Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Enginetron have 100% full benefits of NGINX on my server? And does it require NGINX config? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Enginetron have 100% full benefits of NGINX on my server? And does it require NGINX config?

2»

Comments

• @lnx1001 said:
    Back on topic, just wanted to follow up. New server with NGINX using enginetron with ZERO config (10 second install, waited a few minutes for install to complete, that's it) definitely has noticeable performance improvement, and the websites now show "NGINX" as the web protocol so yes NGINX is installed, wonderful. I was to try it on my production server now.

If you use cloudflare don't forget to edit the custom config

• I don't use cloudflare

• And to update again, it causes all wordpress login page to go to 404 error page on centos 6 using easyapache 3. So as a result until that is fixed I had to disable it on the whole server sadly.

Works good on centos 7 with easyapache 4.

• so as a result, enginetron cannot be used on centos 6.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@lnx1001 said:
    And to update again, it causes all wordpress login page to go to 404 error page on centos 6 using easyapache 3. So as a result until that is fixed I had to disable it on the whole server sadly.

Works good on centos 7 with easyapache 4.
    @lnx1001 said:
    so as a result, enginetron cannot be used on centos 6.

Dont use EA 3. Dont use CentOS 6.
    All fixed.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • Hello there,

I also use a Apache + Nginx combo for some time now and I'm very pleased with performances.
    Nginx is great for handling frontend and Apache handles (.htaccess) requests.
    Engintron is where I stumbled upon some issues.
    To be more precise, It doesent go well if you plan on using CloudFlare. Basicly you will need to add spcific rule for every new domain that uses CloudFlare.
    Tip: occasional cache & temp files in Engintron can cause slight issues.

• lnx1001lnx1001 Member
    edited November 2017

Engintron is working ok on my other server with centos 7 and ea4. However, I have noticed some problems with stored PHP sessions inside custom built wordpress plugins which send and retrieve info from the database. There seems to be a big delay that prevents it from working properly.

The good news however is that it significantly, even dramatically has improved server performance. I also reactivated it on server 1 (centos 6 ea 3) after moving problematic wp sites to server 2 (could not login to those sites). Now server 1 also has experienced dramatic improvement.

By the way I experience occasional issues with adding new things, restarting services, etc in which case I need to restart NGINX over ssh

service nginx restart

I also experienced major issues at times with ssl certificates. I had to manually find the many locations for ssl certs in the server (over ftp using root user), manually delete them, delete in cpanel also, re-add in cpanel, it all is about 1 to 2 days of work if you experience problems - more if you don't know what you're doing.

• TamerciagaTamerciaga Member, Host Rep

Remember that Engintron is not compatible with cPanel's AutoSSL.
    Read more here: https://github.com/engintron/engintron/wiki/SSL-certificate-considerations-with-cPanel's-AutoSSL

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

Have been using engintron since More than 14 months now

Excelent plugin

Works great

If you wish some special task, then you need to make some changes in the config

• I tried to enable Engintron on my cPanel server but it wasn't working with Lets Encrypt or Auto SSL, all websites were getting down after you activate Enginetron :(