Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need unlimited shared hosting for < $15 an year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need unlimited shared hosting for < $15 an year

z0haibz0haib Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

I need a server for running a URL shortner:

• 20+ GB space
  • 1TB+ bandwidth
  • PHP 7.0+
  • MySQL
  • Unlimited domains
  • Atleast 99.5% SLA
  • Quick ticket responses
  • It should be fast!

$15 / year maximum I can pay.

Comments

• Do you believe unlimited exists?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited October 2017

As another thread discussed, unlimited isn't really a thing. Realistically you should set an actual number. Or you should increase your budget and go for some of the bigger companies who have a clause stating unlimited = "a lot of space". I doubt you'll get it for $12/year, considering a lot of companies are doing 1-5GB for $5-10/Year.

EDIT: As you've changed to 20GB Space. Your budget is really close to the BuyShared price. If you can raise it from $12 to $15 you can get their 20GB package. https://buyshared.net/shared-cpanel-hosting/

EDIT 2: Now you've edited your budget down to $10, I don't think it helps.

• @Ishaq said:
    Do you believe unlimited exists?

@Ho-ost said:
    As another thread discussed, unlimited isn't really a thing. Realistically you should set an actual number. Or you should increase your budget and go for some of the bigger companies who have a clause stating unlimited = "a lot of space". I doubt you'll get it for $12/year, considering a lot of companies are doing 1-5GB for $5-10/Year. Good luck

Ok I made it more realistic. If shared can't do this I can find yearly VPS for that price.

edited October 2017

@z0haib said:

@Ishaq said:

@Ho-ost said:
    As another thread discussed, unlimited isn't really a thing. Realistically you should set an actual number. Or you should increase your budget and go for some of the bigger companies who have a clause stating unlimited = "a lot of space". I doubt you'll get it for $12/year, considering a lot of companies are doing 1-5GB for $5-10/Year. Good luck

Ok I made it more realistic. If shared can't do this I can find yearly VPS for that price.

It's better, but slim pickings I'd say. See my edit.

• @Ho-ost said:

@z0haib said:

@Ishaq said:

@Ho-ost said:

Got it but if it was for getting something everyone is already offering I won't have bothered spending my time posting here. I can find buyshared hosting on google (not trying to sound rude just making a point).

edited October 2017

@z0haib said:

@Ho-ost said:

@z0haib said:

@Ishaq said:

@Ho-ost said:

Got it but if it was for getting something everyone is already offering I won't have bothered spending my time posting here. I can find buyshared hosting on google (not trying to sound rude just making a point).

I take no offence but disagree with your point. Realistically you can find any hosting company that has indexing enabled on Google. Was just a suggestion though. Hope you find something that suits your needs & budget.

• 20GB space and 1TB BW on shared hosting is quite a high requirenment for such a budget. So come back in a month, BF & CM is coming.

• Well turns out I found one with $1 / month and it's fitting my budget :D

• 200GB
    • 1TB

Google rox! https://www.liveinhost.com/shared-hosting/

• @z0haib said:
    Well turns out I found one with $1 / month and it's fitting my budget :D

• 200GB
    • 1TB

Your OP says you need unlimited domains. Those packages are only 1, 3 and 200.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Ho-ost said:

@z0haib said:

• 200GB
    • 1TB

Well what can I say; read thread above and everyone was like impossible with this much space and this much bandwidth. Nobody ever objected/mentioned domains. I guess the sole purpose of this forum is being able to talk to guys like you and cut a deal to get a win win situation. In my case 5+ domains was a win win, people were stuck so far behind on first two bullets (and yes they were most important), I didn't get a chance to go down the line.

Oh BTW if I pay them $11 I can get hosting for a whole year, and I will use the $1 for negotiating on more domains :)

Do you have a better deal :P?

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
    edited October 2017

@z0haib said:

@Ho-ost said:

@z0haib said:

• 200GB
    • 1TB

Well what can I say; read thread above and everyone was like impossible with this much space and this much bandwidth. Nobody ever objected/mentioned domains. I guess the sole purpose of this forum is being able to talk to guys like you and cut a deal to get a win win situation. In my case 5+ domains was a win win, people were stuck so far behind on first two bullets (and yes they were most important), I didn't get a chance to go down the line.

