Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US] SwiftVM - Samsung SSD's - RAID10 - OpenVZ - California, San Diego - 40% OFF APRIL MADNESS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US] SwiftVM - Samsung SSD's - RAID10 - OpenVZ - California, San Diego - 40% OFF APRIL MADNESS

BrightbullBrightbull Member
edited April 2013 in Offers

Who are we?
SwiftVM is a fairly new provider, but already doing great, and we're here to stay. Over the recent weeks that we have been on LET/LEB we have gotten some great feedback and reviews from our clients, and so far no complaints, other than a few minor issues. SwiftVM is being run by two enthusiastic friends who have been working with systems, and worked for a few other hosts the last years. We have a high standard for our performance and therefor only use Samsung SSD's, providing us with I/O speeds of over 1GB/s.

Hardware & Network
Supermicro Rack Servers
Intel Xeon E3-1270v2
32GB ECC DDR3 RAM
Samsung 840PRO 512GB SSD's RAID10
100Mbits from node to switch
1Gbit from node to backup server
Private vLAN between nodes

Our servers are hosted in the AIS datacenter, located in San Diego, California.
Testfiles, test IP's on our Looking Glass at ping.swiftvm.com

The Offers
Limited stock 128SSD plan
128MB RAM
1IPv4
5GB SSD Storage
1 CPU Core Fair Share
Price: $6 /semi annual ($1 month)
Order: https://www.swiftvm.com/client/cart.php?a=add&pid=25

WOWTHISISGREAT - 40% off first month
SWIFTVMRULES - 25% off LIFETIME

Benchmarks
http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/03/02/zh4RuSIbl8eNt6hV
http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/03/02/Em8FSaCugu5PCXML

Other Stuff
We are available over the phone, live chat and email support. We usually answer emails almost immediately, but we strive to answer emails within two hours. We are able to provide an emergency support phone number upon request.

TOS TLDR: Anything that is illegal in the United States is not allowed. Private VPN, legal torrents, IRC, TOR relays and Minecraft servers are allowed. Exit nodes are NOT allowed. If in doubt, please contact us.

Contact
E: [email protected]
T:+44 800-066-3088
W: https://swiftvm.com/

Jordy on LET @Brightbull
Chris on LET @eastonch

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2013

My 1 and only complaint so far with your service is that I would LOVE to see (native) ipv6 available. Otherwise, the server has been snappy and reliable, keep up the good work guys! :-)

Edit: I like that AIS's network can provide ~60-68ms ping from east to west coast, and my gigabit server in Ashburn, VA can max the bandwidth available. (10-11M/sec)

Cheers!

• BrightbullBrightbull Member
    edited April 2013

@TheLinuxBug thanks for the feedback. We are hoping to have IPv6 available shortly, along with the 1Gbit ports. Unfortunately we're just waiting for our provider to set this up. We expect (or hope) that we will be able to offer IPv6 and 1Gbit ports within a few weeks, or at least before the summer.

• I think it would be appreciated if you changed your thread title to specify that the 40% off is one-time only. Otherwise, people will assume that it's recurring.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2013

I got one

And probably someone doesn't like this offer...
    If you know what I mean =/

• Didn't know that screenshot of mine would turn up so many times.

• @yomero That's great, hope you're enjoying it. We just nullrouted the IP getting attacked and everything should be back to normal.

@DStrout Guess we're too lazy to take our own screenshots! ;-)

• @Brightbull said: We expect (or hope) that we will be able to offer IPv6 and 1Gbit ports within a few weeks, or at least before the summer.

Last I heard from him it was a switch issue, and he gave me a timeframe of April.

• nutjobnutjob Member
    edited April 2013

Bandwidth limit is 250GB if anyone is wondering.

The promo codes don't apply to the listed deal, which I guess isn't surprising.

• "The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms"

• 128SSD plan with 128M vSwap.
    but "128SSD special" does not include vSwap.

• @NanoG6 you can only use it on normal products, not on offers.

@ynzheng that is correct.