Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stay away from cloudflexy(rackhost.co,dedicenter.com), a dishonest hosting provider - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

stay away from cloudflexy(rackhost.co,dedicenter.com), a dishonest hosting provider

Comments

• I think the Cloudflexy was already doing fraud for u so..they are a faker.

Agree with gongyi.

• Start providing traffic that doesn't result in so many chargebacks or refunds, and you'll find many providers who are happy to take your traffic.

• People who hardly would've opened LET have suddenly revived just to agree with him?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • WSS said: Start providing traffic that doesn't result in so many chargebacks or refunds, and you'll find many providers who are happy to take your traffic.

>

Host made his own bed, now he should be made to lie in it. He knew that Gongyi hosted a chinese vm review site and probably saw another thread noting that he gets so many thousands of views, thought he was being mature & smart by requesting to create an aff partnership.

Any host worth their salt should know the sort of clientele you may be exposed to when advertising in this end of the woods. (no offence intended).

Unfortunately as I remember saying in the last thread, kiss the payments goodbye, I'd revoke any advertisement of him from your site as a temporary measure as means of payment to continue your relationship.

I'd suspect cloudflexy is oversubscribed and with the influx of new customers he's rapidly ramping up his resources to compliment the demand. What he doesn't realize is that he's ramping up far too quickly and could lead himself into some bill troubles later down the line.

• @eastonch said:
    Host made his own bed, now he should be made to lie in it. He knew that Gongyi hosted a chinese vm review site and probably saw another thread noting that he gets so many thousands of views, thought he was being mature & smart by requesting to create an aff partnership.

If they knew better, it's their own damn fault- agreed. There are some greedy idiots who seem to think that this traffic is going to have a 99% conversion rate, and are happy to payout to find that they're now deep into the hole.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

WSS said: Start providing traffic that doesn't result in so many chargebacks or refunds, and you'll find many providers who are happy to take your traffic.

I dunno why they get so many chargebacks. I've talked to multiple large chinese focuses hosts over the past year and they rarely have that happen.

They should pay what is due. Not every payment they got is charged back, or they would've banned gongyi and their paypal suspended.

They owe the guy the money, they don't want to pay it. I don't know why they're allowed to walk all over the guy just because it's chinese focused customers. I know a few people like old man @anthonysmith doesn't want to deal with it due to LES, but of all the mountains of Chinese users I personally have, and the ones that signup, I think I've had literally 1 bad apple this year, and that was just them throwing off steam because they forgot to pay their invoice and got terminated.

They knew what they were getting themselves into, they went out of their way to setup a partnership with them.

Pay your vendors.

Francisco

Thanked by 3cociu MikePT jvnadr
  • @Francisco said:
    They knew what they were getting themselves into, they went out of their way to setup a partnership with them.
    Pay your vendors.

Francisco

This isn't the first time that this person with questionable traffic came to LET to shit on someone they expect money from, when their clientele is- shall we say "suspect" at best? It's just going to be the same post every month until the guy has run the gambit of idiots.

I feel that one should keep their side of the bargain for what they agreed with, but I don't like this vendor's tactics, either. I vote them both off the island.

edited November 2017

WSS said: This isn't the first time that this person with questionable traffic came to LET

Whats questionable? The guy runs one of the biggest hosting related blogs in China, a country with a billion or so people. If your deal is half way decent he can drive a lot of traffic to you. The only reason any of the Colocrossing brands get signups these days is they live off the traffic this guy drives them. The CVPS dumps showed that Buffalo was one of their worst performing locations with LAX being their largest.

I have a higher chargeback rate from this very forum than I do with Gongyi's userbase.

The host is lying, simple as that. If they had as many chargebacks as they claimed their account would've been suspended. Anything past a 1% chargeback rate and Paypal sees you as a liability and will remove you from the system.

Francisco

Thanked by 2hostdare corbpie
  • @Francisco said:

WSS said: This isn't the first time that this person with questionable traffic came to LET

Whats questionable? The guy runs one of the biggest hosting related blogs in China, a country with a billion or so people. If your deal is half way decent he can drive a lot of traffic to you.

I have a higher chargeback rate from this very forum than I do with Gongyi's userbase.

The host is lying, simple as that. If they had as many chargebacks as they claimed their account would've been suspended. Anything past a 1% chargeback rate and Paypal sees you as a liability and will remove you from the system.

Francisco

Because it's the same story as the last host who withheld his payment last month?

I don't care if he runs the biggest weeaboo image host- from my experiences in the past, I wouldn't trust his traffic.

However, I'm glad it works for you. Why don't you buy his traffic for the next month and show us how it works out for you?

• @Francisco said:

And even if they DID get such a high chargeback rate, that doesnt absolve them from their duty to pay the guy.

