Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need unlimited shared hosting for < $15 an year - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need unlimited shared hosting for < $15 an year

Comments

• @raindog308 said:

• think a 99.5% SLA will protect you ("Oh sorry, we were down for a day. But you have an SLA, so you get 1/365th refund...2.7 cents has been credited to your account. Sorry if you lost all your customers.")

Technically a 99.5% SLA will only start paying out after being down for about 2 days.

Even then, if your entire business is down a month, you'll get just under a dollar back. I hope your customers enjoy that dollar and dont spend it all in one place.

• @z0haib said:
    I hope it doesn't cost more than a VPS. Because I can get ~$1 VPS with more control and 1TB BW; right now I am already running $12 VPS (wont mention name but ArubaCloud is one example) with excellent support and I get dedicated IPs with them! I expect shared hosting to be cheaper than that.

Shared hosting comes with a few caveats for the provider, namely the licensing cost for cPanel, for example. Generally, shared hosting comes with decent support, so that's another cost. See where I'm going here?

@Francisco can offer low prices as he likely colocates equipment and has spare IPs that need to be given a use. Plus, if you thought providers gave you 24/7 dedicated CPU and RAM for the price, you're wrong -- those are generally oversold. (Usually not a problem if done properly)

• z0haibz0haib Member
    edited October 2017

@raindog308 said:

z0haib said: I hope it doesn't cost more than a VPS. Because I can get ~$1 VPS with more control and 1TB BW; right now I am already running $12 VPS (wont mention name but ArubaCloud is one example) with excellent support and I get dedicated IPs with them! I expect shared hosting to be cheaper than that.

Your expectations are jacked.

Shared hosting is more difficult to support than VPSes. Ask @Francisco what percentage of his tickets are BuyShared vs. BuyVM. You can get cheaper Shared than VPS because they can stack more users on the same hardware, but not with reasonable support.

$10/year probably means you're getting tickets answered 24 hours later. OK for you?

Why am I even asking, though...you

• think LowEndTalk is only a place to negotiate for better offers.

• are launching a membership business on a $10/year platform

• think a 99.5% SLA will protect you ("Oh sorry, we were down for a day. But you have an SLA, so you get 1/365th refund...2.7 cents has been credited to your account. Sorry if you lost all your customers.")

Can you please publish your URL? Because there's nothing the community enjoys more than watching the clueless go down in flames.

Not sure if you are trying to convince me I am stupid or being rude satisfies your ego. I am already convinced for the fact that I am made it too tight and people did gave me closer alternatives (I absolutely appreciate that). Any dumb person can see I am taking my chances here; I don't know what makes you moderator but I won't keep someone rude like you as a moderator of a community.

EDIT:
    Let me post you a community rule:

Do unto others. Don't do things that decades of netiquette have shown to be offensive. > Don't be That Guy. Don't break the rules. When in doubt, don't.

Just don't be a dick.

• @FlamesRunner said:

@z0haib said:
    I hope it doesn't cost more than a VPS. Because I can get ~$1 VPS with more control and 1TB BW; right now I am already running $12 VPS (wont mention name but ArubaCloud is one example) with excellent support and I get dedicated IPs with them! I expect shared hosting to be cheaper than that.

Shared hosting comes with a few caveats for the provider, namely the licensing cost for cPanel, for example. Generally, shared hosting comes with decent support, so that's another cost. See where I'm going here?

@Francisco can offer low prices as he likely colocates equipment and has spare IPs that need to be given a use. Plus, if you thought providers gave you 24/7 dedicated CPU and RAM for the price, you're wrong -- those are generally oversold. (Usually not a problem if done properly)

You are right, and I am getting some really nice feedback on buy shared. So I might as well just go with that. I might as well put down money for one more snack shak and just pay $15 to get one. I am also looking into https://www.onecloudy.net/shared.html and https://obambu.com/en/hosting/ to see which one of them compares better.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

z0haib said: Not sure if you are trying to convince me I am stupid or being rude satisfies your ego.

It's the first one.

z0haib said: Any dumb person can see I am taking my chances here; I don't know what makes you moderator but I won't keep someone rude like you as a moderator of a community.

So...you're firing me?

z0haib said: Let me post you a community rule:

Familiar with it.

The reason you're getting a negative reaction here is:

• you're asking for unreasonable things in a summer host way

• you're claiming to be launching a business on $10/year hosting

• you're telling us the only reason you're here is to negotiate with people (the site is lowend_talk_)

• you're saying you don't really need us ("I can find buyshared hosting on google")

• you're telling us about your "expectations" and they're completely divorced from reality

You would have gotten a completely different reaction if you'd said "here's what I need, what's a reasonable price and a good provider?" Instead you came in like a clown asking for ridiculous resources and high levels of support for less than a dollar a month.

And you're surprised you get giggles?

z0haib said: the sole purpose of this forum is being able to talk to guys like you and cut a deal to get a win win situation

z0haib said: I can find buyshared hosting on google

z0haib said: Google rox!

I hope you and Google are very happy together.

