Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[TURORIAL] How to make backups of your CentOS Virtual Private Server (VPS).
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[TURORIAL] How to make backups of your CentOS Virtual Private Server (VPS).

rogriveracrogriverac Member
edited April 2013 in Tutorials

When you work with a VPS or even any kind of server architecture, is extremely important to backup your data as a precautionary measure against data loss from failures or corruption from handling your virtual server. This tutorial has been written for CentOS, even though "rsnapshot" is freely available across multiple Linux distributions.

Here we present a working method to efficiently backup your data with a very easy and widely available tool among Linux systems called “rsnapshot”.

As always, we hope this community find our freely available tutorials useful.

Thank you.

Comments

• I like rsync, but I guess tools work well based on what you're using them for.

• @ mnpeep
    _rsnapshot _is actually based on _rsync _as snapshot backup utility. They're both excellent tools to use with much similar operation.

• May want to put "Centos" somewhere in the name and the text.

• @rogriverac said: @ mnpeep

_rsnapshot _is actually based on _rsync _as snapshot backup utility. They're both excellent tools to use with much similar operation.

I know, I use rsync because I backup folders, not entire VMs.

• @rogriverac

[TURORIAL]

?

• Can I rewrite this?

• @Damian

You're right, CentOS is only mentioned on the actual tutorial. Will add it to the title. Thank you.

• mihhamihha Member

Maybe you should mention how to include MySQL databases in the backup also

• You should change the font on your blog. Very hard to read. I closed the browser tab as soon as I saw it. Maybe it's just me?

• Why would you post tutorial here when we have to go to your site to read it?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Connorl

Really? why post that on a thead for backing up servers?

• My backup method.

• AndreAndre Member

@Connorl said: My backup method.

And I bet you just made someone get quite annoyed...