Heck, they approached him with a "do you want to feature us on your site for affiliate payout", not the other way around. Even in their initial offering they stated 24h payout period.

If they did not expect such a rush of customers, they should have plenty of money to pay the guy, or they fucked up their pricing.

WSS said: Because it's the same story as the last host who withheld his payment last month?

The issue is the exact same then too. The host offered a price that they were already losing money on, and then owed Gongyi 20% on top of that. The host was already paying out of pocket to keep those customers, now they got a bill for X thousands of dollars?

WSS said: However, I'm glad it works for you. Why don't you buy his traffic for the next month and show us how it works out for you?

I don't have to 'buy' anything, and gongyi sends me traffic every once in a while anyway. He's been cross posting our offers since day #1 of BuyVM and we keep track of any funny affiliates, and Gongyi is far from being one.

Francisco

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: The host is lying, simple as that. If they had as many chargebacks as they claimed their account would've been suspended

I actually fail to find any statement from the host apart from what he said on the ticket, that he didn't plan his budget for payouts to the vendors - am I missing something?

• @Francisco said:

WSS said: However, I'm glad it works for you. Why don't you buy his traffic for the next month and show us how it works out for you?

I don't have to 'buy' anything, and gongyi sends me traffic every once in a while anyway. He's been cross posting our offers since day #1 of BuyVM and we keep track of any funny affiliates, and Gongyi is far from being one.

Francisco

I want to see you take his raw traffic and report on just how great it is when it's pointed directly at you- not a general spurt. I feel the host is at fault, but I again question the source. You're more than welcome to state exactly what you want- heck, you say he's been good for you. I highly doubt the directed traffic as being so clean.. but I'm not losing money on this sort of deal, so it's not like i have an iron in the fire anymore.

teamacc said: And even if they DID get such a high chargeback rate, that doesnt absolve them from their duty to pay the guy.

At the end of the day the guys site is extremely well known, he isn't passing a link between his buddies where you can think they're colluding to try to get free service and chargeback for the lulz.

They have mountains of legit payments, pay the fucking man.

Francisco

Clouvider said: I actually fail to find any statement from the host apart from what he said on the ticket, that he didn't plan his budget for payouts to the vendors - am I missing something?

The host claimed in a prior thread that they had 2 - 5 chargebacks a day coming in because of Gongyi's users.

Francisco

WSS said: I want to see you take his raw traffic and report on just how great it is when it's pointed directly at you- not a general spurt.

I don't get what you mean. I've made some custom offers for him in the past, got a mountain of sales, and no problems with them.

What am I missing in your definition of raw? Do I hijack his DNS and point it right at my site?

Maybe I'm not getting the complete brunt of his userbase because I don't sell a $5/year service then complain that I'm making less than a McWage.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    What am I missing in your definition of raw? Do I hijack his DNS and point it right at my site?

Generally these "promotions" with the pay-for rate get top billing with clickthrough, traffic generation, and outright interesting sales tactics, than a "Here's a host for a price." posting. That's all.

If this host is getting 2-5 chargebacks/day, I have to question just how many they were accepting. Then again, offering a 24 hour payout was just greed and/or stupidity. Nothing works that way.

WSS said: If this host is getting 2-5 chargebacks/day, I have to question just how many they were accepting. Then again, offering a 24 hour payout was just greed and/or stupidity. Nothing works that way.

So Gongyi shouldn't be punished because the host is retarded?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

WSS said: If this host is getting 2-5 chargebacks/day, I have to question just how many they were accepting. Then again, offering a 24 hour payout was just greed and/or stupidity. Nothing works that way.

So Gongyi shouldn't be punished because the host is retarded?

Francisco

That depends on his traffic.. and yet we continue in this wank.

The fact that this isn't the first time he's come to LET after he's sent traffic to a host who says "Oh fuck chargeback central" makes me believe neither of them.. I don't implicitly blame the host alone.

So I challenged you to take his high spot and see how it worked for you, as you are vouching for the traffic you do get from him, which you didn't seem to want to do. Which makes me question your own motivation to not accept such traffic, unless you're indirectly admitting that you wouldn't trust that you'd be able to convert it, either.

edited November 2017

WSS said: So I challenged you to take his high spot and see how it worked for you

I have taken the high spot, remember, we're borderline the original LEB, and definitely the first LEB that wasn't a deadpool waiting to happen. We used to do "chinese timezone" releases where we would post up 130 128MB VM's during prime China time so they wouldn't have to be awake in the middle of the night. We would sell out everything in about 20 minutes.

Again, almost no chargebacks minus the problem child here & there.

Most of the time the reason hosts start getting chargebacks is because they market it as one thing then either remove that thing (chinese optimized routes being replaced with something garbage) or completely butcher it so bad it's useless (oversell the node to the tipping point).

