Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't hold my tongue when it comes to Quick Packet - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I can't hold my tongue when it comes to Quick Packet

2»

Comments

• @qps said: We gave you instructions multiple times on how to properly download the OS templates, but you continued to either not understand or ignore our instructions.

yes you told me last minute when my server down and i cant do nothing about it

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@casper253 said: Now you telling me about this when my server been cancle and it was down for 27 days

Not to sound harsh, but since you weren't capable of loading a SolusVM template on to your server, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have been capable of doing your own OS reload.

edited April 2013

@casper253 said: yes you told me last minute when my server down and i cant do nothing about it

We told you before we did the last OS reload, but you continued to not follow instructions and unpacked the SolusVM OS template over your operating system again.

Bottom line - you ordered an unmanaged server but weren't capable of managing it yourself.

• casper253casper253 Member
    edited April 2013

Access Denied
    Your IP 71.212.24.66 has been banned

Ban Reason: Banned due to Orders
    Ban Expires: 12/31/2020 23:59

what that mean

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@casper253 said: Ban Reason: Banned due to Orders

How long do you want @qps to put up with you? If you were my client you'd have been gone a long time before.. I have no doubt @qps is in the right, after all it is an unmanaged service and you couldn't manage it.

• Well. I believe this is pretty much a open and close case.

@casper253, look into a KVM VPS before you go full-out for a dedicated server. OS Reinstall takes more time and money on a dedicated server than on a KVM. Once you feel comfortable with a KVM and working with a KVM VPS then think about moving on to a dedicated server.

Or, just go to Kimsufi/OVH and buy yourself a dedicated server there because they have automated OS reinstalls.

edited April 2013

@Infinity it my first time using a dedicated server and i want to see how it like being a vps provider.that how people learn from their mistake.

he ban me because i dont know how to use dedicated server

edited April 2013

@HalfEatenPie can KVM vps can run a other vps server.
    some provider they dont let you install solusvm on their vps server

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@casper253: Yes, but it's probably ill-advised. I personally do not believe you should really be looking into the VPS world without first getting more experience with management of a server

• dude before you break the balls of any professional you can smash your head on the wall using VMware workstation and mess up whatever u want at your own expense.

• @HalfEatenPie that why im a reseller
    @jack who the hell is dominic or shane

• @casper253 said: @HalfEatenPie that why im a reseller

Then why pay a SolusVM license?

Anyways, again look into a KVM VPS with maybe an extra IP or two and mess around with different virtualizations on it.

• flyfly Member

lol

• @HalfEatenPie i was using 15 Day Free Trial

• @casper253 said: @HalfEatenPie i was using 15 Day Free Trial

Well alright then.

Once you're comfortable with the KVM VPS then move on to a dedicated server management. Jumping straight into a dedicated server and then demanding multiple OS reinstalls all for free (one or two is fine but annoying) is kinda like demanding they repackage your sandwich several times while you're unpacking the sandwich right in front of their eyes.

That's a horrible analogy.

• IntcsIntcs Member

@casper253 I'd get a managed service if I wasn't able to handle things myself, I've did that with semi managed VPS when I first run a VPS, it saved my time and helped me get through things at that stage and get my stuff online. Then I've learned myself and I wasn't in a hurry. That, or as advised by HalfEatenPie you can have a VPS like KVM instead to test on.

• @HalfEatenPie and @Intcs can you give me the link of the provider that offer cheap kvm vps

edited April 2013

@casper253 said: Access Denied

Your IP 71.212.24.66 has been banned

Ban Reason: Banned due to Orders

Ban Expires: 12/31/2020 23:59

what that mean

You canceled your service effective yesterday, so we closed your account.

• @qps, should ask what folks are using the server for prior to ordering.

VPS as an option and highly scrutinize/reject orders based on that unless they go through waiver with the fees and info for their needs. (KVM, hands on, upgrades, etc.).

Barrier @ $49 is nil for summer hosts, holiday hosts, etc. His network will then be a magnet for dumb clown sellers who can't tie their shoes let alone operate a hosting company.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Buddy must have really pissed them off, because I've asked several questions through support and have received professional and courteous responses even if they don't know / don't support what you're asking.

edited April 2013

@pubcrawler said: @qps, should ask what folks are using the server for prior to ordering.

VPS as an option and highly scrutinize/reject orders based on that unless they go through waiver with the fees and info for their needs. (KVM, hands on, upgrades, etc.).

Barrier @ $49 is nil for summer hosts, holiday hosts, etc. His network will then be a magnet for dumb clown sellers who can't tie their shoes let alone operate a hosting company.

We're fine with customers using the servers for VPS. We have many customers who do so.

The servers are unmanaged. No support is included. We disclose our fees for support.

However, we're willing to answer questions and help out where we can (we probably go a lot further than other unmanaged hosts). Our help can only go so far before it starts to cost us more than the customer is paying per month. That's when we have to push back and start charging for support/OS reloads/etc. at the standard rates.

• I see summer hosts sprouting up at @qps.... Growl...

Issue is never the use, the issue is the client being a dumb a$$ and then going out and talking negatively because of such experience.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yep. Plenty of those around these parts.

• so that mean i cant order any your server right

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Yes, @qps have banned you.