Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a Paypal subscription? YOU maintain it!!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a Paypal subscription? YOU maintain it!!!!

DamianDamian Member
edited April 2013 in Providers

Nothing ruins your day like a former client not cancelling their Paypal subscription, then OPENING A DISPUTE about it instead of just contacting us. What the fuck. We're not the ones maintaining YOUR subscription. What the hell is wrong with people!?

/rant

Comments

• You need to auto cancel it once the client cancelled their service.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited April 2013

Oh my god, so true. Multiple times I've seen people complaining about us on WHT because we have no ability to cancel their paypal subscription.

Also, for the stupid: https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp?cmd=_help&solutionId=27715&t=solutionTab

@serverian said: You need to auto cancel it once the client cancelled their service.

The thing is, unless there's some magical hot sauce solution I've not seen, neither WHMCS nor Paypal offer any way for the PROVIDER to do this, only the client.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@serverian said: You need to auto cancel it once the client cancelled their service.

No, you need to sort it yourself. If you forget to manage you own subs, it's your problem, not the service providers.

• And this is why I'll never setup a paypal subscription and prefer to pay my bills manually every month.

• @Rallias said: The thing is, unless there's some magical hot sauce solution I've not seen, neither WHMCS nor Paypal offer any way for the PROVIDER to do this, only the client.

>

Paypal does.

• HAHA

Had this argument with a member here today who told me that every host he has been with cancelled subscriptions etc for them. I thought not..

• RophRoph Member

Perhaps a big red warning in account / service termination emails about cancelling paypal subscriptions?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited April 2013

@Jack said: NAME AND SHAME

Im hoping they might see this and actually have the decency to apologize.

@Roph said: Perhaps a big red warning in account / service termination emails about cancelling paypal subscriptions?

We have this. Apparently people don't read, that must be our job too.

• @HalfEatenPie said: And this is why I'll never setup a paypal subscription and prefer to pay my bills manually every month.

To be honest, paypal subscriptions are convienent. Except for when you have multiple... I think at one point I had 3 with one provider.

@BradND said: Paypal does.

Well, end game, WHMCS doesn't. When you're at the scale of 1500+ customers, with any given month up to 300-500 canceling for second or beyond month, constant service improvements, and the constant drone of support tickets, it becomes non-cost-effective to go thru, especially when only one person has access to the paypal account itself.

• @Rallias said: To be honest, paypal subscriptions are convienent. Except for when you have multiple... I think at one point I had 3 with one provider.

Its convenient but then when you cancel the service/forget and the money constantly drains out then that's where the problem is. I'd rather remove the entire risk of it all.

edited April 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Its convenient but then when you cancel the service/forget and the money constantly drains out then that's where the problem is. I'd rather remove the entire risk of it all.

Surely you get a payment receipt from PayPal when a subscription payment goes out? I know we do for our business account.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Its convenient but then when you cancel the service/forget and the money constantly drains out then that's where the problem is. I'd rather remove the entire risk of it all.

THIS. I have 1 paypal subscription, it's to Put.io. It's a service I KNOW I'll use in the future and I'll LOVE in the future. But for many VPS providers, especially in the LEB world of deadpools ( @Liam We need a deadpool monthly ), you really shouldn't have a subscription.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Surely you get a payment receipt from PayPal when a subscription payment goes out? I know we do for our business account.

Actually, I'm not sure because I've never even touched the subscription button. I'd actually be interested in this.

@Rallias said: THIS. I have 1 paypal subscription, it's to Put.io. It's a service I KNOW I'll use in the future and I'll LOVE in the future. But for many VPS providers, especially in the LEB world of deadpools ( @Liam We need a deadpool monthly ), you really shouldn't have a subscription.

What's put.io?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I put this in my terms
    I send that specific info as an email after sign up
    I put the information in the main email that contains IP info etc so it cannot be missed.
    I have a knowledge base about it
    I have a question during sign up to say they understand it is their responsibility
    Yet this happens at least once p/month.

I wont even communicate with them over it if the first I hear is a paypal dispute, service = terminated, escalate to claim, call paypal, "Hello this is a service" done.

Very Very annoying, as Tim said, you can put a glass of water in front of someone, what makes you think they will drink it?

• @HalfEatenPie said: What's put.io?

Basically a seedbox specifically for public trackers.

• @Nekki said: No, you need to sort it yourself. If you forget to manage you own subs, it's your problem, not the service providers.

Yes, it's buyer's responsibility. However, if you want to avoid these kind of situations, you need to cancel them yourself.

• @Rallias said: The thing is, unless there's some magical hot sauce solution I've not seen, neither WHMCS nor Paypal offer any way for the PROVIDER to do this, only the client.

No joke please.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@GetKVM_Ash said: Surely you get a payment receipt from PayPal when a subscription payment goes out? I know we do for our business account.

Of course you do.

You sent an automatic payment
        Transaction ID: abc

Dear xyz,

You sent an automatic payment to Prometeus di Daniela Agro. Here are the details:
    edited April 2013

The thing is, even if we could cancel it, why would we? Its your PayPal account + your subscription.

My bank doesn't cancel direct debits for me, whats the difference? Oh wait, its the internet, where the customer is always right and the ISP is always wrong :P

@vedran

So when people let them go for two or three month's and they say "Why have you taken xx out of my account" they were even been informed it was happening haha.

Thank you :)

• This is the reason why we don't accept subscriptions, because people are just retarded and start complaining about how you "stole" money from them.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@GetKVM_Ash said: So when people let them go for two or three month's and they say "Why have you taken xx out of my account" they were even been informed it was happening haha.

Exactly. And also:

To change or cancel your agreement with Prometeus di Daniela Agro, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile, and click My money. Update your agreement in the "My preapproved payments" section.

>
    Yours sincerely,
    PayPal

Some people just don't read I guess

• TBH, it's not so much that they didn't cancel their subscription, it's that they didn't bother to contact us; we'll refund transactions that occurred because they forgot to cancel their subscription. I'm human too.

Instead, they just decided HURRR DURR IM GOING TO DISPUTE IT AS UNAUTHORIZED.

• If this happens the customer should talk to the host about refunding money instead of Paypal. Of course if the host refuses to refund the money the client is in the right to open a dispute

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@gsrdgrdghd said: client is in the right to open a dispute

Why, client was informed how these things work 4 times pre and post sale.

• Anyone interested in some WHMCS module that'll cancel the paypal subscriptions when the product is terminated for $5 one time fee?

• I don't mind refunding subscription payments when we're notified straight away, but i have a problem when people like to leave it months and then expect us to refund all the payments and have our financial accounts changed for those previous months.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I discovered that I can cancel subscriptions manually from this page:
    Recurring payments dashboard

I'm not sure when it was introduced and if it is available for all kind of accounts...

• @serverian Yes of course :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I hate Paypal Subscriptions more than anything else in the hosting world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had nothing but issues with it and now we're finding more bugs in the system that I am not liking that could potentially cost us hundreds of dollars. I've disabled them from our WHMCS install while we investigate. :(

• @serverian said: Anyone interested in some WHMCS module that'll cancel the paypal subscriptions when the product is terminated for $5 one time fee?

Yes.

@prometeus said: I discovered that I can cancel subscriptions manually from this page:

Recurring payments dashboard

I'm not sure when it was introduced and if it is available for all kind of accounts...

We have this too, but it's difficult to find subscriptions. We have several hundred on there, and I'm sure you have way more than we do. Another thought is: we didn't create the subscription in the first place; it shouldn't be our ward to cancel them.