Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Special Offer today 33% off VPS recurring!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Special Offer today 33% off VPS recurring!

According to http://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/vserver/vps-herbstaktion/ Netcups VPS are currently 33% off recurring! Check it out guys ;)

BUT on FB they said (upon being asked whether to buy now or wait for their Xmas calendar special):

Ja, dass ist leider ein gewissen Glücksspiel. Wir bemühen uns richtig krasse Angebote im Adventskalender zu packen. Wir dürfen aber nicht verraten was es genau sein wird und wann es kommt. Webhosting mit Domain wird im Adventskalender vermutlich ab 9 Cent / Monat erhältlich sein. Ob wir auch vServer wieder im Cent-Bereich hin bekommen, ist noch nicht ganz klar. Aus dem Grund sind die aktuell gebotenen 1,99 Euro sicherlich nicht schlecht.

Which means as much as they are not allowed to tell anyone what exactly they will be offering but apparently one of the offers will be Web Hosting + Domain for 9 cents per month. They also said they are not sure whether they will offer vServer deals in the CENTS (meaning below 1€/mo) again but even if it's not decided yet it sounds like this could very well be possible.

Thanked by 3WSS WebDude vmp32k

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2017

@WSS Weren't you looking to get a Netcup VPS soon? Might be a good opportunity :)

@Falzo

• @Ympker said:
    @WSS Weren't you looking to get a Netcup VPS soon? Might be a good opportunity :)

Fffffffffffffffffffffffff

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

Oddly, I ended up with a 3GB RAM/4x120GB unit for what they're currently renting the 2GB/40GB unit for. The VPS100 is precisely the same price/specs that I paid for the new nameservers..

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @WSS said:
    Oddly, I ended up with a 3GB RAM/4x120GB unit for what they're currently renting the 2GB/40GB unit for. The VPS100 is precisely the same price/specs that I paid for the new nameservers..

• you got higher SLA and dedicated cores and higher uplink, eh? Win :)
  • @Ympker said:

Yup! Their VNC client is still shithouse, though. Thankfully I generally only need that once.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @WSS said:

@Ympker said:

Yup! Their VNC client is still shithouse, though. Thankfully I generally only need that once.

Are you happy with them so far? Run benchmarks already?

• @Ympker said:
    Are you happy with them so far? Run benchmarks already?

They're better than your standard VPS, if that's what you're getting at.

IDGAF about benchmarks. Disk/Network are virtio and are "fast enough".

I'm not mining or doing anything exotic on these- I'm just migrating my single-page business sites, vanity domains, and ignored-for-years personal blog. It's not as speedy as dedicated hardware, but it's also a hell of a lot cheaper.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

If I had to do it again, and I didn't care, I'd probably just get a KS-1 and stick shit on that, then use my registrars' free DNS service. The /32 and /128 lockdown kills me, though.

I don't think I'd do netcup again. They're adequate, but that's it.

• afaik that is the same pricing as the 'old hidden' order-links that were working the whole year ;-) so the only one really interesting is the one @WSS took on...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Ympker said: you got higher SLA and dedicated cores and higher uplink, eh? Win :)

It's also possible to bump the SLA up to 99,9 and get prio. It might be worth to wait for their christmas offer, I got the SLA package for just 0,99 EUR

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Falzo said:
    afaik that is the same pricing as the 'old hidden' order-links that were working the whole year ;-) so the only one really interesting is the one @WSS took on...

You mean VPS 100 G7?

• @southy said:

@Falzo said:
    afaik that is the same pricing as the 'old hidden' order-links that were working the whole year ;-) so the only one really interesting is the one @WSS took on...

You mean VPS 100 G7?

no I mean the RS 500, which is new and seems bargain.
    the VPS 100 is the cheap one I still have in my signature at the price they have it now 'on sale' ;-)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • For what it's worth, I bitched at them because I couldn't even get apaching serving fast enough to not time out to renew my LE certificates. They moved me onto a new node, but I haven't bothered dealing with it since I've been dealing with funeral arrangements all day.

• @Falzo said:

@southy said:

@Falzo said:

You mean VPS 100 G7?

the VPS 100 is the cheap one I still have in my signature at the price they have it now 'on sale' ;-)

Can't find that RS 500. Could you point me in the direction?

• Saragoldfarb said: Could you point me in the direction?

There is an extra overview page: https://www.netcup.eu/vserver/uebersicht_vserver_angebote.php

• @twiigl Do you work for netcup? If so, can you unfuck VNC? TIA.

• @twiigl said:

Saragoldfarb said: Could you point me in the direction?

There is an extra overview page: https://www.netcup.eu/vserver/uebersicht_vserver_angebote.php

Cheers! Ordered one.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Saragoldfarb said:

@twiigl said:

Cheers! Ordered one.

You paid more than you had to.

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1607

• @WSS said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@twiigl said:

Cheers! Ordered one.

You paid more than you had to.

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1607

Thanks. That's cheep. I'm on monthly pricing though and not gonna need it for that long so it doesn't matter.

• @Ympker "Netcups VPS are currently 33% off recurring! " that including vServer, RootServer as well as Storage VPS, right? Or just vServer can get 33% off. Many thanks.

• WSS said: Do you work for netcup

I'm not working for this company, but I know their offers and also have a focus on the general German speaking countries/market

• @twiigl said:
    I'm not working for this company, but I know their offers and also have a focus on the general German speaking countries/market

Then perhaps it would still possibly behoove you to suggest they unfuck their shit?

• twiigltwiigl Member
    edited November 2017

WSS said: suggest they unfuck their shit?

To be honest I'm fine with the Gucamole VNC, my machines are stable and for resuce situations I'm the provided rescue sys. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• @WSS said:
    since I've been dealing with funeral arrangements all day.

Sorry about that. What can we do to cheer you up?
    How about a major problem at a large hoster?
    Ups no, already had that today...
    How about extra cheap... no, also had that already.
    Gna, you‘re out of luck - no fun left in todays budget. Go sleep.

• @twiigl FUCKING DO IT ANYHOW. The next time you're sitting at a root console with services down, you'll thank me.

• @Falzo said:

@southy said:
    You mean VPS 100 G7?

Yeah thats the one I have layed eyes on as well... if just they had an SSD version ‚on sale‘...

• @Falzo What was the offer they did for xmas 2016?

• @Aluminat said:
    @Falzo What was the offer they did for xmas 2016?

probably best thing was a small RS with 1 dedicated core, 3GB RAM and 320 GB SAS (raid10) at 3.49€ per month (incl. VAT, 6month term)

If I am not mistaken they also had some 0.99 or 1.49 small vserver but can't recall exactly...

Thanked by 2Aluminat vimalware
  • My 3G VPS was so slow that I couldn't even get LetsEncrypt to vend me a new certificate because it would timeout. They moved me to a new host, but I've just ignored it since that time because I'm annoyed at them.

• @WSS said:
    My 3G VPS was so slow that I couldn't even get LetsEncrypt to vend me a new certificate because it would timeout. They moved me to a new host, but I've just ignored it since that time because I'm annoyed at them.

Sorry to hear that you haven't had the smoothest start at netcup.

My experience with them has been largely positive. There have been a couple of occasions since February when I've noticed some slow i/o, but those seem to be exceptional.