Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedi with ~50TB traffic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedi with ~50TB traffic

madnoobmadnoob Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

Howdy.
I'm looking for an EU dedi with the following specs :
Min. 800mbit port
Traffic 50TBish!
32 gigs of RAM
e3 xeon or greater (i7 works as well)
Budget the cheaper the better

OVH seems feasible but a bit expensive. Probably asking for impossible but thought I'd ask anyways.

Comments

• lionlion Member
    edited October 2017

@Clouvider said:
    Lets see.

So HE.net is the cheapest now.
    10Gbit/s for $1500 (£1111.52 by Google). That does not include: Cross Connects, Routing Equipment, Switching equipment, Expertise, Staff, Currency fluctuations, etc, to maintain.

£1111.52 / 10 = £111.15 that's your raw bandwidth. Now add server, power, marketing, spares, payment fees, non paying Customers, DDoS protection, etc. to that, and oh, btw, profit.

By the time you do that, if you're lucky and someone offers you a good deal you end up with shitty bandwidth and some server for £150 - ish.

Thanked by 2Clouvider CConner
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

How much data transfer do you actually think you will need.

1G should cost at least $200 /month from the likes of HE.net, but in Europe, I think most upstreams cost much closer to $0.50-$1 /Mbit, which means $400 - $800 in bandwidth costs alone. Of course that would be for dedicated bandwidth... But $0.2 /Mbit is possible, so I guess the lower bound would be $200 + server.

Is $300 or so in your budget?

• @lion said:

@Clouvider said:
    Lets see.

So HE.net is the cheapest now.
    10Gbit/s for $1500 (£1111.52 by Google). That does not include: Cross Connects, Routing Equipment, Switching equipment, Expertise, Staff, Currency fluctuations, etc, to maintain.

£1111.52 / 10 = £111.15 that's your raw bandwidth. Now add server, power, marketing, spares, payment fees, non paying Customers, DDoS protection, etc. to that, and oh, btw, profit.

By the time you do that, if you're lucky and someone offers you a good deal you end up with shitty bandwidth and some server for £150 - ish.

Do you think we can get @jarland to pin this post somewhere or link to it when something like "unlimited" occurs in the title of the thread? It sums it up lovely.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • lionlion Member
    edited October 2017

@bluesega said:
    Do you think we can get @jarland to pin this post somewhere or link to it when something like "unlimited" occurs in the title of the thread? It sums it up lovely.

I agree, just the USD to GBP conversion needs to be a bit dynamic :P

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • madnoobmadnoob Member
    edited October 2017

@randvegeta said:
    How much data transfer do you actually think you will need.

1G should cost at least $200 /month from the likes of HE.net, but in Europe, I think most upstreams cost much closer to $0.50-$1 /Mbit, which means $400 - $800 in bandwidth costs alone. Of course that would be for dedicated bandwidth... But $0.2 /Mbit is possible, so I guess the lower bound would be $200 + server.

Is $300 or so in your budget?

Approx 50TB per month would be used. Need something way below 300 bucks. I know how sensitive LET is about unlimited bw , but maybe something will pop up.

• VinnyletjeVinnyletje Member
    edited October 2017

An alternative would be to go for hetzner and pay for the extra bandwidth that you used wich is 1.17 exlc vat/tb if you exceed the 30tb/month but again are you looking for a premium network?

• i am using eqservers.com easily pushing 50-60 TB on 100$ server.

they have out let server store @ https://www.eqservers.com/outlet.php

btw Not Affiliated in anyway.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

if you need approximately 50 TB than ask for the quote for approximately 50 TB not 800 Mbps unmetered.

When you order unmetered I have two options. I either sell you 'unmetered' 800M that is shared with 200 others where you might be lucky to be able to max it or not at some time during the day or night, which I don't do, or I need to charge you for 800M in anticipation that you'll use 800M as there might be some time when you will, which is clearly out of your budget.

So, be realistic with your expectations and you'll get good offers.

Thanked by 1hackerman
  • @Clouvider said:
    if you need approximately 50 TB than ask for the quote for approximately 50 TB not 800 Mbps unmetered.

