Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled an i-83 VPS yet received payment overdue mail 2 months later
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cancelled an i-83 VPS yet received payment overdue mail 2 months later

On August, I cancelled a i-83/quadhost vps and let it die at the end of billing period which is on September. I also received an email confirmation about that. However, 2 months later, I received another email says that that cancelled vps is suspended because overdue on payment. That looks very strange. Is there anything I need to do besides pushing that request cancellation button?

I know this isn't support center but they seem to have disappeared and I thought I have to consult the almighty LET helpdesk

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2017

That looks like a billing panel screw-up, I hope you didnt pre-authorize anything, if that is true, change on card.

Thanked by 1layfon
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

It has happened before that servers hasn’t been cancelled with both Solus and Virtualizor.

It is probably so that you have enjoyed 2 months of free service and now it was properly deleted.

Thanked by 1layfon
  • Maounique said:
    That looks like a billing panel screw-up, I hope you didnt pre-authorize anything, if that is true, change on card.

I only used paypal/stripe one time payment so I guess I'll be fine.

• I cancelled my i-83 ages ago (reasonably sure) and I still received this mail. Ignoring

• Same here.

• Weren't QuadHost supposedly resolving their issues and going to be incredibly more active and try and regain the trust of the community once more?

Don't think I've seen them since. I'd ignore it for sure as you know any tickets you send are going unanswered for at least 3 months.

Thanked by 2Tom WSS
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

It will be because of the odd migration thing they did, from previous posts it looks like a lot of key info was missed such as the vserverid etc, don't worry about it, they will get round to cleaning it up at some point never I am sure.

Essentially automation is broken, the plus side is that a lot of people will have free servers until they notice from manual checks, which based on their apparent lack of shits to give means until they Deadpool.

Thanked by 2layfon WSS
  • I had the same thing here - Requested cancellation of my NAT VPS's 3 months ago - They are still sitting as 'Cancellation requested' and now I'm getting emails that they are all suspended as the Invoices haven't been paid

Tickets asking to get this sorted aren't getting resolved either. Time to switch my other services out sooner rather then later I think

• i83i83 Member
    edited November 2017

@Tane said:
    Tickets asking to get this sorted aren't getting resolved either. Time to switch my other services out sooner rather then later I think

layfon said: I know this isn't support center but they seem to have disappeared and I thought I have to consult the almighty LET helpdesk

Can you please PM me your Ticket ID's please?

@Maounique said:

Or contact us.

@mikho said:
    It has happened before that servers hasn’t been cancelled with both Solus and Virtualizor.

It is probably so that you have enjoyed 2 months of free service and now it was properly deleted.

Nice site, you could have at least changed the content.

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Weren't QuadHost supposedly resolving their issues and going to be incredibly more active and try and regain the trust of the community once more?

QuadHost is active and there are alot of changes going on behind the scenes, just not on LET as you guys (and girls) have made it clear how you feel about us.

@AnthonySmith said:
    It will be because of the odd migration thing they did, from previous posts it looks like a lot of key info was missed such as the vserverid etc, don't worry about it, they will get round to cleaning it up at some point never I am sure.

Essentially automation is broken, the plus side is that a lot of people will have free servers until they notice from manual checks, which based on their apparent lack of shits to give means until they Deadpool.

Actually Virtualizor had issues, rather than risk valid customers being caught in the crossfire we suspended all automation until the issues were resolved.

What migration are you on about, the one where we kept customer data by moving it to London when we were kicked from Leapswitch due to constant DDoS? As there haven't been many others.

Strange how the one that once offered to help when you were told some of the background is trying to paint a different picture on LET.

• I'm done with this provider too.

• @i83 said:

@Tane said:

layfon said: I know this isn't support center but they seem to have disappeared and I thought I have to consult the almighty LET helpdesk

Can you please PM me your Ticket ID's please?

@Maounique said:

Or contact us.

@mikho said:

Nice site, you could have at least changed the content.

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Weren't QuadHost supposedly resolving their issues and going to be incredibly more active and try and regain the trust of the community once more?

QuadHost is active and there are alot of changes going on behind the scenes, just not on LET as you guys (and girls) have made it clear how you feel about us.

@AnthonySmith said:

Actually Virtualizor had issues, rather than risk valid customers being caught in the crossfire we suspended all automation until the issues were resolved.

What migration are you on about, the one where we kept customer data by moving it to London when we were kicked from Leapswitch due to constant DDoS? As there haven't been many others.

Strange how the one that once offered to help when you were told some of the background is trying to paint a different picture on LET.

If you are so active can you respond to my open tickets? It has been more then 6 months and still waiting on replies.

• Holy shit ghost in the machine!

Thanked by 3brueggus MrH vimalware
  • @jamespeach said:

If you are so active can you respond to my open tickets? It has been more then 6 months and still waiting on replies.

Can you please PM me your Ticket ID please?

We know many of you have a less than adequate response time, right now we are working through the backlog whilst making sure new tickets are handled promptly.