Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Passive income? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Passive income?

Comments

• Newb services wouldn't be passive income.

Donations are passive, although random in nature and often hard to lure.

Advertising and product sales are the two most common passive methods.

• LeeLee Veteran

@raindog308 said: Bank of England has considered negative interest rates - you pay to keep your money in the bank.

It's not an entirely ridiculous idea - after all, you get security (vs. hiding it under your mattress), ability to use it online, etc.

If that means that they are not allowed to use it for lending purposes which is why they pay the interest in the first place then all good.

• @pubcrawler said: Donations are passive, although random in nature and often hard to lure.

Go with this one. Ask @joepie91 to teach him some tricks!

• Make a scam HYIP... Then run..

• invest in bonds or stocks

• Bonds and stocks are a sure way to LOSE money. Well at least in the last 6 years and certainly inflation adjusted against any "gains".

I agree with @concerto49. @joepie91 manages an interesting existence with alternative income. Think there is some newsworthiness in how he does it.

• @pubcrawler said: Bonds and stocks are a sure way to LOSE money. Well at least in the last 6 years and certainly inflation adjusted against any "gains".

in US maybe its bad =)

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Websites are a great source of passive income, if you create a website that doesn't require constant updates.

• @rds100 said: for a year it's 4-5% which for 100k EUR is nothing, but on the other hand if you have 100k EUR and have no better idea...

Here in Sri Lanka annual interest in government banks for fixed deposits is about 13-14% private banks give up to 17%

• @Ruchirablog i guess you have a lot of inflation then.

• RuchirablogRuchirablog Member
    edited April 2013

@rds100 said: i guess you have a lot of inflation then.

Not much but hovers around 2-8% on any given year. But depositing 100k in a government bank is enough to make a nice living here. And you can trust the bank

• @Ruchirablog said: And you can trust the bank

More or less... :D

• @William said: More or less... :D

Government protection ^_^

• @Ruchirablog said: Here in Sri Lanka annual interest in government banks for fixed deposits is about 13-14% private banks give up to 17%

Wow, that is very nice! Warren Buffet might read this thread.

• @jcaleb said: invest in bonds or stocks

Bonds or stocks
    Bondage or stockings
    James Bond or Chicken Stock

• ztecztec Member
    edited April 2013

Create an information product which you can market by setting up an autoresponder on your newsletter. This gives me a decent set of wheels and roof with so much free time I pretty much get an identity crisis every 4 to 6 months.

• @ztec said: Create an information product which you can market by setting up an autoresponder on your newsletter. This gives me a decent set of wheels and roof with so much free time I pretty much get an identity crisis every 4 to 6 months.

Can you expound

• IntcsIntcs Member

I'd buy wikipedia, nearly 150 internal employees with probably the biggest donation collection potential for anything in the whole world. I'd send the "donation announcement" over users during the whole year instead of just once, also, increase employees with 10-15 more (healthy and powerful) men, hire a security guy, and hire a CEO. Then I'd retire and concentrate on charity and stuff, and just be the next Bill Gates =)

• @Intcs said: I'd buy wikipedia,

explain please!

• @Ruchirablog said: explain please!

It wont be passive income, if he attempts to explain!!!

• upload some vids on youtube, turn on ads and leave it running. I made about 15 dollars a month from there with less than 10 videos.

• @cosmicgate said: upload some vids on youtube, turn on ads and leave it running. I made about 15 dollars a month from there with less than 10 videos.

what kind of videos?

• JacobJacob Member

Videos of videos, of videos and then of more videos, maybe...?

@jcaleb said:

what kind of videos?

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Ruchirablog said: Government protection ^_^

We had the same government protection here, but then the county collapsed. 22 years later some people are still waiting to get their money back.

• bnmklbnmkl Member

Rent out a room.

@jcaleb ... What kind of videos ?

Ones with preview thumbnails that have nothing to do with the video.

@Ruchirablog ... Sri Lanka annual interest for fixed deposits is 13-14%, up to 17%.

@Ruchirablog, would @superpilesos still get protection as a foreigner and afford to live in a western style property ?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

In fact something like video reviews can be nice option, post on youtube, turn on the ads

• yeah as per @pubcrawler, make a VPS tutorial ebook or something - sell for 7USD...

• IntcsIntcs Member

@Ruchirablog said: explain please!

Buy it, and squeeze more of it, period. And YES, I'm not good in business and my module can fail and get Wikipedia into the deadpool. Lesson 1: You should be brave.

• @vedran said: We had the same government protection here, but then the county collapsed. 22 years later some people are still waiting to get their money back.

Whats your country? Well it wont happen instantly right? You can always move out if you sense that it will collapse.

• @bnmkl said: would @superpilesos still get protection as a foreigner and afford to live in a western style property ?

Yes why not? By means of protection I was telling that you can trust the government banks. It wont go bankrupt anytime soon. And if it ever will, it wont be instant so you get plenty of time to move out

@Intcs said: Buy it, and squeeze more of it, period. And YES, I'm not good in business and my module can fail and get Wikipedia into the deadpool. Lesson 1: You should be brave.

How can you buy wikipedia for 100K eur ?