Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

I do not want to use this site as a support!

I would just like to know if people have the same problem as me.

I have 3 VPS with ZxHost, and since a week I had a lot of interupption.

Now for 24 hours, I have no VPS that work.

I wonder, because I opened a ticket and I have no answer.

I have been using ZxHost for years without any problem,

Thank you for your help

Comments

• My storage special is running just fine.

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 2017

my storage is down since yesturday, can be more lets tag @AshleyUk

Thanked by 1comeback
  • there has been a restart of two hostnodes yesterday as far as I have seen. from the client panel you could try and open the vnc console of your VM to see if it got stuck on rebooting (so was one of mine). sadly after issuing a reboot it did not shutdown properly. I then stopped the VM but wasn't able to bring it up again...

as I don't have any mission critical on it I went to sleep and haven't look at it by now. going to check and report back, also will open a ticket about it.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • etilicoetilico Member
    edited November 2017

Same problem here, ticket opened yesterday without response.
    In the CP I can't do anything, there's an error: Configuration file 'nodes/cn04/qemu-server/xxx.conf' does not exist

• Not just me then :) @ashleyuk has been superb in the past and was helping me with an issue last week, so I am sure he is on it. My storage VPS keeps going to 100% CPU and stopping it from the control panel doesn't work as I can't bring it back up. I was worried it was something I was doing on my VPS, but nothing in the logs / top suggest it is.

• They have updated the Server Status Page a couple of hours ago:

Hello,

We are currrntly facing a storage issue on our cluster effecting some clients.

We are currently working on bringing this back online as soon as possible.

Update

We have two storage node's which we are just working on bringing back online.

Once completed all VM's will then be given a clean reboot.

Update

All VM's are now booting, if you have any issues please use NoVNC in the billing area to check if your OS requires any user input.

An update email will be sent out shortly.

Update

We are currently being hit by the following bug : http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21142

This is stopping us being able to bring online all the required OSD's (HardDisks)

Update

We are still working on bringing up the final OSD's.

Date - 15/11/2017 17:13
    Last Updated - 16/11/2017 09:38

Thanked by 2ehab Falzo
  • @etilico said:

thx! should have had a look earlier onto that... just before you posted I also opened a ticket, but glad to see they're on it. most part of the solution probably is simply waiting for resilvering or whatever.

also mentioned this thread, so I am sure Ashley will give an update, once he gets thing in line.

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

Same here. :(

One month ago Ashley migrated my storage VPS to their "new infrastructure". Since then my VPS is unusable. Disk throughput is only 1-2 MB/s all the time with kernel I/O errors every hour. Something seems terribly messed up there. I asked Ashley several times to get my VPS moved back to the old infrastructure, but without response yet.

If you are still on the old infrastructure, do not touch anything and enjoy your great VPS. I have been absolutely happy all the years. But now after the migration I feel fooled. Even more because of the really unsatisfactory communication (no replies to tickets).

So, let's sit and wait and hope that he's gonne fix it and that the "new infrastructure" will run as great as the old one.

• My storage one reboots randomly (may have been the whole node) last time was 8 days ago

• Email update:

Hello *******,

As an update to our earlier outage email.

Overnight we had a failed HD in our CEPH Cluster, as part of a standard procedure this was replaced and a rebuild was started.

However we was effected by two CEPH Bug's in the current MainStream release, these bug's cause a selection of OSD's to continuously reboot, causing the storage to flap / become inaccessible.

We have been working to resolve this issue, to protect data integrity we have had to disable all VM instances while we work to recover and resolve the backend storage.

Updates will be sent via email or you can view the Network Outage ticket in our client area.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Thanks,
    ZXHost

• good to see an email however it would have been better when the first outage was reported. At least their not deadpooled

• @etilico said:
    Email update:

Hello *******,

As an update to our earlier outage email.

Did you receive an "earlier" email? Cuz I just got that one trying while try to log on ZXHost website!

Have been really happy so far with their service.... Hope it won't last

• No, this is the only email i've received...

• mine is down too, hope they solve soon the problems.

• I didn't get an "earlier" email either?

• @lurch said:
    I didn't get an "earlier" email either?

Yeah, me neither. Might be just a status update in their panel though.

Hope it gets back on track. Good luck @AshleyUK

• I didn't get an earlier email either. Hope @ashleyuk manages to get the platform back. He's my favourite storage VPS provider :)

• almost 3 hours now

• It's almost 24h of total downtime for my VPS :(

• earlier this year we already learned that big storage arrays might not be easy to handle in case of an incident, so all that's left is to be patient anyway.
    also we all only want dirt-cheap storage, so luckily for all of us, nobody is running any mission critical production stuff on those cheap boxes. ;-)

I guess Ashley made the right decision by stopping all VMs to not have them interfere which hopefully will speed up the rebuilding process.

btw: the non-storage range of zxhost is up and running, so not touched by this...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Wow, @etilico, you can some patience. I would have expected an average LET user to vent on the forum and pee everywhere on the wall

• @deank said:
    Wow, @etilico, you can some patience. I would have expected an average LET user to vent on the forum and pee everywhere on the wall

I don't have any mission critical stuff on it as @Falzo says, I'm just a bit disappointed about the lack of informations on what's going on (no ticket response, no real time updates...)

I'm just curious about what they will refund for not respecting SLA as stated in they T&C (if they will refund something):

ZXHost provides a 100% Network & Infrastructure SLA, if during any month your service is offline or affected by an unscheduled hardware or network failure for more than 0.01% of the time during this month (4 Minutes) you can request a pro-rota refund for the duration your service was effected. This excludes any client specific downtime caused by DDOS or client side configuration.

• etilico said: ZXHost provides a 100% Network & Infrastructure SLA, if during any month your service is offline or affected by an unscheduled hardware or network failure for more than 0.01% of the time during this month (4 Minutes) you can request a pro-rota refund for the duration your service was effected.

fair enough! I paid ~90€ for three years. guess that makes me eligible for around 0.08 € refund per day of downtime. now three services are down, if we make it down till tomorrow I might get a whopping 0.20-0.30 € back - guess I need to invest that right away on BF... oh. wait. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Thanked by 1rahoolm
  • im running critical production stuff on zxhost, and yes i have learned the lesson, now can someone please recommend another similar provider with good storage? obviously not as cheap like zx, but something with good price/quality relation? i need 2 cores, 3-4 gb ram, and 250+GB scalable, 1TB if not scalable.

thanks in advance guys.

• Strange no one got the "earlier email" maybe there wasn't one?

Only a noob host would claim 100% SLA.

• etilicoetilico Member
    edited November 2017

@Falzo said:
    fair enough! I paid ~90€ for three years. guess that makes me eligible for around 0.08 € refund per day of downtime. now three services are down, if we make it down till tomorrow I might get a whopping 0.20-0.30 € back - guess I need to invest that right away on BF... oh. wait. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Ops! Probably I've misunderstood how SLA refunds work :)

• @deank said:

I think given the refund regulations bound to exact that 100% SLA what could go wrong? :-D

You are a user, so nothing wrong with that. It's the host that's noob.

• magicvpnmagicvpn Member
    edited November 2017

@deank said:
    You are a user, so nothing wrong with that. It's the host that's noob.
    @deank said:

This doesn't mean the service has a 100% uptime (which is not possible), you will get refunded for the downtime.