Oh BTW if I pay them $11 I can get hosting for a whole year, and I will use the $1 for negotiating on more domains :)

Agreed that you have the right to negotiate with providers who are open to it here. That's totally fine. I just think your request was a bit too much for an every day deal. I'd also like to note that site classifies it as Gb and not GB, and I haven't seen anything that clarifies it as GigaByte and not GigaBit?

I wish I did have a better deal for you, but unfortunately it's a bit too much disk space and a domain limit would be needed. Maybe you'll get some offers a bit later when US based providers come online.

• @Ho-ost said:

@z0haib said:

@Ho-ost said:

@z0haib said:

• 200GB
    • 1TB

Agreed that you have the right to negotiate with providers who are open to it here. That's totally fine. I just think your request was a bit too much for an every day deal. I'd also like to note that site classifies it as Gb and not GB, and I haven't seen anything that clarifies it as GigaByte and not GigaBit?

I wish I did have a better deal for you, but unfortunately it's a bit too much disk space and a domain limit would be needed. Maybe you'll get some offers a bit later when US based providers come online.

Yep I noticed Gb too, I have already contacted their service. Though if you got second step of order it says "unlimited bandwidth" there which leads me to believe it's typical 1TB bandwidth limit; but still confirming.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @z0haib said:
    Yep I noticed Gb too, I have already contacted their service. Though if you got second step of order it says "unlimited bandwidth" there which leads me to believe it's typical 1TB bandwidth limit; but still confirming.

Indeed. Looking at their terms, you can get a one month trial. So that may be an idea for you.

There is no refund policy that we offer to our customers. We only provided Free one month hosting for Shared Hosting plan.

• bersybersy Member
    edited October 2017

OK then, theck this option https://obambu.com/en/hosting/, it's a bit over your budget though and I'm not sure whether they support PHP7 as well as how quick is their ticket response time etc... :) The point is you are looking for kind of a decent option withing kind of a shitty budget, and it just doesn't work this way. But still it might be available on special occasions like BF for example.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2017

Use at ur own risk lol. They are known to terminate people.

This request is so stupid, that this answer might be just what ur looking for.

They terminated me because of resource overusage when I uploaded my websites with 100 GB data.

https://www.onecloudy.net/life.html

• 50% Life Time Recurring offer for any Service

Coupon Code : 50OFF

• $2 for 3 years for Shared Hosting One Master Package

Coupon Code : 358OFF

• $10 for 3 years for Reseller Hosting R Master package
      Coupon Code: 710OFF

• $20 for 3 years for Master Reseller Master Package.
      Coupon Code: 1060OFF

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

So who do you propose that they hire to quickly answer those tickets for less than $1/m?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @jarland said:
    So who do you propose that they hire to quickly answer those tickets for less than $1/m?

Well, Onecloudy has that covered. All tickets get instant reply: "NO SUPPORT".

Thanked by 3jar bersy Pwner
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

fast hosting and fast support do not come with cheap prices as support and good hardware and network cost money

• increase your budget and go with buyshared. PERIOD!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@z0haib said:
    I guess the sole purpose of this forum is being able to talk to guys like you and cut a deal to get a win win situation.

No it's not.

• summer host about to frazzle?

• @bersy said:
    OK then, theck this option https://obambu.com/en/hosting/, it's a bit over your budget though and I'm not sure whether they support PHP7 as well as how quick is their ticket response time etc... :) The point is you are looking for kind of a decent option withing kind of a shitty budget, and it just doesn't work this way. But still it might be available on special occasions like BF for example.

Thanks for that :D

@stefeman said:
    Use at ur own risk lol. They are known to terminate people.

This request is so stupid, that this answer might be just what ur looking for.

