Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mining Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mining Dedicated Server

wo_edwo_ed Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

I'm looking for a dedicated server to mine cryptocurrency with. Specifications and prices do not matter, please post offers.

Comments

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Which currency do you want to mine? Bitcoin etc. are not profitable if you rent a dedicated server as far as I know of.

• @VPSSLIM said:
    Which currency do you want to mine? Bitcoin etc. are not profitable if you rent a dedicated server as far as I know of.

I'm leaning towards Monero, however I'm not quite sure yet. I still have to do some research.

• Money doesn't grow on trees.

Thanked by 2desfire Janevski
  • @Tion said:
    Money doesn't grow on trees.

How is that relevant to the discussion posted?

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

You have to write - Specifications do not matter and prices do not matter.

• @GTHost said:
    You have to write - Specifications do not matter and prices do not matter.

The price does not matter either. I will add it to the post.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

wo_ed said: I'm leaning towards Monero, however I'm not quite sure yet. I still have to do some research.

It's not economical to rent a server for the purpose of mining.

First off, even if power was the only factor, most modern servers will not make a huge amount of profit. You could possibly generate 2x the power costs. So if the power is $10, then you can make $20 in crypto, leaving you with $10 in profit.

Since any host can use their own equipment for mining, why would they rent it out to you if they can make as much, if not more, mining themselves?

I wouldn't rent to you a server for less than what I could make from mining from it. Bare in mind that that are always risks with hosting clients, and none doing your own mining.

Besides, when renting out to clients, hosts need to consider the hardware cost, which could never be repaid in a reasonable time frame through a server's who's sole purpose is mining, unless the client was paying more for server rental than what could be obtained through mining.

• @randvegeta said:

wo_ed said: I'm leaning towards Monero, however I'm not quite sure yet. I still have to do some research.

It's not economical to rent a server for the purpose of mining.

First off, even if power was the only factor, most modern servers will not make a huge amount of profit. You could possibly generate 2x the power costs. So if the power is $10, then you can make $20 in crypto, leaving you with $10 in profit.

Since any host can use their own equipment for mining, why would they rent it out to you if they can make as much, if not more, mining themselves?

I wouldn't rent to you a server for less than what I could make from mining from it. Bare in mind that that are always risks with hosting clients, and none doing your own mining.

Besides, when renting out to clients, hosts need to consider the hardware cost, which could never be repaid in a reasonable time frame through a server's who's sole purpose is mining, unless the client was paying more for server rental than what could be obtained through mining.

You have to keep in mind that I'd still need to buy hardware and cover electricity costs if I wanted to mine with a physical server in my location. My issues would be electricity and hardware costs, which I'm trying to cover by using a data center, in this case they would pay for the electricity, I would rent the hardware.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited October 2017

@wo_ed said:

My issues would be electricity and hardware costs, which I'm trying to cover by using a data center

Forget about your hardware costs being covered by a provider, this will not happen. Buy some decent hardware and ask for colocation prices if electricity is so expensive in your place.

• I mine on my machine when I'm at work, and I can do 1.4 kh/s between 16 CPU cores and a 1060 6GB on cryptonight.

I average out to 89 cents a day after everything

• wo_ed said: You have to keep in mind that I'd still need to buy hardware and cover electricity costs if I wanted to mine with a physical server in my location. My issues would be electricity and hardware costs, which I'm trying to cover by using a data center, in this case they would pay for the electricity, I would rent the hardware.

You are not getting the point. What he saying is if the mining were profitable the provider would mine himself no need to rent you the server and make less profit. It would be like selling geese that lay the golden eggs.

• someSguysomeSguy Member
    edited October 2017

Nope, not feasible.

A 2X XEON E5-2640 V4 (around 220EUR/month) only provides around 44USD profit per month. It's worse for lower-power CPUs.

wo_ed said: in this case they would pay for the electricity, I would rent the hardware.

I don't think you get it.

Let me put it this way. I have a data center full of unused servers. I have a number of servers that can mine profitably whereby my electricity costs is about half the value of the Monero mined.

Why would I as a provider rent out one of these servers to? Can I as a provider make a profit renting a server to you? Can I as a provider make more money mining with the same hardware than I would be renting it out?

Please explain how the provider will benefit from renting out to someone who just wants to mine.

• @randvegeta: he probably will not listen.

simply offer him something at a price you make money even if the server runs at full load 24/7 afterwards and be done with it.
    after all it should be his choice and experience to make if that will earn him enough moneros ;-)

Here's an offer. Xeon E5-2650, some ram, an HDD, $49/m, 1IP and some bandwidth. Perfect for mining!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

https://incero.com/autoservers.php

Dual E5-2620 $33.25 first month.

• DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider

How many do you need? Just 1 server or multiple?

• when i saw this topic only by the title i thought he wanted to mine dedicated servers but the literaly.

• Renting a server for mining sounds really old fashioned.

https://blog.sucuri.net/2017/09/hacked-websites-mine-crypocurrencies.html

• @perryoo11 said:
    when i saw this topic only by the title i thought he wanted to mine dedicated servers but the literaly.

watch out you might get the server lung

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited January 2019

@arettepr said:
    You can rent the servers here:

bumping a thread from 2017, not smart when shilling

Thanked by 2eol dahartigan
  • t0mt0m Member

He/she pressed the submit button in 2017, but due to the 100% CPU usage on their dedi it took a while longer to really submit it.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @wo_ed said:

@Tion said:
    Money doesn't grow on trees.

How is that relevant to the discussion posted?

It means you would end up spending more than earning, nothing comes for free.

• @corbpie said:

@arettepr said:
    You can rent the servers here:

bumping a thread from 2017, not smart when shilling

OMG this was a necroposted thread... The pains are unbearable. It hurts right here, on this particular spot. I don't think i am going to make it.

Thanked by 2TimboJones eol
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

That's why I didn't respond. U are losing it, J-ski.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @deank said:
    That's why I didn't respond. U are losing it, J-ski.

The pleasure is to play.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

and don't forget the joker

EDIT2: aye, and pray that the joker may forget about you.

EDIT3: ... inb4 lemmycoin!

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @uptime said:
    and don't forget the joker

EDIT2: aye, and pray that the joker may forget about you.

EDIT3: ... inb4 lemmycoin!

ACE OF SPADES

• THE ACE OF SPADES!

Thanked by 1Letzien