Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Somagu] 512 MB KVM (NAT based) in South Korea, Asia @ $3.18/month .
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Somagu] 512 MB KVM (NAT based) in South Korea, Asia @ $3.18/month .

weongyoweongyo Member
edited October 2017 in Offers

vCPU: 1 core (2.27GHz)

Memory: 512 MB

Disk: 20 GB

Traffic: 400 GB

Network: IP 59.22.167.217 - Korea Telecom line with 1 GBits uplink.

>

IP: NAT (Network Address Translation) based.

>

Pricing: 5 KRW ($0.0041 USD) / hour (Hourly based billing), 3600 KRW ($3.18 USD) / month

Homepage:

https://www.somagu.com/

Order specs are also available. If you're first to use NAT based VPS, please check https://www.somagu.com/docs/en/login.html#how-to-access-to-ssh-server-of-your-vps link about how to access your box using SSH from the remote.

Please feel free to test 2 hours with trial credits which be available when you sign up. And let me know or leave a topic at https://www.somagu.com/forums/10 link if there's an issue or your feedbacks. :-)

Thanked by 2Aluminat danninov

Comments

• Nice deal. This is the first time I've seen South Korea as a location on LET.

Any plan on dedicated IP?

• North Korea deals please.

• MxlMxl Member

@roychan said:
    North Korea deals please.

HAHAHA !

• @weongyo do you allocate ipv6 ?

• @tenpera said:
    @weongyo do you allocate ipv6 ?

Im pretty sure NO Korean DCs provide IPv6 yet....

• Is this on a residential line or KT DC?

• JonesJones Member
    edited October 2017

god...... $3.18/month NAT...................................

• Performance was pretty good during the beta. It's not in Seoul though (10ms from KT Seoul). Is it the KT Gimhae DC?
    Reverse proxy with HTTPS would be nice if you try to provide a premium NAT service.

• @Aluminat said:
    Nice deal. This is the first time I've seen South Korea as a location on LET.

Any plan on dedicated IP?

Of course I have a plan for dedicated IP. But it takes some more time.

Thanked by 1Aluminat
  • @tenpera said:
    @weongyo do you allocate ipv6 ?

No. KT (Korea Telecom) doesn't provide IPv6 address to their customer. :-(

• @sanvit said:
    Is this on a residential line or KT DC?

At least it's not at KT DC though its line is a bussiness internet line.

• @Jones said:
    god...... $3.18/month NAT...................................

Sorry for this decision. :-( As you might know the internet cost and other things to keep this service running are not cheap as other country.

• @salakis said:
    Is it the KT Gimhae DC?

Frankly speaking I'd built my own DC by leasing KT's business internet line. The physical location is yes around Gimhae.

Reverse proxy with HTTPS would be nice if you try to provide a premium NAT service.

Are you looking for Web Forwarding feature (https://www.somagu.com/docs/en/menu/vps/config/web_forwarding.html)? I'm not sure that is what you want to see but thank you for your opinion.

Thanked by 1salakis
  • @weongyo said:
    Are you looking for Web Forwarding feature (https://www.somagu.com/docs/en/menu/vps/config/web_forwarding.html)? I'm not sure that is what you want to see but thank you for your opinion.

Oops, sorry, didn't see the HTTPS option, then that's great. I'll give it a try soon.
    Good to see this kind of offer here and good luck with it!

• weongyo said: Frankly speaking I'd built my own DC by leasing KT's business internet line. The physical location is yes around Gimhae.

So to clarify here, do you have power redundancy and link redundancy as any normal provider would when offering such services or did you simply install a leased line in you house and setup a server? There is a huge difference in the two and a huge difference in quality of service expectations.

If you lack any back-up power or redundant link then you are single-homed and have no protections against failure at all which would mean if there was a failure services could be down for hours/days. Do you have an SLA to cover such situations?

Can you please provide some more general information about your company, your networks and your servers you provide services from to better answer my above concerns?

Seeing as you don't have either ipv4 or ipv6 IPs to offer this sounds more to me like you are running services from your residence with an upgraded 'business' line which also means you may not be able to guarantee data security like servers in a DC would be provided. Is your data center independently audited and certified and if so can you please explain the certifications and qualifications of your hosting environment (SAS 70, SSAE 16, SOC2, SOC3, etc)?

I hope you can understand my concern here and will please take time to answer the questions I have posed and provide transparency about your setup.

Cheers!

• weongyoweongyo Member
    edited October 2017

Here is my answers. :-)

@TheLinuxBug said:

weongyo said: Frankly speaking I'd built my own DC by leasing KT's business internet line. The physical location is yes around Gimhae.

So to clarify here, do you have power redundancy and link redundancy as any normal provider would when offering such services or did you simply install a leased line in you house and setup a server? There is a huge difference in the two and a huge difference in quality of service expectations.

For power redundancy, my answer is no. For link redundancy my answer is yes if your question is related with link failure of switchs or routers.

If you lack any back-up power or redundant link then you are single-homed and have no protections against failure at all which would mean if there was a failure services could be down for hours/days. Do you have an SLA to cover such situations?

Somagu service doesn't have SLA. And yes it could happen down time for hours but I'm not sure it lasts for days. I think you expect the enterprise-level service but I think I can't satisfy your requirements at all. I think you'd be better to use Amazon EC2 Seoul region for you. :-)

Can you please provide some more general information about your company, your networks and your servers you provide services from to better answer my above concerns?

For company information please visit https://mudfish.net site and see the bottom for details though i'm not sure you're interesting to the business number of us. :-) Please check it.

However I have no idea how to proof my networks and server.

Seeing as you don't have either ipv4 or ipv6 IPs to offer this sounds more to me like you are running services from your residence with an upgraded 'business' line which also means you may not be able to guarantee data security like servers in a DC would be provided. Is your data center independently audited and certified and if so can you please explain the certifications and qualifications of your hosting environment (SAS 70, SSAE 16, SOC2, SOC3, etc)?

>

I think you're thinking DC (Data Center) as a big building with hugh racks while I thought it's a kind of groups with servers. :-) Please forgive me if my DC term confused your understandings.

And thank you for your opinions! :-)

Thanked by 2TheLinuxBug salakis
  • salakissalakis Member
    edited October 2017

@weongyo said:

I don't think it's an issue that you're running this from what seems to be a rather improvised DC, but it should be more obvious when you put up offers.
    On LET we didn't have any offers in Korea in this price range, so it's certainly something new targeting a specific niche market.

The bigger issue is the lack of IPv6 and HE.net tunnels are not a solution in Korea and especially for KT due to routing (lowest latency should would be a PoP on the West Coast).

Doesn't KISA offer some IPv6 tunnels in Korea? At least I remember reading about it somewhere a long time ago.

• @salakis said:

@weongyo said:

The bigger issue is the lack of IPv6 and HE.net tunnels are not a solution in Korea and especially for KT due to routing (lowest latency should would be a PoP on the West Coast).

Doesn't KISA offer some IPv6 tunnels in Korea? At least I remember reading about it somewhere a long time ago.

When I checked HE.net, they offers a Japan node as tunnel broker which is closest one from South Korea. So I can provide IPv6 address for VPS users via HE.net though definitely its connection status isn't good enough. :-(

Doesn't KISA offer some IPv6 tunnels in Korea?

Nop. If I know correctly, KISA provided IPv6 tunnels in the past but no longer it's available nowadays.

Thanked by 1salakis