Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't hold my tongue when it comes to Quick Packet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I can't hold my tongue when it comes to Quick Packet

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
edited March 2013 in Reviews

I picked one of these up: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/quickpacket-49month-dual-xeon-l5420-16gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-in-atlanta/

I could not be happier with the service and the support is excellent! They are rivalling my box with ServerMaina.

Great company to do business with, and performance of the network is perfect!

If you're considering a new dedi, they are definitely worth the money!

Benchmark

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5420 @ 2.50GHz
Number of cores : 8
CPU frequency : 2003.000 MHz
Total amount of ram : 16049 MB
Total amount of swap : 16379 MB
System uptime : 12:45,
Download speed from CacheFly: 70.7MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 88.8MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 49.4MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.98MB/s
Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 1.02MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.9MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.76MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 13.9MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 19.6MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 75.5MB/s
I/O speed : 153 MB/s

Comments

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited March 2013

Yeah I've also got overall a great experience, specifically real good service in uptime and performance, no single issue in over a year ;D

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Right? They're pure awesome.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@jarland said: Right? They're pure awesome.

QFT

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited March 2013

@agoldenberg said: They are rivalling my box with ServerMaina.

I just have to ask, how does a current 1270v2 (what SM currently offers, well used to before the 1240v2 offer kicked in) compare to a L5420? I mean don't get me wrong, I am not saying anything about QPS as a company but that line made me go... what?

Its like saying I got a VW for 200, but for 400 I can get a Ferrari... but nah!

I meant in terms of customer service and support. I didn't say anything about hardware.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Thanks guys! Appreciate your business.

• @agoldenberg said: I/O speed : 153 MB/s

I guess u had some addons

@goexodus no addons. That's the 1TB drive stock.

Only things I added were IPs and a Gbit port.

• @qps continues to impress.

Hope everyone with the recent LEB offer from them is satisfied.

Definitely a long term watch for me. (I am a tad picky about small operations in the dedicated/colo offering). Tend to deal only with companies with bigger operations and big staff.

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited April 2013

@Holoshed said: I just have to ask, how does a current 1270v2 (what SM currently offers, well used to before the 1240v2 offer kicked in) compare to a L5420? I mean don't get me wrong, I am not saying anything about QPS as a company but that line made me go... what?

The L5420 gets destroyed, revived and destroyed again on per core performance, it's not really worth discussing.

Still a fairly amazing offer, though.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Wintereise said: The L5420 gets destroyed, revived and destroyed again on per core performance, it's not really worth discussing.

All I know is that for a single person they are beasts.

• Still a fairly amazing offer

i respectfully disagree. But the network seems great

• tommytommy Member

that DS currently out of stock

• @tommy said: that DS currently out of stock

Well, it was going out pretty fast ;)

@tommy said: that DS currently out of stock

We saved a few that we might release tomorrow. I'll come back and post if we do. Thanks for all of the interest everyone!

• casper253casper253 Member
    edited April 2013

Reason I hate qps is they charge reinstall fee after couple reinstall .
    but they have good service fast response and fast setup

• JacobJacob Member

@casper253 Why should they reinstall servers for free, it costs more in admin time than the server is worth.

They should look into getting KVMs for every server.

• @Jacob so you gonna charge $35 reinstall os fee to your client and every time you reinstall their os you charge them $35. They told me just delete the files and I did and it stop working.they
    Charge me $30 per hour to find what wrong with the server or pay $35 reload the os.
    They charge $35 per hour if you ask them for support or ask to much question about the servers.
    if you new to dedicated server like me better of find difference provider

• @casper253 If you can't manage a Linux server without reinstalling the OS every 5 minutes, get a VPS. Or create a VM.

• lbftlbft Member
    edited April 2013

@Bogdacutuu said: If you can't manage a Linux server without reinstalling the OS every 5 minutes, get a VPS. Or create a VM.

Or pay extra for a managed service instead of buying from an unmanaged provider and complaining when you break it.

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited April 2013

@casper253 I thought ipmi was included, reinstall yourself?

edited April 2013

@casper253 said: Reason I hate qps is they charge reinstall fee after couple reinstall .

We offer free OS reloads within reason. You were abusing that service, so we had to start charging.

You kept unpacking the SolusVM OS templates to / and overwriting your OS install, causing the OS to have problems. We gave you instructions multiple times on how to properly download the OS templates, but you continued to either not understand or ignore our instructions.

Our servers are unmanaged. That means you must be comfortable managing the server yourself, or hire a management provider to do it for you. We make this absolutely clear.

• @qps said: You kept unpacking the SolusVM OS templates to / and overwriting your OS install

Future LEB hosting coming!

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited April 2013

Summer is just around the corner!

• @casper253 said: @Jacob so you gonna charge $35 reinstall os fee to your client and every time you reinstall their os you charge them $35. They told me just delete the files and I did and it stop working.they

Charge me $30 per hour to find what wrong with the server or pay $35 reload the os.
    They charge $35 per hour if you ask them for support or ask to much question about the servers.

Wow. This is seriously a hilarious post.

I'd say for you look into a dedicated server with IPMI with Media. Then you can install the OS yourself. Seems like you don't really know what you were doing and demanded an OS reload a ton of times. OS reloads aren't as easy as you do it with VPSes and actually take time.

@casper253 said: @Jacob so you gonna charge $35 reinstall os fee to your client and every time you reinstall their os you charge them $35. They told me just delete the files and I did and it stop working.they

Just to clear things up - the fees here are misquoted. Our labor rate is $75 per hour, our OS reload charge is $35. We don't charge the OS reload fee unless you've already had quite a few in a short period of time. If your server includes a KVMoIP, you are welcome to complete the OS reload yourself. Alternatively, for servers that don't include KVMoIP, you are welcome to borrow a Spider KVM to complete the OS reload for no charge.

• @qps said: Just to clear things up - the fees here are misquoted. Our labor rate is $75 per hour, our OS reload charge is $35. We don't charge the OS reload fee unless you've already had quite a few in a short period of time. If your server includes a KVMoIP, you are welcome to complete the OS reload yourself. Alternatively, for servers that don't include KVMoIP, you are welcome to borrow a Spider KVM to complete the OS reload for no charge.

Quick question @qps, does the dedicated KVMoIP include media? I haven't logged into my IPMI/KVMoIP yet and I'm actually quite curious.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@qps said: SolusVM OS templates

Damn, dear lord not a VPS company.

edited April 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Quick question @qps, does the dedicated KVMoIP include media? I haven't logged into my IPMI/KVMoIP yet and I'm actually quite curious.

Yes, all of the ones we have include virtual media. You can either redirect a local drive (such as a CD-ROM or flash drive) or mount an ISO. I think the Dell ones allow for up to three mounted at once, the SuperMicro two at once, and the Spider KVM allows for one at a time.

• @qps said: . If your server includes a KVMoIP, you are welcome to complete the OS reload yourself. Alternatively, for servers that don't include KVMoIP, you are welcome to borrow a Spider KVM to complete the OS reload for no charge.

Now you telling me about this when my server been cancle and it was down for 27 days