Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for 2x E7-8867L or > specs price range 100-140/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

post offer thanks

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

LOL.

Edit: where are my free biscuits cookies?

• No.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I think we would all like such specs and price.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Yes please

• Dual e7 would be costly

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

Try to find 2 x E5-2660v2. (the same 10 cores)
    Do you need any drives and memory or just CPUs?

• @GTHost said:

Only CPUs, I'll run the system on L3 cache.

• E7-8series? Better make it 4 CPUs, all those sockets going to waste.

• @GTHost said:

I ust need cpu dude

• DamianDamian Member
    edited October 2017

What are you doing that actually needs an E7? Or was this some arbitrary choice made from an unrelated list and this CPU was near the top of it?

Also while we're only the LOLZ THIS CPU AM R EXPANSIVE LOLZ train, these CPUs are $30 on eBay and servers that can run this CPU are also cheap ( ebay.com/itm/222449679567 for example), mostly because they are, at this point, unequivocal shit. The functional difference between E5 and E7 are features that are not used by normal human beings; they're really only used in bespoke software coded with the E7's advanced features in mind.

If you're really going to "run the system on L3 cache" (WARNING: Intel's "smart"cache doesn't work like the way you think it works!), then E5-1600 v3 and E5-2600 v2 both have the same L3 cache sizes and will be easier to find in the regular world. E5-2600 v3 has CPUs with even more cache available.

• @Damian said:
    What are you doing that actually needs an E7? Or was this some arbitrary choice made from an unrelated list and this CPU was near the top of it?

Also while we're only the LOLZ THIS CPU AM R EXPANSIVE LOLZ train, these CPUs are $30 on eBay and servers that can run this CPU are also cheap ( ebay.com/itm/222449679567 for example), mostly because they are, at this point, unequivocal shit. The functional difference between E5 and E7 are features that are not used by normal human beings; they're really only used in bespoke software coded with the E7's advanced features in mind.

If you're really going to "run the system on L3 cache" (WARNING: Intel's "smart"cache doesn't work like the way you think it works!), then E5-1600 v3 and E5-2600 v2 both have the same L3 cache sizes and will be easier to find in the regular world. E5-2600 v3 has CPUs with even more cache available.

they can deliver more hashrate than E5

• Crap. Another PROSPECTOR WANTS TO MINE DEM GOLD BOYS.

• merry75 said: they can deliver more hashrate than E5

Link me to where this has been proven, especially regarding newer CPUs.

• Still don‘t know why people don‘t get it. If it was profitable, every hosting company would mine right away for themselves.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • $140 probably will barely pay the electicity and bandwidth for 2x 105W processors that wil be run at 100% at all time for mining.

• Let me know if you find any provider with this configuration and pricing.

• wow this forum is filled with angry people, wtf is your problem. either you do have it or not, if you just come here to whine, shut it

• @merry75 said:
    wow this forum is filled with angry people, wtf is your problem. either you do have it or not, if you just come here to whine, shut it

You came to this place and asking two times for servers with CPUs at lowend prices. Which isn‘t possible. And now we are the cunts? Lovely.

• @merry75 said:
    wow this forum is filled with angry people, wtf is your problem. either you do have it or not, if you just come here to whine, shut it

Why are you surprised? You come here asking for prices that are not realistic in any fkin way.

It's like asking someone: Can I rob you?

and when the person replies: fck no, gtfo.

you'll be like: wtf is your problem, I just asked, no need to be angry.

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • can close it , found within budget in pm .

• @merry75 said:
    can close it , found within budget in pm .

Name the host or gtfo

• hzrhzr Member

@sibaper said:

@merry75 said:

Name the host or gtfo

wow this forum is filled with angry people

Thanked by 1paco
  • Why are u guys wasting time to answer such question?

• @sibaper said:

@merry75 said:

Name the host or gtfo

gtfo nerd.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

@merry75 said:

Taking your angry hat off for a minute if you would indulge me, this is a forum based on a specific market segment and around getting a bargain, everyone here (with more than 200 posts) knows very well how much things cost in the real world.

To us what you have written is, how do I get a 2018 BMW M3 for $10,000, that is not an exaggeration in terms of what it could be sold for and what it would be sold for.

Obviously asking for that is seen as ridiculous, I am sure you would agree had you known what dual E7's cost to run in advance.

The thing is, this forum is getting overrun right now by people asking similar things, they either want IP's for the cost of a twinky or unlimited bandwidth for the price of a bag of Doritos, after the 50th post like this in 48 hours it starts to hit nerves.

That is why you are seeing this sort of response.

Hopefully, that clarifies.

Now on to your request, the only person I know that has E7's is @Oliver perhaps he can give you a price for a dual E7 dedi.

It might also be worth your while looking into the suggestions others have made around E5v4's they probably do compare to older E7's now and they do not draw anywhere near the power so perhaps it is worth doing some research.

Finally, as a tip, look at the prices soyoustart/kimsufi/online.net/hetzner can offer servers at, they are the absolute bottom of the barrel prices, getting anything cheaper is usually impossible or at least pretty rare.

Hopefully, that helped and can end the shouting match.

P.S. this is probably the most reasonable post I have made in 2017, I have no doubt I will regret it.

Thanked by 2FredQc uptime
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I have an IBM system with dual E7-2850 sitting on my desk now.

I'd also like a 2018 BMW M3 for $10,000.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Oliver said: I have an IBM system with dual E7-2850 sitting on my desk now.

Give us an idea of how much you would charge p/month for that, single disk 8GB RAM, we you know have probably the most reasonable prices in your region (and now probably in Japan too)

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I wouldn't offer it with a 8GB RAM. It has 256GB RAM in it now and there's no point removing any really.

To colo it in Australia with 2x 600GB SAS drives is probably around $270 USD a month with a /29 and 3TB data.

• merry75 said: gtfo nerd.

so no one can offer you for such price?

LOL

• WSSWSS Member

dicks