Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals from last year are you keeping/canceling?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals from last year are you keeping/canceling?

HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Last year's Black Friday was pretty insane, and we're only a couple weeks away from the (hopefully) same madness. Which of the deals you bought last year are you renewing and which are you canceling?

Deals I'm renewing:

• @AnthonySmith's $3/m $30/yr KVM deals in Phoenix + London
  • @VirMach KVM/OVZ specials - 8GB KVM in LA for $30/yr, $5/yr 768MB KVM, $1/yr OVZ, etc
  • @Awmusic12635 Impact VPS 50% off VDR4
  • @Veesp (vStoike) Russia KVMs $9/yr 512MB - $18/yr 1GB
  • @jarland MXRoute BF deal

Not renewing/already canceled:

• VortexNode servers (lol), already killed most of them
  • SpartanHost storage VPS (too slow)
  • OVH 50% off VPS deal (was only on first invoice)

Comments

• lol vortexno..joke already made. Fucker.

I'm keeping my Tragic, Virmach, and uh.. that's about it. Everything else is getting cut.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Fingers crossed Online.net has something decent this year, and I don't get dicked in the order queue again.

• Anything specific you're looking for?

@WSS said:
    Anything specific you're looking for?

ISO storage + bandwidth, pretty much all I use France deals for.

• Well, fuck. I just gave some other LETurd my 3xKS-4Cs. I may dump my 2x2TB+4x1TB Dacentec shortly, but I'm trying to find a reason to keep it.

I just dumped a Yeti special. Great deal but lol @ "support".

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

Yeah. I like Scott, but his "Heroin Addict" support leaves much to be desired. Only a month for setup, and 3 months later, still no working console? Might as well kill myselfget a VPS.

• Renewing my servers from Veesp and VMBox but haven't decided on tragicservers yet. Gonna drop virmach and ovh. Probably forgot something though. Veesp and VMBox have been rock solid for almost a year so I'll stick with them.

Also have something at impactvps but I'm not sure that was a BF deal. Oh and I'll part with my pageclick reseller account.

Thanked by 2Awmusic12635 Harambe
  • Renewing with @AnthonySmith.

I don't have anything else from last BF. I hope to grab a dedi, last year missed one from @Virmach

Thanked by 2Harambe AnthonySmith
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Harambe said: - SpartanHost storage VPS (too slow)

Never got around to them...maybe my laziness paid off.

• i need some TB storages for torrent and backups!! daaaamn...

cant wait till BF or CM

Thanked by 1NANO
  • Storage and some cheap shared hosting

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    Renewing my servers from Veesp and VMBox but haven't decided on tragicservers yet. Gonna drop virmach and ovh. Probably forgot something though. Veesp and VMBox have been rock solid for almost a year so I'll stick with them.

Also have something at impactvps but I'm not sure that was a BF deal. Oh and I'll part with my pageclick reseller account.

Why are you dropping virmach?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2017

Harambe said: Not renewing/already canceled:

Same here, letting both of those expire.

Thanked by 2Harambe Shot2

@raindog308 said:

Harambe said: - SpartanHost storage VPS (too slow)

Never got around to them...maybe my laziness paid off.

I don't know how it is now, but was oversubscribed for sure - then again, who needs more than 10 iops?

@rm_ said:

Harambe said: Not renewing/already canceled:

Same here, letting both of those expire.

Was a great deal for a year, but the price increases are pushing me to just stick to a Kimsufi and the E5 deal from way back.

• kendidkendid Veteran
    edited November 2017

Keeping - UltraVPS - 30 GB ssd for a great price and flawless performance,
    Virmach $1 special - for $1 it's doing much more than I expected with great uptime.
    MXroute - will probably keep renewing this for life. Jarland runs a great ship, and is passionate about his business. Don't use it alot, but it;s a great backup.

Dropping - Hostsolutions.ro (2core, 2GB) - price was not recurring. Good VPS though!
    Virmach - 4GB - installed windows, idled for months. Shutdown by them because of CPU usage (when only windows from their template was running). Never really used it anyways.

@UltraVPS @VirMach @cociu @jarland

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • I'm not getting a recurring deal on Jolt's reseller hosting AFAIK, but I'm keeping it at full price as it has been rock solid with good performance and great support.

• My 5$ Atom

• @VirMach i ll be lurking for 8GB KVM for $30/yr, keeping 1$ ovz and 10$ 1gb kvm, kvm can be replaced with a better deal from virmach (if something come ups)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, I drop my Online.net E3, since Poland rolled in.

Of course KS4C will be keeped alive, same for vStoike.

• Neoon said: Of course KS4C will be keeped alive, same for vStoike.

If you ever decide to let your KS4C go please let me know.

edited November 2017

@samm said:

Neoon said: Of course KS4C will be keeped alive, same for vStoike.

If you ever decide to let your KS4C go please let me know.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Neoon said: Even if I will not give someone my account.

I am not asking for your account. You can transfer OVH server can't you?

@samm said:

Neoon said: Even if I will not give someone my account.

I am not asking for your account. You can transfer OVH server can't you?

• Keeping the cracking deal from serversnv / Inception last year (6GB RAM, 100GB disk, £20/year).

Dropping a 3 year old ChicagoVPS deal (variable support) and dropped one from IPXCore (great support, just didn't need the box).

Would like: VPS with IPv4&6 and bandwidth for VPNs. Possibly a storage box for Nextcloud.

• Looking for a new cpanel reseller with whmcs. the 80% eleven2 discount was one time only :(

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2017

samm said: You can transfer OVH server can't you?

KS4C is not an OVH server for this question's purposes, it is a Kimsufi server. OVH.com and Kimsufi.com now have separate panels and user accounts. And you can't transfer Kimsufi servers.

• @Harambe have you gotten your @Veesp renewal invoice yet? Unsure when their custom panel sends invoices.

@Harambe said:
    Fingers crossed Online.net has something decent this year, and I don't get dicked in the order queue again.

F*ck that. They pissed me off so much last year. Refreshing for 45min to get to the last order page, only to find out it was out of stock within ~10min.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@telephone said:
    @Harambe have you gotten your @Veesp renewal invoice yet? Unsure when their custom panel sends invoices.

@Harambe said:

F*ck that. They pissed me off so much last year. Refreshing for 45min to get to the last order page, only to find out it was out of stock within ~10min.

Same here. I was able to get an E3 2x1TB for like 15 or 20 euros per month. Still have it.

• @sureiam said:

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Renewing my servers from Veesp and VMBox but haven't decided on tragicservers yet. Gonna drop virmach and ovh. Probably forgot something though. Veesp and VMBox have been rock solid for almost a year so I'll stick with them.

Why are you dropping virmach?

It's just a small box and I have plenty of them. They're surprisingly good for the price though.