Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turnkey Internet Blackfriday Special ( with Unmetered 1 Gbps Bandwidth )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Turnkey Internet Blackfriday Special ( with Unmetered 1 Gbps Bandwidth )

MridulMridul Member
edited November 2017 in General

Hello Friends,

I have been looking for an OVH like reliable company with decent prices , under $4.
I have used Turnkey Internet for over 4 years now and this Black Friday offer seems to be a really good one for small project :

• CPU Cores : 1 CPU Core
  • RAM / Memory : 1 GB
  • SSD Storage : (RAID-10 Protected) 5 GB
  • Network Port : 1000 Mbit (1 Gbps)
  • Bandwidth : Unmetered @ 1Gbps
  • Dedicated IPv4 Addresses : 1 Dedicated IP
  • Dedicated IPv6 Addresses : /64 Subnet
  • Virtualization Technology : KVM Hypervisor

Price : $3.99 /Mo

They also have some dedicated servers at $15 per month and WHM Reseller Offers with Free WHMCS at $14.

Signup Links :

• All Blackfriday Deals ( Affiliate ) : Link
  • All Cloud Plans : Link

Offers Expire : 18 Nov 2017.

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Mridul said: SSD Storage : (RAID-10 Protected) 5 GB

Apparently that is not a typo.

• @Maounique said:

Yes. Its 5 GB SSD.
    The Unmetered 1 Gbps is the cool thing.

• @Maounique said:

After the OS there isn't much left.

• Heard of netcup 3gb deal yet?

• Shillington

• Got that e-mail from TurnKey as well, and I understand your aff links now:
    "When someone you refer signs up, you are automatically credited with $50 to your account. You can use it to pay for your current service renewal invoices or to buy new services with TurnKey Internet. We make it simple, and reliable"

Now that's some affiliates shizzle!

Thanked by 1muratai
  • Lame

• Nope.

• @Mridul are you really recommending them or after the credits? ... say the truth now. i don't see them popular in LET and their offer has too much of the same we see every year and not interesting.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited November 2017

They also have heavy fines for users who receive a DDoS attack:

Any website, server, service, or client who hosts, promotes, instigates, or gives cause or access in any form to cause a Denial of Service attack (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS) shall be responsible for the billable time of staff and mitigation services at $85 per hour, the cost of excessive bandwidth or other resource consumption, and a per-incident fee of $250.

Their emailing policy and what violates it.:

Users who:
    Maintain email lists
    Send emails to more than 10 recipients at a time
    Send more than 1,000 emails in a 30-day period

Also, here seems to be the fair share stuff on their VPS:

No account, server, or service may consistently consume more than 10 % of the resources in total available such as CPU utilization, Disk space, Disk I/O, Memory, web port connections, network bandwidth or network packets per second over a sustained period.

Further down then reads (I love how this wasn't checked for spelling prior to adding to their site)

Un-Metered (also known as unlimited) Bandwidth plans are defined and guaranteed to have access to the full wire and port speed (for example 1000 Mbit will provide 1000x1000 Internet Access Speeds) and if utilization consistently consumes more than 10 % of all the resources available (i.e. 24x7 consuming 100% of the port or wire speed for more than 10% of your billing cyclce) TurnKey Internet may deprioritize and/or throttle traffic to customer's IP.

I honestly don't understand how you can recommend them at all... Oh, wait... You're getting paid for recommending them. That makes sense.

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 2017

everyone is entitled to one mistake, if he says the truth then it can be forgiven and this thread will sink...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

That's why affiliate links are cancer.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

Can someone explain my why it is impossible to get 1 Gbps unmetered for less than a couple 100 $$$$ again?

• UNMETERED, YOU SAY?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • sureiamsureiam Member
    edited November 2017

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@maldovia said:
    UNMETERED, YOU SAY?

SIGN ME UP.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rm_ said:
    That's why affiliate links are cancer.

On the other hand, most of us wouldn't even know that there's such an offer if the affs wouldn't be there, they have a purpose.

• UNMETERED?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@maldovia said:
    UNMETERED?

Translation: 100Mbps shared.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • @MikeA said:

@maldovia said:
    UNMETERED?

Translation: 100Mbps shared.

May as well say it:

SCAM!!!!!!

• @IThinkUFailed said:

Any website, server, service, or client who hosts, promotes, instigates, or gives cause or access in any form to cause a Denial of Service attack (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS) shall be responsible for the billable time of staff and mitigation services at $85 per hour, the cost of excessive bandwidth or other resource consumption, and a per-incident fee of $250.

Users who:
    Maintain email lists

No account, server, or service may consistently consume more than 10 % of the resources in total available such as CPU utilization, Disk space, Disk I/O, Memory, web port connections, network bandwidth or network packets per second over a sustained period.

Further down then reads (I love how this wasn't checked for spelling prior to adding to their site)

Un-Metered (also known as unlimited) Bandwidth plans are defined and guaranteed to have access to the full wire and port speed (for example 1000 Mbit will provide 1000x1000 Internet Access Speeds) and if utilization consistently consumes more than 10 % of all the resources available (i.e. 24x7 consuming 100% of the port or wire speed for more than 10% of your billing cyclce) TurnKey Internet may deprioritize and/or throttle traffic to customer's IP.

I honestly don't understand how you can recommend them at all... Oh, wait... You're getting paid for recommending them. That makes sense.

So if I buy the 5GB Disk Space I can only use 500Mb (10%) ? What a bummer.

• @yokowasis said:
    So if I buy the 5GB Disk Space I can only use 500Mb (10%) ? What a bummer.

No idea if this is the case... I'd be surprised if it was ;)

• I had really worst experience with Turnkey Internet in 2014, they were suspended my account for hosting WHMCS portal on their server. Our main website was down for 24hours called their support number and they rudely disconnected my call by saying can't reinstate my account without admin approval

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited November 2017

@GoogieHost said:
    I had really worst experience with Turnkey Internet in 2014, they were suspended my account for hosting WHMCS portal on their server. Our main website was down for 24hours called their support number and they rudely disconnected my call by saying can't reinstate my account without admin approval

I still have a 2015 Black Friday server and have had zero complaints. No,I'm not being paid by them. I agree their terms seem harsh, but on the other hand I would expect them to have a legal base (their terms) to be able to stop any abuse. Are there members who were asked to pay any of the fines stated when clearly you were not a fault ?

• @IThinkUFailed said:

Users who:
    Maintain email lists

So 10% of 1000mbps would be a 100mbps setup. If you don't want to get dropped got should set it up as 100mbps

• @Mridul said:
    The Unmetered 1 Gbps is the cool thing.

It would be too, if it were true.

• @wlambrechts said:
    I still have a 2015 Black Friday server and have had zero complaints. No,I'm not being paid by them. I agree their terms seem harsh, but on the other hand I would expect them to have a legal base (their terms) to be able to stop any abuse. Are there members who were asked to pay any of the fines stated when clearly you were not a fault ?

Did I say their service is bad or something? No doubt service is pretty reliable and sometimes you have to suffer just because of misunderstanding and very strict rules and was planning to stick with them because I have used their service for 8 months without downtime but after that incident stopped all my services with them.

Hosting WHMCS is not server abuse if am not wrong.

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@GoogieHost said:

Indeed. How did they justify the suspension?

• @Shazan said:

@GoogieHost said:

Indeed. How did they justify the suspension?

They said you are selling web hosting service using WHMCS which is not allowed on our network until you have Reseller Plan

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@GoogieHost said:
    They said you are selling web hosting service using WHMCS which is not allowed on our network until you have Reseller Plan

Thank you. Added Turnkey to my "do not buy" list.