Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me to choose the right CLOUD VPS for hosting a website.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me to choose the right CLOUD VPS for hosting a website.

Hey,

I would like to choose a cloud VPS because uptime is very important for me. Small company, single website, sometimes i got a DDOS, around 5gbps.

For now i use OVH SSD VPS ans got around 400 day uptime, i am happy but sometimes its slow, sometimes fast. So i need a stable VPS.

1 core , 1-2 gb memory is enought. Have to run a website only. One single.

1, VPS Cloud 1
https://www.ovh.ie/vps/vps-cloud.xml

2, VPS Cloud Ram 1
https://www.ovh.ie/vps/vps-cloud-ram.xml

3, IWSTACK Basic 2GB
http://iwstack.com/price-calculator.php

Any suggestion is okay, but network should be OK for Hungary.

Price: <10EUR

Thanks

Comments

• Your problem with your current VPS with ovh is related to the network or io, cpu..?

• @datanoise said:
    Your problem with your current VPS with ovh is related to the network or io, cpu..?

VPS load is always under 0.5. But sometimes should be slow, then i check and load under 0.2 so not resources is the problem. Maybe the node overloaded, dont know

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

@ZweiTiger, We may be able to help you with our High IOPS NVMe Drive powered VPS located in London. As for network, do check out our Looking Glass at http://lg.thn2.vmhaus.com

Our network has just upgraded and now have our own LINX LON1 port allowing us to directly peer with hundreds of members including Sky,Google,Netflix and more.

Plan: VMH-1GB
      2x CPU Core E3-1270v6 (Shared)
      1GB DDR4 RAM
      15GB NVMe Disk Space
      4TB Bandwidth
      1Gbps Port
      DDoS Protection included
      1x IPv4
      1x /64 IPv6
      1 x Automated Backup Slot (Daily)
      Bonsai Control Panel
    Price: $5 / Month ($0.0068/hour)
    Signup: https://bonsai.vmhaus.com/signup

Plan: VMH-2GB
      2x CPU Core E3-1270v6 (Shared)
      2GB DDR4 RAM
      30GB NVMe Disk Space
      8TB Bandwidth
      1Gbps Port
      DDoS Protection included
      1x IPv4
      1x /64 IPv6
      1 x Automated Backup Slot (Daily)
      Bonsai Control Panel
    Price: $7 / Month ($0.0096/hour)
    Signup: https://bonsai.vmhaus.com/signup

• Netcup with their 99,99% SLA upgrade?

• @Ympker said:
    Netcup with their 99,99% SLA upgrade?

Do you mean this?

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1252

I already got this :P

• @ZweiTiger said:

@Ympker said:

Do you mean this?

Why not use it for your main site then?

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited October 2017

@Ympker said:

@ZweiTiger said:

@Ympker said:

Do you mean this?

Why not use it for your main site then?

Have to consider. I got 1year uptime most of my boxes there (Gen6) , but after that was a 4 hour downtime without any notice, because of something failed. Thats why i want cloud, but dont know about the gen 7 plans. :) They got higher SLA

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @ZweiTiger said:

you need to rent a dedi server.
    kimsufi, so you start, and so on.

But i do not know, is OVH protects against L7 ddos attacks (against app) or not?

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

ZweiTiger said: am happy but sometimes its slow, sometimes fast

ZweiTiger said: VPS load is always under 0.5. But sometimes should be slow, then i check and load under 0.2 so not resources is the problem

Did you double check caching issues and whatnot? Without knowing details about your set up it seems unlikely that a OVH VPS won't fit the bill. You could troubleshoot with something like netdata

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ZweiTiger said: For now i use OVH SSD VPS ans got around 400 day uptime, i am happy but sometimes its slow, sometimes fast. So i need a stable VPS.

Sounds like, in reality, you need a dedicated server, it has been up 400 days, it is stable, you just want full ssd speed all the time, that's a use case for dedicated resources.