Francisco

Thanked by 2gongyi dearroy
  • my 2 cents : i have recive some chargeback from chines guys withowt any motivation (some of them eaven dont know about tiketing and is go directly to paypal) but ... when you try to entry in a new market you must to risk something.... Now about the personaly case about @gongyi i can confirm is a verry patciense guy , at least with me was verry , but VERRY understanding and was allow me weeks to recheck all his account until the payment was made. Normaly we pay in 24 hours so wait weeks is much i think. So i strong sugest @racksx take every tranzaction what this guy have generate , sum all completed orders (without disputes/chargeback/money back) and pay the difference. Is hard today to find so worker affiliate like @gongyi so do not lost your chanse and try to fix a true due date to pay him.

I repeat is only my 2 cents and i need to tell this because for me @gongyi was verry understand guy and hi had verry much patciense.

specified case : hi give us many orders with our first storage plan (with the notorious "Fcsk" downtime when we got many orders and in the second day many users was make chargeback due of issue. This guy was understand perfectly , had many paciense until i have take every tranzaction in part and i have pay him after 1or 2 weeks (clearly was a particular case) .

For me until @racksx have some proof of diferent story , @gongyi have the reason

Thanked by 1gongyi
  • @Francisco said:

WSS said: So I challenged you to take his high spot and see how it worked for you

I have taken the high spot, remember, we're borderline the original LEB, and definitely the first LEB that wasn't a deadpool waiting to happen. We used to do "chinese timezone" releases where we would post up 130 128MB VM's during prime China time so they wouldn't have to be awake in the middle of the night. We would sell out everything in about 20 minutes.

Again, almost no chargebacks minus the problem child here & there.

Most of the time the reason hosts start getting chargebacks is because they market it as one thing then either remove that thing (chinese optimized routes being replaced with something garbage) or completely butcher it so bad it's useless (oversell the node to the tipping point).

Francisco

Well, then, I begrudgingly admit that someone (you) has managed to make money from that traffic. If you haven't had huge chargebacks, you've obviously got a way to provide what they were looking for.

I still feel the host needs to pay what they agreed to, but I still question the ability to convert this traffic- on the whole. I've never dealt with Chinese optimized routing, myself.

edited November 2017

Francisco said: Most of the time the reason hosts start getting chargebacks is because they market it as one thing then either remove that thing (chinese optimized routes being replaced with something garbage)

and maybe that's sort of the difference if there were really so many chargebacks.
    In your case with LA (?) location you probably have better connectivity to China, if so Customers have no reason to chargeback. In this case with UK heaving probably increased latency, maybe lower throughput (never tested), or he might have had particularly bad routes, they might have felt deceived and so chargeback.

In no way I'm excusing the Customers here - I hate chargebacks with passion - just loudly thinking what could be the cause.

Clouvider said: and maybe that's sort of the difference if there were really so many chargebacks.

In your case with LA (?) location you probably have better connectivity to China, if so Customers have no reason to chargeback. In this case with UK heaving probably increased latency, maybe lower throughput (never tested), they might have felt deceived and so chargeback.

Then you've trained your customers wrong if they feel a chargeback is the only way to solve things.

Maybe I'm the odd ball out of everyone and we disciplined the users that signup with us and make sure we deliver what we say.

Gongyi isn't the problem here, hell, the Chinese users aren't really the problem either. If every single user was a chargeback case then @racksx would be deadpooled because they lost their paypal account. Simple as that.

Pay the man.

Francisco

Thanked by 2hostdare Frameworks

We have no such issue, I'm just trying to understand the root cause, again, not excusing anyone :).

@Clouvider said:
    We have no such issue, I'm just trying to understand the root cause, again, not excusing anyone :).

Lying is my bet. They blew all the cash they made and have no reserve funds.

Pretty open & shut case.

Francisco

• One paid a gain.
    A difficult help comes from all quarters.
    All Chinese people should unite under the External challenges.

• They're probably just lying about the chargeback, Paypal and the credit card companies don't like high chargeback rates. They're also overselling stuff and their pricing is terribly cheap. How the heck they even sustain themselves??? I can't understand where they get the money to run their servers. But even after all those disputes/money back/chargebacks, @gongyi referred a lot of customers. He should get paid for his efforts.

Thanked by 1gongyi
  • @Edmond said:
    They're probably just lying about the chargeback, Paypal and the credit card companies don't like high chargeback rates. They're also overselling stuff and their pricing is terribly cheap. How the heck they even sustain themselves??? I can't understand where they get the money to run their servers. But even after all those disputes/money back/chargebacks, @gongyi referred a lot of customers. He should get paid for his efforts.

That's right. I agree with you completely.

• I think the host has reaped the rewards of all the referrals and even added some more servers to account for the extra sign ups and then pissed the money up the wall. They now can't afford to pay the affiliate commission and using charge back excuse to get out of it.