When you order unmetered I have two options. I either sell you 'unmetered' 800M that is shared with 200 others where you might be lucky to be able to max it or not at some time during the day or night, which I don't do, or I need to charge you for 800M in anticipation that you'll use 800M as there might be some time when you will, which is clearly out of your budget.

So, be realistic with your expectations and you'll get good offers.

Okay boss. Like i mentioned , about 50TB is to be expected.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2017

@madnoob said:

Hi,
    please check that server https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?/cart&action=add&id=170&cat_id=3

Is 1231v3 at €44 that you can upgrade to 50tb with 1gbps uplink for only 9€ or upgrade to 1Gbps unmetered for 99€

You will be able to push 1gbps uplink

Regards

Thanked by 1madnoob
  • Your best bet would be Hetzner auction.
    An i7 with 32 GB 20 TB incl. on a 1 Gb port plus another 30 TB traffic would cost you 77€.
    Pretty cheap in my opinion.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

I can provide you

Supermicro - E3-1275v5 - 32GB DDR4 - 2x500GB SSD - 50TB traffic - 1Gbps uplink for €140 each month

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

We have a current (non public yet) promo: Supermicro - E3-1230v5 - 32GB DDR4 - 4x2000GB - 100 TB traffic - 1Gbps dedicated premium traffic uplink for 249EUR. Let me know if interested.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

@joeri said:
    I can provide you

Supermicro - E3-1275v5 - 32GB DDR4 - 2x500GB SSD - 50TB traffic - 1Gbps uplink for €140 each month

Do you really want a customer that’ll push 50tb/mo on a $160 US plan?

• @doghouch said:

@joeri said:
    I can provide you

I do 40TB a month give or take with SoYouStart for around $35 a month.. Granted only 250Mbps guaranteed

• maylimayli Member
    edited October 2017

I do about 20T on a single scaleway cheapest VM. You can buy few if you need more bandwidth. Each VM has 200mbps,so 4 should be enough. This is not a big dedi, but it's the cheapest bw you can get.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited October 2017

@doghouch said:

@joeri said:
    I can provide you

Yes, we have a good network and enough capacity (each rack have 2x10Gbps or 4x10Gbps)

• Thanks for the offers lads. Found something at server4you.

@Jarland can tell you why you just made a mistake by going with Servers4You ;-)

• worldstream.nl 50TB with E3-1246v3 3.50GHz and 32 GB RAM for 61€ per month

• @Clouvider said:

Did something happen? Jarland seemed quite happy with their services contrary to general opinion.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Ill do you E3-1240v5/6, 32GB DDR4, 1 x 240GB SSD, 50TB transfer on 1Gbps burstable port - £80/m - London Docklands hosted, premium transit. PM for deal.

• Please take a look at: https://www.worldstream.nl/custom_dedicated_servers

The Intel i3 2100 comes with 50TB on a gigabit uplink for €25/month.

They do accept various payment methods, including Bitcoins.

We already rented a server from them for our VPN service and are very happy with it.

• WSSWSS Member

He asks for e3 (or i7), so you quote an i3. How much for an e7, then?

Thanked by 2joeri mayli
  • GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

worldstream - they offer good prices

Wow, somebody clearly missed the fact that this is already gone.

@Tion said:

@Clouvider said:

Did something happen? Jarland seemed quite happy with their services contrary to general opinion.

If I remember correctly he is no longer.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited October 2017

lion and some others

Aren't you overdoing it a bit? For a start, obviously "800Mb" is nonsense, but then the guy asking has "noob" in his nick. 50TB are more in the 150Mb ballpark (if he really uses that bandwidth. It is well known that noobs tend to make rather uneducated guesses).

As much as Clouvider is right in the quoted post, we shouldn't be plastering it too gratuitously on slightly uncommon requests.

@madnoob

Careful, young man! It isn't helping your cause to have "noob!" blinking on your forehead nor is it helpful to throw around numbers and terms you don't understand. Just state what you need and what you understand and/or ask where you don't understand something.

If approached reasonably the LET crowd is way friendlier then some rumors might suggest.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @bsdguy said:
    lion and some others

Aren't you overdoing it a bit?

I just gave him what he asked for ¯_(ツ)_/¯