Doubtful you will get better service from anyone here, just being honest.

Thanked by 1BecomeWebHost
  • ZweiTiger said: But sometimes should be slow, then i check and load under 0.2 so not resources is the problem. Maybe the node overloaded, dont know

Did you check the IO on your VPS to see if the problem is coming from that? What about ram is there enough RAM for good cache? It can be slow because of many reasons, knowing why would be a great step toward finding a solution...

• letssupplyletssupply Member
    edited January 2018

If you are looking for managed VPS you can try REMOVED FOR SHILLING

• MivoCloudMivoCloud Member, Host Rep
      We can provide:
    • 1 vCore
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 40 GB SSD
    • 8 Euro/month
  • If you own a WordPress site, you may go with Cloudways hosting. It is just awesome.

• Choose a host yet?

• Sakthi said: Cloudways

Wouldn't that cost even higher than provider's base price?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2017

@Sakthi said:
    If you own a WordPress site, you may go with Cloudways hosting. It is just awesome.

Of course it is, spam boy.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited October 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

ZweiTiger said: For now i use OVH SSD VPS ans got around 400 day uptime, i am happy but sometimes its slow, sometimes fast. So i need a stable VPS.

Sounds like, in reality, you need a dedicated server, it has been up 400 days, it is stable, you just want full ssd speed all the time, that's a use case for dedicated resources.

Doubtful you will get better service from anyone here, just being honest.

Yeah, or VDS. But dedicated is okay.. but last time when i got an online.net dedicated raid 1, and when one of the disk failed, 6-8 hour downtime and etc. Then raid fail.. funny day. Well i dont have time to check everything is okay, or will it blend? :)

@datanoise said:

ZweiTiger said: But sometimes should be slow, then i check and load under 0.2 so not resources is the problem. Maybe the node overloaded, dont know

Did you check the IO on your VPS to see if the problem is coming from that? What about ram is there enough RAM for good cache? It can be slow because of many reasons, knowing why would be a great step toward finding a solution...

Yeah, i am a sysadmin. I work for a big company i know how to check things. But without any load sometimes website was slow or fast. I think depend on the host node load.

@Ympker said:
    Choose a host yet?

Yep. Netcup. RS 1000 G7 SE / 2 dedicated cpu core / 6gb memory / 40gb ssd and a wonderful 99,9% SLA. And DDOS protection. Already tested.. works well.

Well i checked many company in Hungary, that would be the best, but when i ask about DDOS protection.. What is DDOS? Yes there is a little firewall etc. Hungary is a fail about protection. (as amost in everything)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @ZweiTiger It always ends up being Netcup for me aswell :P

• @Ympker said:
    @ZweiTiger It always ends up being Netcup for me aswell :P

Dont know why.. cant resist... :P

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ZweiTiger said: Netcup.

Ympker said: t always ends up being Netcup for me aswell :P

Are they that good? Really worth checking for the price?

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for the mention @Mridul

• @datanoise said:

ZweiTiger said: Netcup.

Ympker said: t always ends up being Netcup for me aswell :P

Are they that good? Really worth checking for the price?

Netcups pricing is awesome tbh :P The quality is, too.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If you want something which never fails, that is not possible. You can, however, setup redundant instances in 3 locations, for example, NL, IT and RO with IWStack. They include failover and SSD ones, so you can have a nice mix.
    The price for such a thing will not be under 10 Eur though, but you can find other dirt cheap VPses in 3 EU locations near HU and do that with some kind of round-robin DNS and database replication, caching, etc. I think that best solutions are those you build yourself because you know best what you need. Also any DDoS will be diluted between 3 locations, whichever falls off the net will be replaced until you have a stable arrangement.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @Maounique said:
    IWStack

Is the IT location still the only one with SAN and failover?

• check out aruba cloud they are good i am using them www.arubacloud.com

• When you say cloud what are you actually looking for in a hosting provider besides the specs & ddos protection.