Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which one you'd prefer? Billing + VM Management in WHMCS or Separate?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which one you'd prefer? Billing + VM Management in WHMCS or Separate?

serverianserverian Member
edited April 2013 in General

^

Comments

• Separate.

• Would be easier to have it all in one CP if that's what you mean, but it's almost impossible to have a seamless integration.

• Would be easier to have it all in one CP if that's what you mean, but it's almost impossible to have a seamless integration.

• @Brightbull, say seamless integration is possible. Would people prefer separate or everything in WHMCS?

• as long as integrated, it is best kept seperate in my opinion...

• As a customer all in one would be much better. I hate having to remember the URL to SolusVM.

Providers: Make sure you link it in your bloody WHMCS install!!

(yeah yeah i know i could just bookmark it)

• I would choose to all have it in WHMCS then, but I can't even imagine it. Easier with management, just 1 login, no more CP links etc.

• Separate. We use WHMCS for more than VPS.

• jhjh Member

Integrated is better if the modules good enough, but usually it isn't.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Damian Well It would be product specific of course

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I like integration. Forget what's normal in our market for a second and just think business. Providing a good flow for client operations is one potential key to customer retention.

I've heard security mentioned as a concern, as though whmcs wasn't trusted enough, but the solusvm plugin already allows for resetting root and reinstalling OS by default from whmcs for clients and most here don't turn that off.

• integratedbfor me. Most time i had to dig through my email just to get the link to vps/aolus control panel.

• @Fliphost said: Well It would be product specific of course

That.. would actually be really unwieldy then. One billing panel for VM, then another billing panel for everything else?

• Integrated

@Damian said: Separate. We use WHMCS for more than VPS.

The more integration the better. It doesn't mean cPanel or whatever else you are using can't ALSO be integrated.

The less levels of redirection and layers or red tape the better.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Damian No, I meant that each product would have its own system integrated. Since you said , "We use WHMCS for more than VPS." Having each product integrated would rid of that issue.

To avoid your whmcs getting overcrowded you can have menus hidden unless they have said product.

@Damian said: That.. would actually be really unwieldy then. One billing panel for VM, then another billing panel for everything else?

Like when you view the details of a product. In my WHMCS for example you can have shared hosting and a VPS next to each other and when you click product details you get VPS control or cPanel control. I believe that's the thought. Which I like in concept.

• @Fliphost said: No, I meant that each product would have its own system integrated. Since you said , "We use WHMCS for more than VPS." Having each product integrated would rid of that issue.

@jarland said: Like when you view the details of a product. In my WHMCS for example you can have shared hosting and a VPS next to each other and when you click product details you get VPS control or cPanel control. I believe that's the thought. Which I like in concept.

That make sense now that I read it again... sorry about that. Spent the afternoon helping my father remodel his bathroom and the fumes from the glue used to attach the shower surround has apparently caused some dain bramage :(

• @Damian said: That make sense now that I read it again... sorry about that. Spent the afternoon helping my father remodel his bathroom and the fumes from the glue used to attach the shower surround has apparently caused some dain bramage :(

I hear you can undo the brain damage by drinking a ton of cough syrup.

• @HalfEatenPie said: I hear you can undo the brain damage by drinking a ton of cough syrup.

I am currently enjoying Heineken, same thing.

• @Damian said: I am currently enjoying Heineken

That works too.

@Damian I told Don earlier, if your logo was a picture of you on a motorcycle, perhaps with a heavy focus on the mustache, your sales would double.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@jarland said: I told Don earlier, if your logo was a picture of you on a motorcycle, perhaps with a heavy focus on the mustache, your sales would double.

Personally, I'd buy five. Although I would demand face mustaches to be sent to me (like those joke store-sticker ones).

• All in one. :D