Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing CDN.net Giveabit!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing CDN.net Giveabit!

A special to kick off a 'do-good' program we're launching.

CDN.net Giveabit is a new program, where each month we'll be donating 10% of a client's first payment to a tech related project on GlobalGiving. The 1st of each month we will produce a transparency report, showing which projects we have supported. Our customers won't need to opt in to anything - it's something we'll be doing by default.

The Details

• Each plan comes with 1 TB of bandwidth.
  • Manage through HostBill or direct with OnApp.
  • Static resources only - no live streaming available.
  • Unlimited CDN zones can be created.
  • SSL supported - shared or you can provide your own

Worldwide CDN
10 Total PoPs
Amsterdam, Ashburn, London, Milan, Portland, Provo, Santa Clara, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Sydney
Ping/Traceroute: 633205012.r.worldcdn.net
Price: $5 a month
Ready to order? Worldwide CDN

European CDN
12 Total PoPs, 8 cities
Amsterdam x2, Budapest, Frankfurt, Lviv x2, London x3, Milan, Paris, Sheffield
Ping/Traceroute: 823407910.r.worldcdn.net
Ready to order? European CDN

USA CDN
14 total PoPs, 8 cities
Ashburn x3, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas x2, Newark x2, Salt Lake City x2, Santa Clara x2, Seattle
Ping/Traceroute: 333741869.r.worldcdn.net
Ready to order? USA CDN

Why use a CDN?
A few reasons: better worldwide performance. Reduce resource consumption on your server. Reduce bandwidth usage on your server.

Do you have PoPs in China?
Yes, we do! You'll need to provide an ICP license, at which point we can create a custom plan including PoPs in China.

Where else do you have PoPs?
We use the OnApp federation for our infrastructure and have a little over 160 PoPs worldwide. Every continent but Antartica!

Do you do PAYG CDN?
Unfortunately no. We need to sell at a certain price to ensure the cost of support is covered. Likewise, a CDN is most effective when a site has steady traffic. If your site only has a small amount of traffic, I actually suggest focusing on optimizing the code, and images before implementing a CDN.

Any questions? Looking for a specific PoP? I'm flexible - Ping me: [email protected]

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Sounds good, great initiative! <3

• MridulMridul Member
    edited October 2017

Nice plans :)

• DXDDXD Member

How about mix of US and European like 26 total?

• @DXD said:
    How about mix of US and European like 26 total?

For this price, the best I can do are the plans above. If you require additional PoPs, we do have a plan that gives 1TB & 20 PoPs worldwide for $20 a month.

• Anycast? If so, might want to tweak a lot of things especially on the USA CDN.

OnApp_Terry said: Ping/Traceroute: 333741869.r.worldcdn.net

I'm getting 44ms to Dallas Softlayer from NJ over Fiber.

I'd get 5ms to Newark if your POPs landed there, 44ms is a little much.

Even your worldwide CDN throws me to IAD (11ms, better, but where's Newark?)

ISP is Verizon FiOS (NJ)

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited October 2017

The routing is based off of DNS latency. Are you using the standard Verizon FIOS DNS or an alternate DNS provider?

We usually see pretty good routing for users who are using Google DNS or OpenDNS.

• @OnApp_Terry said:
    The routing is based off of DNS latency. Are you using the standard Verizon FIOS DNS or an alternate DNS provider?

Wait what.. you base your http traffic routing based on DNS latency? That makes absolutely no sense unless you run a DNS server on edge edge-location as well.

geolocation or actual anycast network would probably make more sense :-)

• OnApp_Terry said: We usually see pretty good routing for users who are using Google DNS or OpenDNS.

Using Google for DNS already actually.

With an Anycast network things would make a bit more sense.

I'm 10ms away from OVH Quebec, but this CDN would be actually adding some latency routing NJ to Dallas TX with 44ms.

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited October 2017

@Kris said:

OnApp_Terry said: We usually see pretty good routing for users who are using Google DNS or OpenDNS.

Using Google for DNS already actually.

With an Anycast network things would make a bit more sense.

I'm 10ms away from OVH Quebec, but this CDN would be actually adding some latency routing NJ to Dallas TX with 44ms.

If you want, I can do some diagnostics to see what is going on. Just visit [link removed] and it'll do everything in the background for me.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • Done, thanks for checking it out.