left for you.

If you make a sentence with letters and words make sure it's right and not nonsense.

Thanked by 3southy zed pepa65

@corbpie said:
    Price per 1TB pls also i hope no one tries to browse that from a phone

Agreed, that'd be a good column to add. Also, it's not too terrible from a phone -- it switches to blocks instead of the list so it looks halfway decent.

@Francisco said: Yes sir.

Awesome, updated.

@NANO said:
    As feedback... It would be great if you can make the row with the title info (ram, cpu, etc) can scroll with us when looking for the columns at the bottom ;)

I definitely agree. In fact, I was trying to do just that for some time yesterday but gave up after a bit because it kept screwing up the widths of the columns. I'll give it another go soon :)

@Ympker said: Good job there mate :)

Thank you! :)

@teamacc said:
    Can you add a "price per GB" column so the real cheapasses can sort through it and get the best deals?

Yeah, absolutely. That'll be the next data field that I add and would probably be the most useful column to sort by.

@titanicsaled said: IMO it'd be very helpful if you could add some indication as to whether or not the CPU cores offered by each plan are dedicated or shared.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if there's a good way that that could be added in.

@MikePT said:
    Looks great. Will be using it for sure!

Thank you :)

Thanked by 2titanicsaled MikePT
    edited November 2017

Added FreeCpanelSharedHosting ( @mikho ) to the site.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • I use the Hetzner storagebox for 10Eur/2TB. But it is not a VPS.

If you want really cheap long term storage OVH Cloud Archive is the way to go. 2EUR/1TB + traffic costs

Thanked by 3MasonR uptime NANO
  • Nice thing.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Much accomplish. Very win.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Perhaps add to the text that you only list providers who offer storage, not every storage plan the offer?

I have both NAT and IPv4 offers :)

Thanked by 1MasonR

@mikho said:
    Perhaps add to the text that you only list providers who offer storage, not every storage plan the offer?

I have both NAT and IPv4 offers :)

Agreed. Can definitely add something that sums that up. Had the same conundrum with Wishosting as they also offer NAT'd & IPv4 plans.

Thanks! :)

Thanked by 1mikho
  • Thanks for this Mason. Are you looking at incorporating reviews at some point?

Thanked by 1MasonR

@Dimtar said:
    Thanks for this Mason. Are you looking at incorporating reviews at some point?

Sure thing! Not really. Reviews are subjective and I'd rather stay out of the game of pinning providers against each other. I think it should be the buyers responsibility to look up reviews on a provider first before buying to make sure they're a right fit for their needs.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • What about showing price/GB/month (year)?

Thanked by 2MasonR vimalware

@Devil said:
    What about showing price/GB/month (year)?

Already on the to do list :)

Thanked by 2Devil vimalware
  • Nice list, what about the RAID layer?

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • while i wish you good luck, i wonder when it will drive you crazy!

Thanked by 1MasonR

@gonggo said:
    Nice list, what about the RAID layer?

Maybe. Not sure if people really care for the most part as long as it's redundant (RAID1, 10, 6, etc.). At some point the line has to be drawn of how much is too much information on the page -- frankly I think it's already too much and needs slimming down somehow.

@ehab said:
    while i wish you good luck, i wonder when it will drive you crazy!

Probably pretty quick based on a couple responses so far. "OMG I clicked on a link and it was $10 instead of $6!! You bastard!" (see @WebProject's comment above for reference). Try to do something nice and people will still bitch :P.

Don't get me wrong though, if someone points out an error that's valid then I'm fine with that. But you don't gotta be a dick about it :P

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @MasonR said:

never mind or reply such noise. If i was you i would write "if you have something constructive then post it here".

don't let it consume too much time. I wish i had plenty of it. but wait i am waiting some on let :/

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

@MasonR, in the LINKS column include the date it was added to the table (i.e. mm/yy) so if people complain about the price/plan changing you can point to the date and tell them that as of that date it was accurate.

Thanked by 1MasonR

@KuJoe said:
    @MasonR, in the LINKS column include the date it was added to the table (i.e. mm/yy) so if people complain about the price/plan changing you can point to the data and tell them that as of that date it was accurate.

That could work! Thanks for the suggestion :)

• Just put a PayPal dispute button on the page and have it send them to this perfectly safe (but annoying) video:

Thanked by 3MasonR mikho Golbinex
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

The list is great ^^

Btw can you add a submit/contact form so that users who aren't on LET can reach you? I myself was a lurker here before I registered :D
    (Just a suggestion)

You're doing good!

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • This is awesome. You're awesome. This whole place is awesome ;).

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:
    No LowEndStorage.Date?

Not sure why but this gave me a good chuckle... I think that site would be how much junk you got in your storage. AKA how much junk in your trunk.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @MasonR where is your APM seal?

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Good idea as well, we got a few servers great for storage.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • ZXHost should be taken off the list since they are have announced end of life for their storage servers.

Thanked by 1MasonR

@BlaZe said: Btw can you add a submit/contact form so that users who aren't on LET can reach you? I myself was a lurker here before I registered :D (Just a suggestion)

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll add that the next time I get a chance. Thanks! :)

@lion said: What about dedicated Servers for storage? For a start

I'll have to think about this one. Was hoping to keep the starting prices under $10USD.

@mansoor said: ZXHost should be taken off the list since they are have announced end of life for their storage servers.

Agreed. ZXHost has been removed.

Thanked by 1BlaZe

@mksh said:
    @MasonR where is your APM seal?

Wut?

• I think he wants to make out. shoves Go, dude!

Thanked by 1MasonR

@WSS said:
    I think he wants to make out. shoves Go, dude!

Now's my chance!