Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid: Paymentwall is a holy crap.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member
edited March 2017 in Reviews

Previously, I used PW to process Alipay payments from my customers. (Now I use other ways, and have decided to stop using PW)

In PW's portal, I only allowed Alipay. So, 100% of our income through PW, is processed via Alipay.

The first crap is that, you need to wait for 2 months until the payout. Yes, you receive your payout of your profit made in January, in March!

The last time, they were too slow to send payout (via ACH to my company's bank account) saying that « the queue is too long ».

January was the last time I use PW. So, I thought in this month I should get my last payout and kill my account.

Then it begins:

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We noticed that you had a decrease in your revenue in February that's why your payout > will be put on hold for 3 months. This payout will be released on the scheduled payout of May 2017.

Regards,
Paymentwall Team

I was shocked, and then I saw this link
https://www.paymentwall.com/en/faq/payouts/194

The payout can also be put on hold for a specific amount of time if we see that you have stopped processing payments. This is to cover any possible chargebacks the users may file. Once the prescriptive period is over, we will pay you your remaining balance minus any refunds or chargebacks.

Okay, I don't want to say anything more. However, AFAIK, chargebacks are unavailable in Alipay. Once you made the payment, everything is over.

Then they wrote this to me:

You are correct that Alipay doesn't allow chargebacks but allow refunds.

Without new revenue, we have to keep funds in your account to cover possible requests.

If you decide to completely stop the processing with us, we still have to wait the elapse of the risk period.

Yes, I know that Alipay supports refunds. However, if my customer submits a ticket to me requesting refund, I need to contact PW manually to get the transaction voided. Previously, I did this for times, and they never replied nor made the refund... I had to refund externally using other ways...

I googled « Paymentwall payout on hold », and saw some similar situations on other people's review. So, I suggest that: avoid using Paymentwall.

Comments

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Why you don't go directly with Alipay and avoid man in the middle? PW charge massive fees.

• @time4vps said:
    Why you don't go directly with Alipay and avoid man in the middle? PW charge massive fees.

$5,000 minimal withdrawal limit.

Now I've used another solution. Avoided men in the middle...

Thanked by 1im8a
  • I know some high risk processors (dating/adult sites, PPV, etc) in the US hold funds and do a rolling reserve of 10-20% of your monthly sales in anticipation of chargebacks

• @XIAOSpider97 said:

@time4vps said:

$5,000 minimal withdrawal limit.

Now I've used another solution. Avoided men in the middle...

Hey, I am wondering which option you chose at last to settle Alipay.
    Thank you in advance!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Stripe support Alipay, I know that is middle man, but I thought the Alipay has strange terms and conditions that your business need to be located in China

• For Alipay HK and Macao are also PRC, so in reality this is no issue. Not enforced either anyway.

• Their support experience was not so good for me.

• @WebProject said:
    Stripe support Alipay, I know that is middle man, but I thought the Alipay has strange terms and conditions that your business need to be located in China

How much does Stripe earn from supporting Alipay and Wechat Pay anyway? I mean they're a good option for processing credit cards I heard but never really read on processing Chinese payments.

• Tbh at the prices other merchants charge for Alipay if you are unable to signup yourself, or the restrictions like Paymentwall, even if Stripe charges like 20% it is probably still the better deal-

• 2.9% + 30cents per charge from Stripe.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Stripe only allows $10k/month via Alipay.

• Last I checked, anything that is holy was worth eating.. glad you tried it. I will pass as I had enough holy dessert for lunch.

• The crap is not holy

• @paco said:
    2.9% + 30cents per charge from Stripe.

Also get waived transaction fees until of $1000 in transactions, if you are a student from:

https://education.github.com/pack

• probably it's the time that wechat comes onto the stage?

• FuslFusl Member
    edited October 2017

Yep, been using them for years as a client of myLoc's cheap-ish servdiscount.com brand, every single credit card transaction takes around 15 to 30 minutes to complete while it just keeps telling me that the transaction is in progress and very often, especially recently, they keep telling me that my credit card was declined, but not just one or two credit cards, all credit cards (Visa and MasterCard) that I have get declined every now and then for some random reason, sometimes they also fail to load their own website or the payment frontend. Here are two screenshots (1 & 2) of their fuckups they have very often.

It is because of this payment processing provider that I canceled all my services with servdiscount because they literally do not offer any other payment option.

My tip for everyone running a business using external payment processing providers (probably almost every provider on this board): Offer at least two completely different payment processing providers to your clients, because it will keep your clients calm and safe your ass when one of your providers decides to stop their business either for you only or for all of their clients.

Edit: Just checked how many manual credit card payments I made with Paymentwall to servdiscount: It's a total of about 100, and every single time I had to wait at least 10+ minutes for them to process a payment resulting in more than half a day of my entire life wasted on the payment website of a crappy payment processor. #DankeMerkel

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

You just hit a wall...a 4, 6, 7, 10 billion dollar wall....PaymentWall. We keep your funds, indefinitely.

Say in your favorite advertising voice ;)

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

I was looking into paymentwall integrations but then came across this post on hackernews (https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10171865).

• @WebProject said:

Well, Stripe deactivated my Alipay saying my business category is not supported by them.

Then I saw VULTR is using Stripe to process Alipay payments!

Screw Stripe.

• @XIAOSpider97 said:

@WebProject said:

Well, Stripe deactivated my Alipay saying my business category is not supported by them.

Then I saw VULTR is using Stripe to process Alipay payments!

Screw Stripe.

Do you offer vpn service?

• @Vinnyletje said:

No. Only VPS/Dedi.

• @XIAOSpider97 said:

@Vinnyletje said:

No. Only VPS/Dedi.

Hmm have you contacted stripe support?

• @Vinnyletje said:
    Hmm have you contacted stripe support?

I surely had. And they refused to reactivate Alipay for me.