Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Minecraft passed 10 million sales... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So Minecraft passed 10 million sales...

2»

Comments

• so 10 million people who have spent EUR20 each will be looking for 10 million servers to host their game? or you need to buy the game even to play in a free server?

• @peppr said: free server

no such thing, the "cracked" servers aren't legal

• @peppr said: free server?

I meant, game hosted by a person who bought the game. If someone new joins the server to play, he must have a minecraft account/game as well?

• @peppr said: If someone new joins the server to play, he must have a minecraft account/game as well?

Of course, that's the case with pretty much any paid game.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Why peoples like Minecraft game?

• @Bogdacutuu said: the "cracked" servers aren't legal

I'd imagine they are quite fine, seeing as they are merely using a feature provided by the Minecraft developers - "offline" mode. It's probably the people connecting to them with cracked clients that are at fault.

Anyhow, the game is lots of fun and it has a strong community backing it, which is part of the reason why it's that enjoyable. There are countless mods out there that enhance the experience even further and you are pretty much only limited by your imagination.

• @Chronic said: I'd imagine they are quite fine, seeing as they are merely using a feature provided by the Minecraft developers - "offline" mode. It's probably the people connecting to them with cracked clients that are at fault.

Yeah. Offline mode is made for playing on servers while being, well, offline.

Plus, the community on the cracked servers is nowhere near as good as the one on legit servers (cracked servers have hackers everywhere, since you can change your username at any time to evade bans)

• Notch actually said that he doesn't mind people pirating the game as it allows them to see what the game is actually like and get a feel for it before actually buying it.

• @BenND said: Notch actually said that he doesn't mind people pirating the game as it allows them to see what the game is actually like and get a feel for it before actually buying it.

I don't see any problem with that, but there's a demo that you can play if you have an account but haven't bought the game yet, which should be used to see what the game is like before buying.

• very impressive.

• @Maounique said: Me, complete ignoramus in MC area.

How I envy you.

@DalComp said: I never knew adwords/adsense can be placed in videos

What how, they're everywhere.

• @DewlanceVPS said: Why peoples like Minecraft game?

Because its a Java-based game.
    Conspiracy: Oracle bought 10 million copies of Minecraft as a form of marketing to promote Java.

• In the last 24 hours, 12,029 people bought the game.

12,029 * 26.95 = 324,181.55 USD.

Damn.

• @Kairus said: In the last 24 hours, 12,029 people bought the game.

12,029 * 26.95 = 324,181.55 USD.

Damn.

Notch is a multi-millionaire, if he keeps a lot of the money to himself.

• -> Offtopic

I could do this all night...