Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals from last year are you keeping/canceling? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals from last year are you keeping/canceling?

Comments

• I don't know all what I left behind ..so cancel OVH Cloud thing and keeping few game servers there too and online.net bargain of course. Looking only for new voice chat server.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Harambe said: Deals I'm renewing:

I am hoping to release something similar this year on pure NVMe SSD, I can't decide if making a big deal out of 1 product group or select product groups or just putting 60% discount on EVERYTHING for 24 hours is the best way to go, consumer opinions appreciated :)

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 2017

60% discount on EVERYTHING for 24 ... with your quality its a one should not miss.

for me, from now on the minimum disk is 10GB so i'll pass nvm's less than this with extreme exception of low price.... anyway this BF for me will be smallest shopping.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

Harambe said: Deals I'm renewing:

I am hoping to release something similar this year on pure NVMe SSD, I can't decide if making a big deal out of 1 product group or select product groups or just putting 60% discount on EVERYTHING for 24 hours is the best way to go, consumer opinions appreciated :)

OVZ

Thanked by 2ehab bersy
  • layfonlayfon Member
    edited November 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

Would buy phx KVM512 at around that price point, but I guess some would prefer UK options. EVERYTHING maybe.

• @uhu said:
    Keeping the cracking deal from serversnv / Inception last year (6GB RAM, 100GB disk, £20/year).

Will be keeping mine ad well.

This tear looking for a vps with dedicated reaources and attached storage around the $5 per tb mark.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • I'll try to buy something with 16GB of ram, minimum 1TB of HDD and a nice CPU
    Let's hope something good will come out of this Black Friday

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Neoon said: OVZ

Will do my best to get the KVM options up by then too.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@telephone said:
    @Harambe have you gotten your @Veesp renewal invoice yet? Unsure when their custom panel sends invoices.

Their new system is much more DO/Vultr-like, so I don't know if I'll see an invoice immediately. Maybe a low credit warning or something right before? @Veesp can you comment here?

F*ck that. They pissed me off so much last year. Refreshing for 45min to get to the last order page, only to find out it was out of stock within ~10min.

Hahaha, yup.

@AnthonySmith said:

I like the focused discounts personally. Obviously more hit or miss than going across the whole product line, but if it means better discounts...

Also concur with @Neoon, KVM offers plz.

• If I had any sense, I'd cancel all the VPS and get more IPs for 64GB ram hetzner ssd dedi + GSuite Business for bulk storage.

Thanked by 2Harambe southy

@vimalware said:
    If I had any sense, I'd cancel all the VPS and get more IPs for 64GB ram hetzner ssd dedi + GSuite Business for bulk storage.

I consolidate once a year, and then my collection slowly gets bigger. Looking at another box to colo to kill off a couple rentals and a few VPS's in the process.

Thanked by 2WSS southy
  • @Harambe what're you looking for now? I've got one of those Dacentec beasts..

@WSS said:
    @Harambe what're you looking for now? I've got one of those Dacentec beasts..

Media server, probably newer E3, SSD and 2 or 3 8-10TB HDDs. Just going to buy the hardware and colo, can't rent it at a reasonable price.

• @Harambe said:
    Media server, probably newer E3, SSD and 2 or 3 8-10TB HDDs. Just going to buy the hardware and colo, can't rent it at a reasonable price.

What a problem to have.

@WSS said:

What a problem to have.

:P Will pay for itself in a year-ish vs renting.

• For me, just the @Veesp (vStoike) Russia KVMs $9/yr 512MB - $18/yr 1GB.

Vortex and QuadHost both went to shit and I ended up not needing the Inception monthlies, so reluctantly let those go.

Thanked by 2Harambe Veesp
  • Migrating from dedis back to VPS feels so strange..

I'm going to keep my 6GB Tragic OVZs, though, even though I've never used them for anything useful. They're like $1.75/mo.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • Nekki said: For me, just the @Veesp (vStoike) Russia KVMs $9/yr 512MB

same here

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited November 2017
    • vStoike Russia KVMs $9/yr (512MB) - manually renewed already, great uptime and perfs so far

• Online FR BlackFriday 2016 SSD €5/mth (8GB, 160GB SSD, C2750) - way, way better than a cheap Kimsufi

edit:

• dropping OVH VPS 50% Off - perfs ok, uptime/bw meh (SBG lolwtfbbq), 1 CPU only, new antiDDOS pricing = trashed
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Shot2 said:

• Online FR BlackFriday 2016 SSD €5/mth (8GB, 160GB SSD, C2750) - way, way better than a cheap Kimsufi

I had one of those but I killed it to early, sadly.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

Considering offers from BF 2016 only:

• Dropping OVH entirely (unless something better shows up, I'll migrate everything to Hetzner/netcup/Prometeus)

• Keeping Prometeus as usual; I've been hinted I could possibly migrate some promos to upgraded plans

• Liteserver has great connectivity but the RAM constraints are harsh on all plans for my usage. I'd consider moving to a different plan with double RAM and halved disk/traffic, if they were interested in making such an offer

• @Neoon said:

@Shot2 said:

I had one of those but I killed it to early, sadly.

I think I had one of those and cancelled it because of this "basic" network that's going through cogent to my ISP. 100+ ms ping and <10 Mbps throughput for a server that's less than 500 km away wasn't really worth 5€.

• @bersy said:

Nekki said: For me, just the @Veesp (vStoike) Russia KVMs $9/yr 512MB

same here

Feels a bit like the KS-3C of VPS deals, I can’t see anyone matching that pricing and still be going a year later.

• tridinebandim said: @VirMach i ll be lurking for 8GB KVM for $30/yr

what else was included on that kvm?

• This will be the perfect time to replace all OVZ with KVM aslong as better options show up than the $10/yr 768MB HOSTUS specials I got... I have a feeling they will be hard to beat.

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited November 2017

@dedicados said:

tridinebandim said: @VirMach i ll be lurking for 8GB KVM for $30/yr

what else was included on that kvm?

Windowzzzzzzz

KVM - Los Angeles, CA

Memory: 8GB

CPU: 2 vCore @ 2GHz

Disk: 70GB SSD (RAID 10)

BW: 1TB @ 1Gbps

Windows Available: Yes

$30/yr

• edited November 2017

I want cheap SATA drives to build a new home NAS. :)

• tridinebandim said: CPU: 2 vCore @ 2GHz

Yikes

This year it will be 1 vCore @ 1GHz

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited November 2017

@Harambe said:

Veesp (vStoike) Russia KVMs $9/yr 512MB - $18/yr 1GB

Just this for me, it has been quite a nice little VPS too. Very hard to complain about a 9USD/y KVM in Russia.