They terminated me because of resource overusage when I uploaded my websites with 100 GB data.

https://www.onecloudy.net/life.html

• 50% Life Time Recurring offer for any Service

Coupon Code : 50OFF

• $2 for 3 years for Shared Hosting One Master Package

Coupon Code : 358OFF

• $10 for 3 years for Reseller Hosting R Master package
      Coupon Code: 710OFF

• $20 for 3 years for Master Reseller Master Package.
      Coupon Code: 1060OFF

Great! Thanks for letting me know

@hostdare said:
    fast hosting and fast support do not come with cheap prices as support and good hardware and network cost money

I hope it doesn't cost more than a VPS. Because I can get ~$1 VPS with more control and 1TB BW; right now I am already running $12 VPS (wont mention name but ArubaCloud is one example) with excellent support and I get dedicated IPs with them! I expect shared hosting to be cheaper than that.

@Chalipa said:
    increase your budget and go with buyshared. PERIOD!

Seems like you had a good experience.

• WSSWSS Member

You do realize that a URL redirector needs no DB and the overhead should be fairly minimal. Also, I don't buy 'unlimited domains' for a URL redirector, either. Very fishy.

That said, I screwed up and built my first URL redirector using MySQL because I was doing a lot of SQL stuff at the time. When you have a hammer..

I saw this thread last night and was surprised it didn't turn into a pile-on. It eventually did, but not without reason.

• @WSS said:
    You do realize that a URL redirector needs no DB and the overhead should be fairly minimal. Also, I don't buy 'unlimited domains' for a URL redirector, either. Very fishy.

That said, I screwed up and built my first URL redirector using MySQL because I was doing a lot of SQL stuff at the time. When you have a hammer..

I saw this thread last night and was surprised it didn't turn into a pile-on. It eventually did, but not without reason.

One with membership and customization will need one.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

z0haib said: I hope it doesn't cost more than a VPS. Because I can get ~$1 VPS with more control and 1TB BW; right now I am already running $12 VPS (wont mention name but ArubaCloud is one example) with excellent support and I get dedicated IPs with them! I expect shared hosting to be cheaper than that.

dunno but shared hosting can be more messy than vps because of unsecured sites and little caring customers about their sites.

• WSSWSS Member

@z0haib said:

One with membership and customization will need to afford to pay more than a dollar a month. Run ads.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • @WSS said:

@z0haib said:

One with membership and customization will need to afford to pay more than a dollar a month. Run ads.

I tried that last time and as expected failed. This time I am doing a full version with reports graphs, stats and everything. That's why I was looking for unlimited initially but after this thread figured let me make first 20 customers and then update with more money to unlimited.

• z0haib said: I expect shared hosting to be cheaper than that.

It does in general, if we are talking about the same lowend segment. But it doesn't mean that shared hosting and VPS will come with the same disk, bandwidth, domains amount... So you can easly expect to find $3-5/y lowend shared, but don't expect it to be big, fast and reliable at the same time.

• $10 a year shared hosting with quick response tickets, 20gb+ of space, and 1TB of bandwidth. Lol... I wonder if @z0haib knows how much support costs. Never mind the cost of hardware, transit.

@z0haib, I don't know what your definition of excellent support is, but in my book excellent support means that when shit hits the fan, the providers step up to the plate and help you out to remedy the situation. Your "excellent support" obviously has never met a situation like this, because no provider in the $10 a year range for shared hosting or $12 VPS a year will provide you "excellent support" for that price.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

z0haib said: I hope it doesn't cost more than a VPS. Because I can get ~$1 VPS with more control and 1TB BW; right now I am already running $12 VPS (wont mention name but ArubaCloud is one example) with excellent support and I get dedicated IPs with them! I expect shared hosting to be cheaper than that.

Your expectations are jacked.

Shared hosting is more difficult to support than VPSes. Ask @Francisco what percentage of his tickets are BuyShared vs. BuyVM. You can get cheaper Shared than VPS because they can stack more users on the same hardware, but not with reasonable support.

$10/year probably means you're getting tickets answered 24 hours later. OK for you?

Why am I even asking, though...you

• think LowEndTalk is only a place to negotiate for better offers.

• are launching a membership business on a $10/year platform

• think a 99.5% SLA will protect you ("Oh sorry, we were down for a day. But you have an SLA, so you get 1/365th refund...2.7 cents has been credited to your account. Sorry if you lost all your customers.")

Can you please publish your URL? Because there's nothing the community enjoys more than watching the clueless go down in flames.