• z0haibz0haib Member
    edited October 2017

@raindog308 said:

z0haib said: Not sure if you are trying to convince me I am stupid or being rude satisfies your ego.

It's the first one.

z0haib said: Any dumb person can see I am taking my chances here; I don't know what makes you moderator but I won't keep someone rude like you as a moderator of a community.

So...you're firing me?

z0haib said: Let me post you a community rule:

Familiar with it.

The reason you're getting a negative reaction here is:

• you're asking for unreasonable things in a summer host way

• you're claiming to be launching a business on $10/year hosting

• you're telling us the only reason you're here is to negotiate with people (the site is lowend_talk_)

• you're saying you don't really need us ("I can find buyshared hosting on google")

• you're telling us about your "expectations" and they're completely divorced from reality

You would have gotten a completely different reaction if you'd said "here's what I need, what's a reasonable price and a good provider?" Instead you came in like a clown asking for ridiculous resources and high levels of support for less than a dollar a month.

And you're surprised you get giggles?

z0haib said: the sole purpose of this forum is being able to talk to guys like you and cut a deal to get a win win situation

z0haib said: I can find buyshared hosting on google

z0haib said: Google rox!

I hope you and Google are very happy together.

I was waiting for such a dickish reply from you. I am fine getting giggles; just not being personally attacked by you. Go get yourself checked, the minor power of moderator has gone to your head too much.

EDIT: Oh btw I won't spend time making bullets for you replying on each one of your arguments, that's how stupid I think you are. BURN!

edited October 2017

z0haib said: I was waiting for such a dickish reply from you.

...? You were waiting?

z0haib said: just not being personally attacked by you.

Can you provide an example? I commented on your actions. The personal attacks in this thread have mostly come from you.

• @raindog308 said:

z0haib said: I was waiting for such a dickish reply from you.

...? You were waiting?

I can sympathize with you on the agony you have to prove yourself right.

z0haib said: just not being personally attacked by you.

Can you provide an example? I commented on your actions. The personal attacks in this thread have mostly come from you.

Oh so you don't know when you were attacking me? Here is when you crossed the line:

Can you please publish your URL? Because there's nothing the community enjoys more than watching the clueless go down in flames.

You couldn't have lived without that last line do you? Anyways I can sympathize and really don't care about thread or community with dicks like you. Ban me, delete this thread to hide your ego getting hurt, or whatever. Doesn't matter!

If that "attack" riled you, you're a bit thin-skinned for the Internet.

z0haib said: really don't care about thread or community

Yeah I think we got that.

• z0haibz0haib Member
    edited October 2017

@raindog308 said:
    If that "attack" riled you, you're a bit thin-skinned for the Internet.

OMG you opened my eyes... I always used to think that as an "attack". Makes me wonder how many times you got away with this argument.

z0haib said: really don't care about thread or community

Yeah I think we got that.

Perfect example of your tunnel vision just cherry picking parts from "really don't care about thread or community with dicks like you."

• What do you consider a "quick ticket response"?

• z0haibz0haib Member
    edited October 2017

@Ishaq said:
    What do you consider a "quick ticket response"?

Ack within a hour and timely updates/fixes. I know some issues can't be fixed right away but I should know what's going on. 1 day of opened tickets is not acceptable.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited October 2017

@z0haib said: Ack within a hour and timely updates/fixes. I know some issues can't be fixed right away but I should know what's going on. 1 day of opened tickets is not acceptable.

You've stated what you think is unacceptable, now do you think 3-4 cents a day is acceptable for a host to hire staff 24 hours a day just so you can get a reply within an hour?

Are you available for hire? I'm sure many hosts would be willing to hire a support monkey for 5 cents a day.

• @z0haib said:
    ... buy shared.... also looking into https://www.onecloudy.net/shared.html and https://obambu.com/en/hosting/ to see which one of them compares better.

Is that so? What exactly is it that you are comparing? Just asking because I wonder what it's based on. Brochure promises?

Btw, I agree with @raindog308 and think that you are a dumb fuck; clueless with a big snout. You are very lucky that the mods here are about 10000 miles above you and haven't yet banned you.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • z0haibz0haib Member
    edited October 2017

@bsdguy said:

@z0haib said:
    ... buy shared.... also looking into https://www.onecloudy.net/shared.html and https://obambu.com/en/hosting/ to see which one of them compares better.

Is that so? What exactly is it that you are comparing? Just asking because I wonder what it's based on. Brochure promises?

Btw, I agree with @raindog308 and think that you are a dumb fuck; clueless with a big snout. You are very lucky that the mods here are about 10000 miles above you and haven't yet banned you.

First I have already got hosting from someone under my budget and I don't have any obligations to explain you what or why!

Second let's set the plane even here. I would have relied on a promise by someone unknown here no? It's not like you, and your 10000 miles above moderators would have fight for me if anyone here providing me hosting fucks me up. Just using dumb fuck in your sentence doesn't prove me anything. If you wanna suck the moderators dick go ahead, be my guest; I won't be the one giving him blow jobs just because he gives you platform to do the same shit that someone random on internet might do.

