Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IonSwitch, LLC ★ KVM ★ NVME ★ SSD ★ Seattle, WA ★ First Month $0.50 ★ LIMITED TIME
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IonSwitch, LLC ★ KVM ★ NVME ★ SSD ★ Seattle, WA ★ First Month $0.50 ★ LIMITED TIME

IonSwitchIonSwitch Member, Host Rep

In the spirit of Halloween, we're going to give away 10 NVME1 plans (1GB RAM, 10GB NVMe Space, 1vCPU) at $0.50 for the first month, renewing at $4.50/month. We are also going to let you guys have at 30 SSD1 plans at the same price for the first month, renewing at $3.50. Use promocodes OCT17-SPOOKYNVME for NVMe and OCT17-SPOOKYSSD for our RAID10 SSD offering.

We've had some amazing feedback about the performance of our existing SSD offerings, lets see how folks like some of our new NVME E5 based hosts. We're really proud of our new 10GB active/active core, and want to bring NVME to the Seattle area. We may have also accidentally bought a full rack, so hit us up if you need colo.

IonSwitch, LLC is an affordable quality host based in Seattle, WA. Our team of multiple professionals who are heavily experienced in the network and hosting field has provided private hosting to partners. We offer a fairly uncommon location in Seattle, WA (at least in the low-end space), with a focus on fully redundant enterprise hardware and a very premium network with multiple peering links into our edge, resulting in high-end reliability at a very competitive price. We operate our own BGP Network (AS395970), which consists of Telia, Spectrum (Wave Broadband), Cogent, Hurricane Electric, and direct peering with over 100+ providers, some prime examples being Google, Amazon, TELUS, Dropbox, Google, and many more!

Hypervisor Specs:
(NVME)
-2x Intel Xeon E5-2670 CPU
-128GB RAM
-2x1TB Samsung 960 EVOs
-RAID1
-10Gbps uplink

-2x Intel Xeon E5-2650/70 CPU
-128GB RAM
-6x500GB Enterprise Grade SSD
-RAID10
-10Gbps uplink

NETWORK INFORMATION:
Sabey Intergate West - Seattle, WA, United States

OFFERS:

-1GB RAM
-1x vCPU
-10GB NVMe SSD
-1TB transfer
-1Gbps uplink
-1x IPv4
-/64 IPv6
-KVM/Virtualizor
-Coupon: None needed!
-$4.50/month (FIRST MONTH ONLY $0.50!)
-$45.00/year (2 Months Free)
-Order link https://clients.ionswitch.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=20&promocode=OCT17-SPOOKYNVME

-1GB RAM
-1x vCPU
-10GB RAID 10 SSD
-1TB transfer
-1Gbps uplink
-1x IPv4
-/64 IPv6
-KVM/Virtualizor
-Coupon: OCT17-SPOOKYSSD
-$3.50/month (FIRST MONTH ONLY $0.50!)
-$35.00/year (2 Months Free)
-Order link https://clients.ionswitch.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=1&promocode=OCT17-SPOOKYSSD

Comments

• Nick has been very nice and flexible. 10/10 will shill.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

Is it really NVMe?

Edit: resolved with support.

• Darn it, the 50 cent ones already all gone... D:

• LexLex Member

Hypervisor Specs:
    (NVME)
    -2x Intel Xeon E5-2670 CPU
    -128GB RAM
    -2x1TB Samsung 960 EVOs
    -RAID1
    -10Gbps uplink

OFFERS:
    -1GB RAM
    -1x vCPU
    -10GB NVMe SSD

By my basic AF math, you'll run out of space before you run out of ram.

Overselling at it's finest I presume?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@Lex Who cares as long people get access to their paid resources then shouldnt make no difference.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

Overselling at it's finest I presume?

@lex Thanks for the feedback -- The ram/disk disparity is simple availability of hosts, and a new offering for us.

We bought a number of identical hypervisors and its not worth paying someone to strip out ram and have to deal with tracking what server has what ram, make sure we stock the right spares, etc.

Once we get a feel for how the market works, we may move products around (more ram, etc) to better use resources, but right now, we expect some wasted ram -- and are completely ok with that. The flexibility of a single platform means we can move things around and not be concerned about hardware being for "SSD hosts", "NVME hosts", etc.

Nick (Ionswitch) and I are often on the LET Discord as well -- feel free to stop on by and heckle us there as well.

TLDR; Standardized configs on hypervisors.

• LexLex Member

@IonSwitch_Stan said:
    TLDR; Standardized configs on hypervisors.

Thank you for the explanation. I might pick you guys in the future if my current provider disappoints me :D

• hey @IonSwitch I see that you ban "Crawlers". I mainly use a lot of my cheap vps to run crawlers(particularly Scrapy spiders) but with my proxy subscriptions. So the main ip won't be used, the cpu never goes above 20%, usually stays around 5-15% though. Would that still be okay?

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

@ialwaysbecoding our terms of service don't allow crawlers.

• Is IonSwitch dead? Why is no one answering support tickets for outage?

Thanked by 1thetoad