Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel DNSOnly change to 3rd party plugins
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel DNSOnly change to 3rd party plugins

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

after using the cpanel dnsonly for almost 3 years, with many plugins like csf, and many more, today i was astonished....

when i logged into the dnsonly whm panel, i did not see the plugins icon, which in trun used to show the 3rd party plugins installed

i have mailed cpanel cs team, awaiting their response

anyone else experiencing this or its just with me

or is cpanel dnsonly changing to really dnsonly...

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

It doesn't say anything here: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/Manage+Plugins

But really, how hard is it to add a zone and HUP the service?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:
    It doesn't say anything here: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/Manage+Plugins

But really, how hard is it to add a zone and HUP the service?

is it really hard?

i mean never felt so?

let me know if you require any help of it or any kinda assistance

• WSSWSS Member

I was implying doing this without the need for CPanel. Thanks all the same. :)

@WSS said:
    I was implying doing this without the need for CPanel. Thanks all the same. :)

oh i see

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Yea, if you're using cpanel the implication typically is you don't know how to maintain/operate a server from the command line.

No it's not really hard, but people are not willing to put the time in to learn, especially in the instant/now generation.

Being dependent on a third party, cpanel in this case, didn't mean it's going to last forever, eventually you will have to or should learn.

• @oneilonline said:
    Yea, if you're using cpanel the implication typically is you don't know how to maintain/operate a server from the command line.

>

Typically it means you're running a shared hosting business and use cPanel because customers like cPanel :-)

As sysadmins we really could live without cPanel, sure there's a small amount of people that use cPanel because they think they know how to run a hosting company from a GUI - but majority of us actually knows how to build infrastructure, but for simplicity for the end-user, cPanel, Plesk or similar usually ends up on shared hosting servers.

Could also build our own control panel, but at the cPanel pricing, it makes next to no sense anyway.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Lee

very true, but for our clients they may not like without a panel

and why cpanel, as a matter of fact any panel...

but all seems to disgrace from the topic

• LeeLee Veteran

oneilonline said: Yea, if you're using cpanel the implication typically is you don't know how to maintain/operate a server from the command line.

Idiot. Nay, Cunt.