So

suck it

@Ishaq said:

@z0haib said: Ack within a hour and timely updates/fixes. I know some issues can't be fixed right away but I should know what's going on. 1 day of opened tickets is not acceptable.

You've stated what you think is unacceptable, now do you think 3-4 cents a day is acceptable for a host to hire staff 24 hours a day just so you can get a reply within an hour?

Are you available for hire? I'm sure many hosts would be willing to hire a support monkey for 5 cents a day.

Agreed and convinced. What I am not able to wrap my head around is the fact that VPS is cheap and shared hosting is not. You need more infra for VPS but it's not that you won't have any support tickets at all :/. What do you think would be right price for my requirements? As I mentioned I found a hosting already but after this whole chaos I would love to know.

• @z0haib said:
    Just using dumb fuck in your sentence doesn't prove me anything.

Neither does bolding it, smartass.

• @FlamesRunner said:

@z0haib said:
    Just using dumb fuck in your sentence doesn't prove me anything.

Neither does bolding it, smartass.

Yep it doesn't :P

• I like @z0haib video self-portrait, though. Matches quite well with how I imagined her.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @z0haib said: What I am not able to wrap my head around is the fact that VPS is cheap and shared hosting is not.

My point wasn't about the price differences between shared and VPS, rather that you were expecting <1 hour human involvement for that price as it's usually only provided to clients paying 3-4 digits per month.

Something to consider with shared hosting that is done correctly is there are more licensing costs involved compared to VPS servers.

• @bsdguy said:
    I like @z0haib video self-portrait, though. Matches quite well with how I imagined her.

OMG such a cool joke, I am dying laughing... should get a noble prize for this! I have similar one too... I have never seen such a best sucker of dicks guy!

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2017

@z0haib

People need to eat too.. the fact your settling on 80 pennies hosts that promise everything from world to heaven and comparing their advertised quality just upsets this community.

When your shopping for a quality shared hosting, with fast support responses, 15€/m is a normal price.

• Come on, guys. Stop being rude to him. He just asked for recommendation, no need to attack him.

OP, you should check out this provider, very cheap and high quality http://mzunguhosting.ml

• Frankly, no. 15$/yr vpss are feasible with a small profit with guys like myself, i.e. customers who know their shit, who very rarely need support, who pretty much never even get close to using 80% of the resources, who don't create security holes gaping wide open due to improper configs, and who do not even think in terms like "unlimited", etc.

Which pretty much translates to even small vpss (say, 1vCore, 256MB, 5GB, 250GB) at 18$/yr are hardly supportable with average customers. One thing or the other has to give; either the provider rides a hard line and is quick to draw his revolver or he simply shits on everything (which is not really smart either because rather sooner than later reputation goes down and frequency of police visits goes up ...).

And it's not even the technical resources that are the big problem. Processors can be split down mercilessly and most providers have plenty of old machines anyway. The real problem is human resources, both as in adminstrating and caretaking of machines and as in support, the latter being particularly hard to calculate or automate.

So what do you do in the low end of the low end segment? Either you ask a higher price or you cut down support pretty much to pre-sales and canned "please, have a look at our knowledge base" responses.

That's why I personally have good experiences with quite some LE providers here but would never ever recommend a client of mine to buy there (I know them. They will need support and their expectations will be not low); I always send them to a well known brand name provider. And, come on, 100$/year gets you a quite nice VPS yet it's pocket change for my clients or even most local bakeries.

I recommend to closely follow and to consider what people like @Clouvider have to say. They fucking know their business.

Thanked by 2Clouvider hostdare
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@z0haib said:

@bsdguy said:
    I like @z0haib video self-portrait, though. Matches quite well with how I imagined her.

OMG such a cool joke, I am dying laughing... should get a noble prize for this! I have similar one too... I have never seen such a best sucker of dicks guy!

The line was about 100 yards back from where you were standing when you posted this.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2017

Good riddance. Im sure he'll be happy with that onecloudy who will ban his ass after 1 week and cash out full prize later from the payment plan.

2€ for 3 years and when hes forgotten about them, they'll charge 360€

• @jarland Why was he banned?

• @doghouch said:
    @jarland Why was he banned?

He basically said that he shouldve been banned many posts ago.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@doghouch said:

I'm pretty relaxed most of the time and the back and forth here seemed mutual enough to not intervene, but that post I quoted above was a step beyond what I was willing to just scroll past.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • jarland said: that post I quoted above was a step beyond what I was willing to just scroll past.

To be fair, it was in retort to being called a dumb fuck. Not that I advocate action on that, but he was just giving what he was getting.

Though, the OP original request was fair to scrutiny... this place isn't exactly accommodating at times... he spoke more reasonably than his expectations of service/price were reasonable.

• @jarland said:

@doghouch said:

I'm pretty relaxed most of the time and the back and forth here seemed mutual enough to not intervene, but that post I quoted above was a step beyond what I was willing to just scroll past.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying =)