Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

prismhost.net offline
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

prismhost.net offline

CoreyCorey Member
edited April 2013 in General

So I ordered a vps from a company on wjunction and guess what..... the company was 'hacked' and now they are offline...

I signed up march 25th. I just logged in to my container today to launch a website, and my container does not have access to the web. There is nothing in /etc/resolv.conf ...... I tried to go to the control panel via the link they sent me in an email to reinstall my vps to maybe fix the network issues but it is inaccessable. That was all fine, I figured I would just open a ticket. So I went to open a ticket and the page is offline as of right now. If you own prismhost please contact me.

Edit: I sent an email to their support team @ Prismhost Support [email protected]

I also just created my own resolv.conf and have access to the outside web now.... but I know this is openvz and on reboot it will go away again.

Just as a follow up I logged in this morning and logins were taking a very long time. I have high load averages with nothing installed in my VPS 100.00%id and 0.0%wa.

There is definitely a problem with this server I am on.

dd bs=1M count=256 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync

256+0 records in
256+0 records out
268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 12.2616 seconds, 21.9 MB/s

I am finally able to get into the support system this morning and my email inquiry from yesterday isn't there. So I will open a ticket today and see what happens.

Getting a whopping 80kB/s max on my yum updates.....

http://www.wjunction.com/1798103-post12.htm

Then I got the update from the 'hacker' that prismhost had been hacked...

http://www.wjunction.com/46-vps/167682-prismhost-net-offshore-vps-solusvm-openvz-2gb-ram-170gb-disk-9-5tb-bw-$4-9-nl-2.htm

Such bad luck :(... they had lots of good reviews... I guess they were shilling.

Comments

• @Corey said: wjunction

explains it all :)

• @Corey said: wjunction

Few hours ago I came to see someone in WJ chatbox saying that a VPS order to BitAccel was not yet ready, I think for 6 hours or so (Can't remember it properly) ;)

• CoreyCorey Member

@MikeIn said: Few hours ago I came to see someone in WJ chatbox saying that a VPS order to BitAccel was not yet ready, I think for 6 hours or so (Can't remember it properly) ;)

Noone there has ordered and it not been ready. All my setups are instant.

Actually I know exactly who you are talking about - I gave a guy a **free **vps from there and he has been so impatient and so needy. I told him I would install zpanel. Then that turned into will you help me setup my nameservers and dns... then that turned into will you install mybb, so I installed mybb. Then that turned into 'well why didn't you restore my backup into mybb'. I had to tell him to restore his own backup. The products on the site are unmanaged and he got this for free........

His vps was setup instantly.... he just can't manage it.

• @Corey said: Noone there has ordered and it not been ready. All my setups are instant.

Actually I know exactly who you are talking about - I gave a guy a **free **vps from there and he has been so impatient and so needy. I told him I would install zpanel. Then that turned into will you help me setup my nameservers and dns... then that turned into will you install mybb, so I installed mybb. Then that turned into 'well why didn't you restore my backup into mybb'. I had to tell him to restore his own backup. The products on the site are unmanaged and he got this for free........

His vps was setup instantly.... he just can't manage it.

@Corey
    Can be said as "Unnecessary Trouble"
    Free + So many Works ^o^

M.

• @MikeIn said: I gave a guy a **free **vps from there

next time choose a guy whose username is exactly peppr lol :)

• CoreyCorey Member

Peppr just send me a pm here I'm feeling generous......no other pms about a free vps though please :)

• @Corey said: Peppr just send me a pm here I'm feeling generous......no other pms about a free vps though please :)

So nice of you.. Sure will send you a PM now..

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Don't listen to him, he meant netomx

• @netomx have fun with my limited editon sig ;)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Can't see right now, I'm on the cell phone