Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!] - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!]

Comments

• vovlervovler Member
    edited October 2017

@WSS said:

@cyberpersons said:
    @WSS

You have to meet with people demands. :)

If as many people were demanding of me as they are you- and weren't offering a direct incentive, guess where they'd end up..

patreon.com?

@cyberpersons Actually, not that bad of an idea. I'm sure if you create a patreon people here from LET, would support the project, even if only with $1.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Excellent work here. Anxious to give it a try. Keep up the good work.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

@cyberpersons out of curiosity do you actually work for LitespeedTech or commissioned since you have an e-mail on their domain? I've always wondered.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MikeA said:
    @cyberpersons out of curiosity do you actually work for LitespeedTech or commissioned since you have an e-mail on their domain? I've always wondered.

Looks like he does work for/with them.

• @cyberpersons said:
    @dragon2611 @Linkhost ,

I was adding some new features, but I have started working on it, all past installs will be updated to latest version.

Thanks for being patient meanwhile.

@WSS

You have to meet with people demands. :)

Regards

The 16 char limit on SQL names might be a problem for long domains as well with the current way it does the prefix.

• @MikeA said:

Yes, Mike, Occasionally I take part in support and handles CyberPanel development.

LSCPD is also another project related to CyberPanel which is the slimmed down version of OpenLitespeed which powers CyberPanel.

PS. Mike is a great guy and looks like he never sleeps. :)

Regards

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited October 2017

@cyberpersons said:

@MikeA said:

Yes, Mike, Occasionally I take part in support and handles CyberPanel development.

LSCPD is also another project related to CyberPanel which is the slimmed down version of OpenLitespeed which powers CyberPanel.

PS. Mike is a great guy and looks like he never sleeps. :)

Regards

So there's a whole team behind cyberpanel?

Edit: Cyberpanel seems to be being developed by litespeed itself.

• WSSWSS Member

@jetchirag said:
    Edit: Cyberpanel seems to be being developed by litespeed itself.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense than one dude with superhuman coding skillz. So, they're basically using LET to help add most-needed features. Wonder what the end product will cost.

• WSS said: Wonder what the end product will cost.

On the basis of what's been told till now, it isn't clear on the pricing. "Planning to keep it free" but not promised. So I guess once it's out of beta with every cool feature, it wouldn't be 100% free. But because the source code is available, everything seems unpredictable atm.

WSS said: one dude with superhuman coding skillz

I can live in peace now.

• Exciting stuff

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited October 2017

Gave it a try today, looks promising.

Installed WP on a domain and the script generates duplicate uncommented DB_NAME and DB_USER entries in the wp-config. you might want to clean up that, and also auto-generate salt keys as well

define('DB_NAME', 'WaIiDrHoUpLhM1');
    define('DB_NAME', 'database_name_here');

/** MySQL database username */
    define('DB_USER', 'Wa**DrHo**LhM1');
    define('DB_USER', 'username_here');

/** MySQL database password */
    define('DB_PASSWORD', 'uRg**Q7R**RoPl');

/** MySQL hostname */
    define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
    define('DB_COLLATE', '');

define('AUTH_KEY',         'put your unique phrase here');
    define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY',  'put your unique phrase here');
    define('LOGGED_IN_KEY',    'put your unique phrase here');

• cyberpersonscyberpersons Member
    edited October 2017

@dragon2611

The issue you mentioned is fixed.

@mehargags

This issue has also been fixed.

Upgrade instructions: http://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=upgrade

Summary of the changelog:

• Added option to list databases and change password.
    • Added option to list FTP and change the ftp password.
    • Bug fix for the database name.
    • Bug fix in WordPress installation.
    • Can set custom path while creating ftp accounts.

Regards

Thanked by 2Linkhost PremiumN
  • @cyberpersons thanks. I will update and check.

I was just playing around with it on a 1GB VPS (pretty low powered one) and MySQL stopped in between. This threw the ugly error page for CyberPanel also and I could not use the panel until I SSH'd and restarted MySQL manually.

Is CyberPanel using MySQL instance shared with the system ? if so, that's a big problem for someone who will use a panel for least amount of SSH/CLI involvement.

• @cyberpersons think the update exploded it

"Could not connect, please refresh this page." - as soon as update was pressed.

Refresh splits this out (can't post here because CF is to overzealous)
    https://pastebin.com/REwh1uTr

• @mehargags separate MYSQL instance could use more memory or it is also possible to shift it to SQLite. Will look into this.

@dragon2611

Did you follow the guide on the link? If not please send login details so I can upgrade on your vps.

Regards

Thanked by 1Linkhost
  • dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited October 2017

no I made the mistake of using the upgrade button in the web-UI, since the only site on it was using sqlite I just copied that dir then removed/reinstalled.

Edit: Fixed although the 16Char limit on DB names is a pain if you have a longish domain name.

• Just use the sqlite, shared mysql or web server with other websites isn't a good option imo.

• admfadmf Member
    edited October 2017

looks like zpanel / sentora with a new interface

take a look at these projects to increment yours

I know a lot of people will alert about many/old vulnerabilities bla bla bla .....

• @WSS just noticed username is cyberpersons !

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

@WSS

If only ONAPP GOT OUT OF THEIR LITTLE CORNER and ACTUALLY UPDATED THEIR GODD*MN SOFTWARE, we wouldn’t be complaining so much...

• @admf said:
    looks like zpanel / sentora with a new interface

take a look at these projects to increment yours

I know a lot of people will alert about many/old vulnerabilities bla bla bla .....

????

His panel isn’t related to zPanel/Sentora. Why would anyone want to base their code off such crappily written software?

• got some problems with the installer.

• If you check for noobish "out of memory" issues, number one problem is because MySQL ran out of memory and stopped/crashed. This will render the whole panel useless and defeat the purpose of having the panel.

@cyberpersons said:
    separate MYSQL instance could use more memory or it is also possible to shift it to SQLite. Will look into this.

That's a bummer... honestly speaking!!!

The control panel software cannot use anything that it controls, follow the simple logic. You have to use NoSQL/SQLite or other simpler ways to store your data. For eg: VestaCP uses its own concise instance of PHP altogether separate from what is installed on the system.

• @perryoo11 said:

got some problems with the installer.

You can let it continue, it will complete the installation.

• @mehargags said:
    If you check for noobish "out of memory" issues, number one problem is because MySQL ran out of memory and stopped/crashed. This will render the whole panel useless and defeat the purpose of having the panel.

@cyberpersons said:
    separate MYSQL instance could use more memory or it is also possible to shift it to SQLite. Will look into this.

That's a bummer... honestly speaking!!!

The control panel software cannot use anything that it controls, follow the simple logic. You have to use NoSQL/SQLite or other simpler ways to store your data. For eg: VestaCP uses its own concise instance of PHP altogether separate from what is installed on the system.

The panel uses its own:

• Web server (LSCPD).
    • It's own backend.
    • it's own php.
    • Initially, it used SQLite later we changed to MySQL for some experiments. But it is still under development we planned to either use SQLite or separate MySQL instance.

Regards

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • If anyone is having issues with the upgrades, they can let us know.

Thank you.

• pls notify when you moved to separate/no MySQL. I'll do my testing further :)

• @mehargags said:
    pls notify when you moved to separate/no MySQL. I'll do my testing further :)

By any chance, you were able to find any other bugs?

• Hi will this be open source ?

• Cluster support ? :)