Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for IRC ( multiple ips )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for IRC ( multiple ips )

dedicadosdedicados Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

Hi, just wondering if any of the actual providers have VPS for IRC?

mail port can be blocked.

Used to have 256ram with 32ips or 64 for vhost ( ipv4) ( 15 years ago )

I have some customer asking.

i know those will not be at LET price, but just wanted to know.

thanks!

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

dedicados said: any of the actual providers manage VPS for IRC?

"Manage"? You want a managed VPS for... IRC?

dedicados said: 15 years ago

15 years ago there wasn't nearly as much IPv6 deployment, today every major IRC network supports it. You can have tons of "vhosts" without paying for IPv4.

• No managed

Yeah, but i am asking ipv4

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited October 2017

Here's a trick for you:

Deploy the cheapest OVH Public Cloud on hourly basis then order 32 failover IPs for this instance. After this deploy the smallest Sandbox instance or any other you'd like then migrate failover IPs to this Sandbox. Delete first instance. Now you have 32 IPs on your $3 sandbox on which you can control the Anti-DDoS Pro and add firewall rules. Perfect for IRC.

• WSSWSS Member

IRC. That's like discord for people who can read, right?

Thanked by 2brueggus vimalware
  • WHTWHT Member

@FredQc said:
    Here's a trick for you:

Deploy the cheapest OVH Public Cloud on hourly basis then order 32 failover IPs for this instance. After this deploy the smallest Sandbox instance or any other you'd like then migrate failover IPs to this Sandbox. Delete first instance. Now you have 32 IPs on your $3 sandbox on which you can control the Anti-DDoS Pro and add firewall rules. Perfect for IRC.

Uh! OVH and IRC are no friends, he will get suspended by the next flood.

• Hello,

I sent you a PM.

• WHT said: Uh! OVH and IRC are no friends, he will get suspended by the next flood.

Suspended by who ? I use OVH in BHS since start of 2014 with IRC and never encountered problems. I got my loads of DDoS attack as well and they where always mitigated properly with no suspension whatsoever...

• WSSWSS Member

I wonder how many networks have active blocks on OVH/Vultr/et al..

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'm wondering why you aren't just using IPV6 for this.

Pretty much every IRC network out there includes V6 access and you won't have the concern over IP costs going up, especially at OVH.

Francisco

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited October 2017

@WSS said:

Considering how many people have an OVH/DO/Vultr server for their personal use, I'd say very few block them outright. I think Rizon and Freenode at least don't block any of those by default, as I've accessed both via all three of those providers at some point.

@Francisco said:

Pretty much every IRC network out there includes V6 access and you won't have the concern over IP costs going up, especially at OVH.

Yeah most do have v6 now, could be he wants v4 for client compatibility, as in the people using it may not have v6.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Setsura said:

@WSS said:

Considering how many people have an OVH/DO/Vultr server for their personal use, I'd say very few block them outright. I think Rizon and Freenode at least don't block any of those by default, as I've accessed both via all three of those providers at some point.

@Francisco said:

Yeah most do have v6 now, could be he wants v4 for client compatibility, as in the people using it may not have v6.

Have a single v4 everyone bounces through and then they set their host to a v6.

Francisco

• Setsura said: Yeah most do have v6 now

Mexico doesnt have.

At least ISP have, but not for end users..

• WSSWSS Member

Are you saying that providers are lazy to roll out IPv6 in Mexico?

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited October 2017

@dedicados said:

Setsura said: Yeah most do have v6 now

Mexico doesnt have.

We were talking about IRC network support for ipv6, not enduser. Unless you mean some sort of Mexican IRC network.

@Francisco said:

Yeah I was thinking about it but wasn't sure what software he might be using and whether it would support this.

• @Setsura said:

@dedicados said:

Setsura said: Yeah most do have v6 now

Mexico doesnt have.

We were talking about IRC network support for ipv6, not enduser. Unless you mean some sort of Mexican IRC network.

@Francisco said:

Yeah I was thinking about it but wasn't sure what software he might be using and whether it would support this.

ZNC does the job just fine.

• WSS said: Are you saying that providers are lazy to roll out IPv6 in Mexico?

i dont know if lazy will be the correct word, but yes.

• WSSWSS Member

We didn't have native IPv6 until last year. We're only a couple in-the-back-of-the-truck-behind-the-boxes rides apart, though.

• I live in the United States and I have Hybrid Fiber Coax with 500 down and 50 up
    Still no Ipv6.

• WSSWSS Member

"fiber coax" sounds Geigeresque. Got pics?