Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Minecraft passed 10 million sales...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So Minecraft passed 10 million sales...

mnpeepmnpeep Member
edited April 2013 in General

Comments

• Impressive.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Wait, so the game is not actually free ?
    Me, complete ignoramus in MC area.

• @Maounique said: Me, complete ignoramus in MC area.

Don't worry, you aren't missing much

• In the last 24 hours, 11,509 people bought the game.

11,509 people will never lose their virginity.

• LeeLee Veteran

Incredible cash cow for what it is.

• @W1V_Lee said: Incredible cash cow for what it is.

Exactly. I bought the game a couple years ago, got "into it" for a few months, and now haven't played in probably half a year or logged in at all.

If you've got nothing better to do but sit there and not be productive, Minecraft is a great mindless consumer of time. I wonder if the abandoned village I took over, made my base, and then camouflaged has been raided yet...

• wdqwdq Member

I have been playing Minecraft for quite a few years now. It's something fairly entertaining and somewhat mindless that I can go play when I have free time. 10 million is a pretty insane figure for something that started out as an indie game.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited April 2013

@MannDude said: Exactly. I bought the game a couple years ago, got "into it" for a few months, and now haven't played in probably half a year or logged in at all.

Yeah same here... haven't touched that game in a long time now. Used to play it a lot for a year or so though.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I've been playing for a few years now, I can say got my moneys worth.

• I've been wondering...what IS Minecraft? :$

• @user123 said: Minecraft?

google it.

• @curtisg said: google it.

I tried to, but I couldn't understand the point...

Yes, please someone explain it's basic idea.
    Like it is a strategy game, command and conquer, fps, what is that you actually do in it.

• @Maounique It's a sandbox survival game where you gather resources to expand your existence. You start off with humble beginnings but eventually you build up to create vast and varied structures and systems.

• To sum it up: java based building block game with enemy's.

• @curtisg said: enemy's

Enemies*

• So....it's like Age of Empires, but more restrictive, more expensive, and with crappier graphics?

• NickONickO Member

@user123 Isn't Age of Empires a simulation game?

• Never ever Played MineCraft. :(
    Barely have any idea about it as well.

• @NickO said: @user123 Isn't Age of Empires a simulation game?

Yes. You collect resources, build things with those resources, and build armies/workers. You also try to take over other people's territories. Came out in the 90s, iirc. I think Starcraft was pretty much the same game repackaged.

• @Voss said: I never fully understood why people are so obsessed with that game.

Maybe there's a nude patch?

• @Voss said: I never fully understood why people are so obsessed with that game.

Money.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited April 2013

@mnpeep said: Money.

Why? Is it salable in real world?

Edit: Offtopic: I never knew adwords/adsense can be placed in videos. Found this on a Minecraft youtube video.

• It is a sandbox game. You can make and do everything you want and only your imagination is the limit. (and the fact that you only got blocks :P)

It is a little bit like Gary's mod only bad graphics

• I personally spend my time in creative, alternating between building crazy stuff and blowing said crazy stuff to pieces. I <3 TNT, and E3-1240v2 CPUs. Also nice, Worldedit.

• @DalComp said: Edit: Offtopic: I never knew adwords/adsense can be placed in videos. Found this on a Minecraft youtube video.

@DalComp Not new..

• @DalComp said: I never knew adwords/adsense can be placed in videos.

wait what? O.o

• othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep

@user123 said
    I've been wondering...what IS Minecraft? :$

It's MSN with ZX-spectrum quality 3D graphics and a bit of farming/resource-management :D