Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Host House gone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Host House gone?

qhosterqhoster Member
edited April 2013 in General

http://thehosthouse.co.uk/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

Anybody heard from them lately or know something ?

Comments

• I heard their website got suspended.

• What about the actual server's (VPS-es) ?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I guess that is what happens when people think all they have to do to make a hosting company is to get some cheap shared hosting and sell dirt cheap VPS's without any business plan or financial backing.

I hope I am wrong, I dont like seeing deadpool'ing but sadly that is what happens when people chase the lowest price possible.

• Actually it is (was) a good service. We had few VPSes with them before 2 years with low RAM. But seems we got to move them in-house.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said: I guess that is what happens when people think all they have to do to make a hosting company is to get some cheap shared hosting and sell dirt cheap VPS's without any business plan or financial backing.

The Host House wasn't cheap at all to be honest, their regular prices were fairly average/high. A lot of deadpools suspend their own sites to cover it up, we've seen it before.

• I spoke to customer services this morning.
    They are looking to see if there is an issue...

• Site is working fine now...

• Too bad, I liked dem service

• sonicsonic Veteran

Working now.

• thhthh Member

Our billing and support site are hosted in a different Datacentre to all our VPS nodes. Seems hackers exploited the forum and were sending out SPAM so our account got suspended and the Datacentre did not inform us. Thanks to member proxima telephoning me I was able to quickly fix the issue. This did not affect any of our 3 master VPS servers, or any of the VPSs

• MunMun Member

@thh said: Our billing and support site are hosted in a different Datacentre to all our VPS nodes. Seems hackers exploited the forum and were sending out SPAM so our account got suspended and the Datacentre did not inform us. Thanks to member proxima telephoning me I was able to quickly fix the issue. This did not affect any of our 3 master VPS servers, or any of the VPSs

What forum software?