Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server in Dallas, TX USA -->Client in China "ping to high" - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server in Dallas, TX USA -->Client in China "ping to high"

2»

Comments

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Clouvider said: Because it's hard to insure. It falls on banks who need to judge fairly.

I know, but they don't even consider any of my evidence, showing quite clearly that the customer is in the wrong and not us. However, even when calling them up and explaining the situation do they grant the refund to the customer. If we are lucky we don't have to pay any transaction fees,

• a2razora2razor Member
    edited September 2017

@Clouvider said:
    It doesn't really matter. If Chinese user wants to buy in the West, they need to respect western rules. Or more and more often hit the wall in a form of outright block of orders from their country. It's as simple as that.

Equally, if the contract does not guarantee you have any sort of latency or packet loss to China, then you have no right to receive your money back.

This is a fair view as long as there's no trial-period nor any length of satisfaction-guarantee of service. (given we're talking of cancellations shortly after a purchase)

That said, I wonder how many people actually open a pre-sales ticket if they have specific needs... Or, at least fill out the "intended use" section of an order form.

• I know I've always made it abundantly clear what my use and expectations were before signing up in the gaming days. People should do this IMO, the best way to avoid confrontations and misunderstanding is to just be upfront with what you want to do.

@TheLinuxBug said:
    If for example you use a provider that uses something like Noction or use a premium provider like InterNap or PhoenixNap which use MIRO then routes to any location could change at any time and a single test from a Looking Glass can not be seen as what you will 'always get'!

^ +1000, seriously.

I can't overstate how many times I've had to request custom shunts to be added with Internap, and this is why I no longer use them for "personal proxies". Automatic route optimization does not mix well with trying to do your own manual routing.

For reliability it's best to buy a ton of budget servers on cheap networks with relatively fixed routes and do it yourself with mptcp, OpenVPN + ifenslave (mirroring), or similar. Yet, still need an expensive reliable server at the endpoint for assembly and delivery to the destination.

Sadly I think most people expect MIRO to be a magic-cure for any connection hickups.

• @Pzea said:
    I give a full refund for each customer's first order 30 days.

My intention is to pick the best customer or let a good customer come back and avoid dispute refund, if open a dispute i will use full time refuse him.

They have a lot of reasons for the refund, bad customers I will refuse his second time.

few dollars can not get rich, I need take time to find more stable big customers.

really?
    I will ask for refund every 29th, is it okay?

• sureiamsureiam Member
    edited October 2017

Why not just move him to your LA location? If you say no refunds after a certain time it's their responsibility to understand that. If he comes back though and says "hey can you move me to LA my ping sucks" that seems perfectly reasonable to me. If it costs more charge more, if it's the same then no harm done I suppose.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

@gongyi said:
    I think some of them just care about the low price. it is hard to submit a ticket to refund in english, the simplest way to get money back is disputing in paypal when they are not happy to use them , no reason , it is a habit !

You should know we chinese buy anything in TaoBao (one brand of alibaba) or some other e-commerce platforms can get money back with no reason in 7~ 15 days , you just need to submit a button .

Do Not Be Surprised , this is the truth in China .

In Germany we also have a 14 days return/money back protection law in place for internet deals. You can request money back within 14 days without any reason (Fernabsatz).

• @gongyi said:
    I think some of them just care about the low price. it is hard to submit a ticket to refund in english, the simplest way to get money back is disputing in paypal when they are not happy to use them , no reason , it is a habit !

You should know we chinese buy anything in TaoBao (one brand of alibaba) or some other e-commerce platforms can get money back with no reason in 7~ 15 days , you just need to submit a button .

Do Not Be Surprised , this is the truth in China .

You have great amount of potential customers from China, please take the responsibility to make sure everyone know that "paypal dispute is not a good way to solve problem".

Yes, what you said about "Taobao" and "JD" is true, but don't take for granted(and some proud from your words).

As an affiliate, we both know how service providers-out-of-China works and what they expect for, and what they dislike.

Please, writing something about this problem and make these potential customers realize the difference and avoid these mistakes.

• What is your take on a person from China buying a VPS on a server in TX and then immediately cancelling because they can't bother to test beforehand?

If there is a looking glass or speed test file, the customer should be blamed for "not testing beforehand".

The network quality is quite complex, my VPS from Virmach New York data center performs much faster than it offers in LA and San Jose(colocrossing). VPS in Dallas(psychz) is faster than those in LA and San Jose(colocrossing) too.

What @gongyi said is right, some just care about the low price. If you really want to avoid these trouble, set all your low end packages "non-refundable" and put it on a place cannot be ignored.