Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free .pl/.com.pl/.eu domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free .pl/.com.pl/.eu domain

dedipromodedipromo Member
edited November 2017 in General

The Polish guys are insane. Besides the cheap yearly VPSes, they offer free .pl/.com.pl/.eu domain names for one year, up to two .pl/.com.pl plus two .eu domains for each customer.

If you are not an european resident, you will not be eligible to register a .eu domain name though.

Enjoy!

Thanked by 3aeba ehab Edmond

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

race to the bottom going strong ;-).

• good price.

• myweenisispur.pl

• @Clouvider you should offer some good price server also :)

• @liuxyon said:
    Clouvider you should offer some good price server also :)

you really don't know Clouvider.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ehab said:

@liuxyon said:
    Clouvider you should offer some good price server also :)

you really don't know Clouvider.

Aye, we already do, we’re not in a business of selling at a loss covered by EU grants or VCs money.

We’re here if you look for great quality at a reasonable price :-).

• maybe, i have see site and use network.

• before you miss out @marson

• marsonmarson Member
    edited November 2017

@ehab said:
    before you miss out @marson

haha - thank you but nazwa is one of the most expensive company, they are like drugs, as a new customer you get service for free or for dumping price but in reneval they have one of the worst prices in the market, personally most of my domain I have on OVH or www.aftermarket.pl

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 2017

@marson ... i understand that. if this next BF is your first, you will have plenty of fun :)

can i suggest you change your avatar to a pic witha smile! current one scares me.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

marson said: as a new customer you give service for free or for dumping price but in reneval they have one of the worst prices in the market

Even if it's like that, can't you just transfer your domain(s)? I've also given a peep at their "standard" prices and they seem pretty low to me, but probably we didn't look at the same things

• Free domain is not too attractive to me

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited November 2017

I want to register a domain or two, but I can' understand what's on the site...

Edit: managed to register two domains with Google Translate, waiting for it to be registered by them.

• @Edmond said:
    I want to register a domain or two, but I can' understand what's on the site...

they say if you got famous then you need to pay a lot more.

• @liuxyon said:
    @Clouvider you should offer some good price server also :)

Wrecked.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2017

ehab said: if you got famous then you need to pay a lot more.

wasn't that a scheme allegedly adopted by freenom? I've read the Regulamin promocji and the only google-translated catch seems (emphasis added)

In the event of transfer of a domain registered under the promotion, to another provider before the end of the first annual subscription or during the period indicated - depending on the type of domain - in point X.5. From a) to c) of the Domain Rules, the Customer undertakes to extend the domain nazwa.pl for the next year before the transfer.

whereas the Regulamin domen @ point X.5 letters from a) to c) (google-translated, emphasis added)

1. nazwa.pl is obliged to pay, according to the price list, the restoration of the domain if the date of payment of the appropriate amount for the extension of the domain for the next period falls at the latest 72 hours before the expiration:
      a. 30 days from the date of expiry of the period for which the domain was registered - in the case of Polish domains;
      b. 40 days from the date of expiry of the period for which the domain was registered - in the case of .eu domains;
      c. 70 days from the date of expiry of the period for which the domain was registered - in the case of global domains.

The Engrish translation doesn't make it 100% clear, but it seems to me that you're forced to pay for one whole year at normal price (still pretty low imho) if you e.g. decide to transfer your .eu within the last 40 days from that date of expiry and anyway before the end of the first annual subscription (which obviously is the "promo" subscription); unless you don't want to drop it obviously. The annual standard price seems to be ~8.44€ for .eu (23% VAT included). A two-year value is pretty much in-line with OVH and Alpnames.

I've read nothing about "variable prices according to your visibility" so far.

Thanked by 1Edmond
  • @mfs oh so I have to renew it with them at least once before they let go of the domain correct? Good to know that I shouldn't do anything meaningful without getting scammed at the renew fee now..

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2017

Edmond said: oh so I have to renew it with them at least once before they let go of the domain correct? Good to know that I shouldn't do anything meaningful without getting scammed at the renew fee now..

Well you know the old adage "there's no such thing as a free lunch".. if it's free, there shall be a catch, and this ain't even the worst possible. You still can get a "free" domain for one year, since you're not forced to renew unless you want to transfer if I'm correct.

According to tld-list, two years with a new .eu @ OVH are $2.51 + $6.16 = ~7.43 € (w/o VAT: with Polish VAT it's ~9.13€, ~8.91€ w/ French VAT ) while @ Alpnames it would turn into $3.08 + $6.99 = ~8.63 € (with Polish VAT it would be ~10.53€).

Maybe a Pole can give a better insight on the Regulamin promocji... I guess that's why, in the long term, @marson suggested OVH over this. It seems you can't get nazwa to remove the 23% VAT; with OVH a non-European and a non-French with a valid VIES VAT # can get Oktave "Electric Strasbourg" Klaba remove that tax.

• @mfs hmm... good to know that there's a better deal to be found. But I don't plan to keep the domains already anyway, so it'll do, that is if the domains will be pushed to my account (which hasn't).

• @mfs said:

Even if it's like that, can't you just transfer your domain(s)? I've also given a peep at their > "standard" prices and they seem pretty low to me, but probably we didn't look at the > > same things

No I cannot transfer the domain before first reneval date, that's mean that I have to extend registered domain at least once before they will give me AuthInfo / EPP code to transfer it, but the good news is that I don't have to exstend it at all so I can pass the domain to free ones and sometimes I do that when I need the domain for a short period.

P.S free domains are nothing unusual in Poland, the same schema is at home.pl (https://home.pl/domeny#rejestracja) if anyone is interested, also please PM me and I can help anyone in registration, polish is my native language so don't hesitate ;)

Thanked by 3ehab solarman mfs
  • I'm just waiting for my registration of the domains I no real use for yet to complete, which doesn't seem to be happening yet... Has anyone gotten a registered domain that can be used yet?